Washington 31st in attendance

turtle28

A new stadium and name isn’t going to fix this. I’d also bet if they pick Commanders it’s going to totally deflate the fanbase. I didn’t care for Redwolves but the majority of the fanbase wanted it. They could’ve made it happen but they botched it because it’s going to be whatever Dan wants. At this point there’s only two ways to fix this. Totally luck into an elite level QB or Snyder is forced to sell. There’s no other way to fix this mess. The fans are done. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

A new stadium and name isn’t going to fix this. I’d also bet if they pick Commanders it’s going to totally deflate the fanbase. I didn’t care for Redwolves but the majority of the fanbase wanted it. They could’ve made it happen but they botched it because it’s going to be whatever Dan wants. At this point there’s only two ways to fix this. Totally luck into an elite level QB or Snyder is forced to sell. There’s no other way to fix this mess. The fans are done. 

Honestly I wouldn’t wish Snyder the benefit of selling a elite QB. He’d just mingle his way back trust me then actually hitting a QB selection while he still weasel’s on the lifeblood of this franchise isn’t something we want. I actually hope within the next two years that the only B&G at a game is apart of the stadium and staff. I just hope something somewhere gets him out. 

14 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

If we win games, it’s fixed 

I disagree. It would have to be years of winning. They won 4 games in a row and were in the playoff hunt and the stadium was completely filled with cowboys fans. I just don’t think it’s as simple as “winning” anymore. It has to be sustained winning for probably 2-3 years before the fans start to come back and the stadium isn’t filled with opposing fans. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

If we win games, it’s fixed 

I think so too. This city loves a winner & there's a lot of bandwagon fans. Just look at the Nats games vs when they’re winning & in the playoffs vs after the trade deadline when they did their fire sale this year.

I forget who said it, I think it was Steve Czaban a few years ago - who I dearly miss on my afternoon drives home from work - that DC is an Event Town. When there is a big event people will show up to see it, when there isn't a big event, they’ll find something else to do. So, if the WFT wins, the fans will be there, when they’re meh or worse as they've been for all but 4 or 5 years of the Snyder era then the stadium will only be half full and half of those fans may be our opponents fans.

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

I disagree. It would have to be years of winning. They won 4 games in a row and were in the playoff hunt and the stadium was completely filled with cowboys fans. I just don’t think it’s as simple as “winning” anymore. It has to be sustained winning for probably 2-3 years before the fans start to come back and the stadium isn’t filled with opposing fans. 

I think @MikeT14 is saying years of winning or more least a quarter or half of a season or a near-full season of winning. Most people felt our 4 game win streak was fools gold. We couldn't keep winning games while not scoring more than 21 points. 

6 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I think @MikeT14 is saying years of winning or more least a quarter or half of a season or a near-full season of winning. Most people felt our 4 game win streak was fools gold. We couldn't keep winning games while not scoring more than 21 points. 

Yeah but years of winning is like an incredible feat for this franchise lol. 

5 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Yeah but years of winning is like an incredible feat for this franchise lol. 

I understand but when they win even for one season it becomes a big event to go to in this town and fans will return if even it's just one season of 10 plus wins like 2012. I liken it to when the Nats went to the playoffs & won a World Series, everyone was about it that season, the next year and especially this year the stadium want full. This town is a big events town. If the WFT consistently wins then fans will consistently go but if they don't, fans won't go.

At this point?

Dan selling won't fix it. 

Relocation/new stadium won't fix it.

New team name/logo won't fix it.

There's only 1-way to fix it! Or 2 ways, I guess I should say...

1)An elite franchise HOF caliber QB playing here. 

2)We start winning consistently

We have to draft or trade for that guy, this season. It's just that simple.

The problem with drafting one?

We won't know if he's truly good, until he plays. 

And quite honestly? What's a rookie going to do under this roster? Probably not much.

Which means we need to trade/sign Rodgers, Wilson, Watson or a QB of that caliber. I'm not even sure Watson would do it.

It probably needs to be a SB winning QB.

And that will probably just bring back 1/2 the fans.

This team is a **** on a shingle dumpster fire.

Pretty bad when Rivera can't get this crapfest to .500. Superbowl winner as a player. Superbowl appearance as a coach.

This team doesn't deserve a name.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

I am, but yes I should have been more clear.