2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

Lots of guys to be able to fight it out. Martin guaranteed a spot now with this money guaranteed. Huff I think the staff likes a lot too. So going to be hard for Zuniga or Rashed to make the roster on sundays with us drafting a guy I’m sure.

Absolutely nothing wrong with showing your cards a bit when building a roster… but if you ask me… JD has kind of showed his cards until something changes that DE will be the pick at 4 and WR at 10. Now I do expect us to grab another WR somehow in FA. Depending how good that WR is… it could change things. Same can be said if we by the odd chance trade for Hunter. That’s changes things as well. But as we sit right now…. Starting DE and WR are our 2 biggest needs and might fall per effect for us in the draft to where we get the 2nd best DE on our Baird and maybe the top WR.

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Absolutely nothing wrong with showing your cards a bit when building a roster… but if you ask me… JD has kind of showed his cards until something changes that DE will be the pick at 4 and WR at 10. Now I do expect us to grab another WR somehow in FA. Depending how good that WR is… it could change things. Same can be said if we by the odd chance trade for Hunter. That’s changes things as well. But as we sit right now…. Starting DE and WR are our 2 biggest needs and might fall per effect for us in the draft to where we get the 2nd best DE on our Baird and maybe the top WR.

I have no problem with that at all.  Based off needs and how the league is built I want top 10 DEs and WRs.  Works out perfectly for us.

I'm wondering how many picks we actually make this season or if we move around.  After all of these signings do we make 9 picks?  They did well at the bottom of the draft last year, I could see them getting future picks and/or moving back up into the 2nd or 3rd.

3 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I have no problem with that at all.  Based off needs and how the league is built I want top 10 DEs and WRs.  Works out perfectly for us.

I'm wondering how many picks we actually make this season or if we move around.  After all of these signings do we make 9 picks?  They did well at the bottom of the draft last year, I could see them getting future picks and/or moving back up into the 2nd or 3rd.

I say make the picks. Now if a great offer comes in, you have to listen. But we’re a franchise that needs players and wins. Not future assets. We saw what a good draft class can do last year. Do it again. And we can really start building something.

35 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Yep I'd be very surprised if we didn't go edge and WR with our top two picks now, barring any trades in the meantime for players in those positions. And if we can get some production from those two, we should be a much more watchable team next season.

I like what the Jets have done so far. I would love to get Chandler Jones. This guy can put pressure on the QB. The Bills are going to be very hard to beat so we have to put pressure on Allen. I would love to have Jones, Lawson, and Hutch as our edge guys. If we can come out of this draft with Hutch/KT and Gardner/Stingley this team should be in a lot of games. 

7 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I like what the Jets have done so far. I would love to get Chandler Jones. This guy can put pressure on the QB. The Bills are going to be very hard to beat so we have to put pressure on Allen. I would love to have Jones, Lawson, and Hutch as our edge guys. If we can come out of this draft with Hutch/KT and Gardner/Stingley this team should be in a lot of games. 

He gone already to LV

Remember guys a lot of the FA and trades are still on hold waiting to see what happens with the Watson situation. Then you have the ripple of Mayfield, Jimmy G and the rest will fall in place. Most guys want to know who the QB is for that team before they sign. 

1 minute ago, rickyt31 said:

Makes me wonder if we're in a Metcalf Vs Hunter sitaution here. 

That could very well be. They probably have both deals set and seeing what else falls. I still think we need to have Watson find a home before anyone else big moves. I read too that Watson is torn between 4 teams. Hurry up and make up your mind lol.