Week 18 2021 - GDT - Saints (8-8) @ Falcons (7-9)

Mid Iowa

Awesome seasons for our guys, the fact we were fighting for a playoff spot in week 19 with the injuries we have suffered this year is really really impressive. 

We 100% exceeded expectations this year, anyone who doesn’t see it that way for sure is a homer who had their hopes too high. 

bad luck on the injuries, but we got a bunch of gamers on this team, we’ll be right back in the thick of it next year

Edited by Dome
  • Like 1

Definitely exceeded expectations.  I expected us to be around .500 even without the injuries.  When you have a great defense though, you can win games without scoring TDs and throwing for 300 yards a game, and they carried us through many games this year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jlowe22 said:

Definitely exceeded expectations.  I expected us to be around .500 even without the injuries.  When you have a great defense though, you can win games without scoring TDs and throwing for 300 yards a game, and they carried us through many games this year.

I put us anywhere from 6 to 10 wins at the start of the year. Depending on how Winston looked. I bet 95% of Saints fans had similar predictions…

We meet those marks even with more injuries than we’ve ever had in a year… no way you can’t be happy with those results 

1 hour ago, tyler735 said:

Happy with the record given the circumstances, but bummed with the end result.

fair

im impressed with the team regardless, it was going to be a weird transition year and nobody knew what to expect, moving on from a HOF QB is tough for teams even when his play on the field is nowhere near HOF level anymore... but the Saints kept trucking like nothing happened until Jameis went down.

The future is bright.

Edited by Dome
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Dome said:

The future is bright.

I believe this. I get really pissed when games aren't going our way, and bottom line, I HATE to lose. I was really, really pissed last night because our guys won and still lost. That's a really weird bag of emotions I haven't felt since the Rams did this to us back in the late 90's or early 2000's.

Our defense is fairly young sans Jordan, Jenkins, and Davis. I think they can continue to ball out, and you throw another hardcore edge rusher and LB in the mix, and look out.

Offense, I really really really hope Winston can come back and continue his growth under us. He was playing so well for us, and his durability is great! The knee was a fluke, and that's why that tackle is illegal, it hurts the best of the best.

The rest of the offense? --we've got some work to do. Our O-line depth is paper thin, our TE corps is even worse than that, our WR corps is so damn questionable week to week... I feel the only stable position is at running back, and that's even questionable with Kamara usually taking a few weeks of every season to nurse an ankle.

To the point, yes, we over achieved considering the loss of Winston. I was optimistic at the beginning of the season and thought we'd be an 11 win team. Well, we would have been. Hell, maybe even better. Stupid Covid and injuries. 58 starters injured this season...

• Like 1