GM Finalists (Schoen, Poles, Peters)

Acgott

I think a lot of people, including myself, had a strong feeling it was going to be Schoen from the beginning. While it is trending that way, I can't help but be super interested in Poles, so I am glad he is getting a 2nd interview. He's a former college OL who protected Matt Ryan at BC, he's a New York native, and he is still very present in the OL scene. I imagine he had a say in the moves KC made when they revitalized their OL in just one offseason, especially in the evaluations of Creed Humphrey and Trey Smith. He's also super young.

Schoen is much more experienced and will probably be our next GM, which from all accounts is a good move, but Poles is definitely interesting.

I would have liked to see Adam Peters get a 2nd interview as well; he'd be my choice for the job.

27 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I think a lot of people, including myself, had a strong feeling it was going to be Schoen from the beginning. While it is trending that way, I can't help but be super interested in Poles, so I am glad he is getting a 2nd interview. He's a former college OL who protected Matt Ryan at BC, he's a New York native, and he is still very present in the OL scene. I imagine he had a say in the moves KC made when they revitalized their OL in just one offseason, especially in the evaluations of Creed Humphrey and Trey Smith. He's also super young.

Schoen is much more experienced and will probably be our next GM, which from all accounts is a good move, but Poles is definitely interesting.

I would have liked to see Adam Peters get a 2nd interview as well; he'd be my choice for the job.

Yes, Schoen definitely seems like the front runner, but after our last HC search, who knows what it actually means. He may get a billion from the bears.

Scheon is only 42, compared to Poles, 36. I agree, I’m happy with the candidates.

12 minutes ago, Acgott said:

@minutemancl Also if Poles is hired, I would imagine the leading HC candidate would be Bienemy. How would you feel about that,

I think that is all conjecture, as to who Poles would want as HC. Regardless though, I made this point in NFL Gen, that I am now not passing any judgment on a HC or GM hiring until we at least see some of what they do. I've been burned by Judge. Until then, I am either saying I am satisfied or unsatisfied with whatever hiring we make. If we hire Poles, I would be satisfied. If we hire Bienemy, I will also be satisfied.

1 minute ago, Acgott said:

This is one of the few times I seen someone promoting their own candidate, and actually mean it on another forum.

Everyone always talks about how stacked the 49ers roster is, right? Well, go back and look at all the early misses this team has had and then look at the gems they have drafted in the later rounds or even all the UDFA contributors. Early picks are usually going to be the decision of Kyle or even Lynch, but as the draft progressed, that's where Peters and his team would have more influence. 

Everyone in the Niners organization and even fanbase acknowledge that Peters is really good at identifying talent in the mid to late rounds. That's where the draft evaluators make their money from. 

• Like 2