Talent Acquisition and Separation

onejayhawk

10 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Hopefully we still either draft a guy or keep going after Shenault. But I could easily see a reality where we wind up with a better corp this year, even with a much worse #1. Might have the opposite kind of WR Corp versus last year.

Yeah my buddy is a Broncos fan and hes already getting started. “Paying 30 mill to three number 3s, but no number one 😂😂

hes not wrong, Tyreek probably equates to the three of them. But this aint the NBA, we got 53 roster spots to fill and any injury is huge in short volume season. 

I still want to draft somebody though. Dotson, Watson, Jotson idc, well incorporate them into the fold. 

8 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Yeah my buddy is a Broncos fan and hes already getting started. “Paying 30 mill to three number 3s, but no number one 😂😂

hes not wrong, Tyreek probably equates to the three of them. But this aint the NBA, we got 53 roster spots to fill and any injury is huge in short volume season. 

I still want to draft somebody though. Dotson, Watson, Jotson idc, well incorporate them into the fold. 

There’s certainly guys more than capable of becoming a 1 in this draft.  Will it happen year one? In a Reid offense you never know, one of these guys could be Neo.

Between Hardman, JuJu, MVS, Gordon, and potentially a round #1 pick we should be able to work out a decent depth chart. For those of us who remember the years between Bowe and Maclin, it's an ambarrasssment of riches.

It is worth noting that Mecole seemed to have figured a few things out late last season. He was able to step into a fair ammount of Tyreeks routes, including Wasp. Gordon was new to the system and not in football shape during 2021. His role may be larger than most anticipate. JuJu is more in the Sammy Watkins mode while MVS has never had his opportunity to shine. There are puzzle pieces to assemble.

Brady had less during more than one Super Bowl season. Then again, Brady had a Belichick defense.

J

2 hours ago, RedGold said:

I may be in the minority, but I’m more hoping we draft enough to get Gordon off the roster.   My expectations for him are not that much higher than Corey Coleman 

Yeah hes got bricks for hands. Im treating him like an UDFA with high upside at this point. Not really part of the calculations, and any contribution we get is a bonus

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RedGold said:

I may be in the minority, but I’m more hoping we draft enough to get Gordon off the roster.   My expectations for him are not that much higher than Corey Coleman 

Same. Hoping for a 1st or 2nd round guy and a 4th+ round guy. 

Juju+MVS+Hardman+1st/2nd+4th then Fountain or someone else to round it out. This isn’t a depth projection, just a list.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chiefer said:

https://youtu.be/xi_BpyaoaF4

MVS highlights to check out , it honestly looks very similar to what we did with Hill. Hes gonna fit right in.

No lie. This dude is fast. I also like the backstory about being cut in 9th grade. I'm guessing that he wasn't very big yet. 

JuJu is a more physical receiver and Gordon is the glue guy. It makes for a nice mix with downfield possibilities. Now we need to work the kinks out.

J

Thing about MVS, he’ll take the top off,  what we’ll miss most about Ty is taking the quick slant and turning it into a 60 yard gain.  Fast, but not nearly as shifty or quick.  I think that’s the unappreciated thing about the Cheetah, he was fast in an instant.  He could jitterbug around then be gone.

58 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

No lie. This dude is fast. I also like the backstory about being cut in 9th grade. I'm guessing that he wasn't very big yet. 

JuJu is a more physical receiver and Gordon is the glue guy. It makes for a nice mix with downfield possibilities. Now we need to work the kinks out.

J

Yeah Kelce also there as a possession  type guy. 

Mahomes just needs to build chemistry, hopefully Juju is healthy too.

I still want a receiver in the draft, maybe a guy like Phillips who is a unique slot option ala Renfrow.