2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

3 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I’m confused. Who do you think Ickey or Neal would be replacing?

you're not confused.  I know that's where if Becton doesn't suck they would play RT, but i feel the same way about both these guys i did about becton.  That they are RT in the nfl and not LT

8 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

See that’s a risk not worth taking unless we have a lot of depth at the top of our WR board. We’re basically in a position to get any receiver we want outside of who Atlanta picks, passing that up is hard to see.

Or he plans on trading back into Round 1 for a WR

10 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

If we don't choose a guy at 4 or 10 at WR there's a significant drop off in WR talent. You're talking from going from the like of Jameson Williams and Garrett Wilson caliber to Jahan Dotson and Skyy Moore caliber. Cant see guys like Drake London, Treylon Burks and Chris Olave making it to Day 2. I think 5 WRs go in Round 1 if not more. 

Aside from pre-injured Williams, is there really that big of a drop off?  I guess the context of the question should be elaborated.  If we draft DE at 4 and Sauce is available at 10 (small chance, I know), would the value of Sauce relative to the value of other CB's on day 2 be greater than the value of a WR at 10 relative to the value of day 2 WR's?  If that is what you believe, draft Sauce.  If you believe there is a greater drop off in WR talent, draft a WR at 10.  You can substitute Sauce for any other position and ask the same thing.

1 minute ago, xrade said:

Aside from pre-injured Williams, is there really that big of a drop off?  I guess the context of the question should be elaborated.  If we draft DE at 4 and Sauce is available at 10 (small chance, I know), would the value of Sauce relative to the value of other CB's on day 2 be greater than the value of a WR at 10 relative to the value of day 2 WR's?  If that is what you believe, draft Sauce.  If you believe there is a greater drop off in WR talent, draft a WR at 10.  You can substitute Sauce for any other position and ask the same thing.

I know I'm in the minority... but I actually don't think we need a CB at all (S is a different story). I also don't think CB is a premium position anymore. And I think us as rebuilding team, need to spend premium picks on premium positions. That's why I want DE and WR at 4 and 10. I see those as premium positions in todays NFL.

And yes I see a big drop off from the top 5 WRs to the next tier. We wait until Round 2 for a WR this year we aren't getting an Elijah Moore type talent (who should've been a 1st rounder). Skyy Moore and Jahan Dotson aren't answering our WR issue. I actually prefer Watson is we do wait until Round 2. But I'd MUCH rather us just draft a guy at 4 or 10 and get a legit WR that can be a game changer. 

• Like 2

For me personally I want quality of quantity. 

Webe had a lot of picks over the last couple of years and loads in this draft so I see no reason why we should be using all our picks. Package them up and get some elite talent into the building. 

Defensive end at #4 (Hutch or KT) would be ideal. If both are gone then I would go with the best player on the board at either o-line, cb or defensive end. We need premium players and if that happens to be a cb then I’d rather the better talent than a player who may play a more desired position in our coaches scheme. 

A player I like a ton is Daxton Hill. I think he will be a star. I would love him at the top of the second and would even gladly package our 2nd and say a 4th or 5th to jump to the end of round 1 and get him. 

3 hours ago, KimuraGod said:

Package them up and get some elite talent into the building. 

This is probably not the year to do that unless a true consensus talent falls. I just don’t see a clear cut top player at a position outside of the top 7 -10 players. For example, last year AVT was a clear cut top iOL ands JD went and got him. This year who is the top WR, S or CB besides Sauce?  You like Hill at S. After Hamilton some like Cine, some like Hill and some like Brisker. I also believe this extends to FO’s.

I guess what I’m trying to say is that this is not a deep draft for top end talent but pretty good for round two type talent. 

Edited by xrade

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Simms has Walker has his 2nd best DE and didn’t even have Thibs in his top 5.

Some of his takes just make no sense.

I ignore the mocks that have us taking Walker since it was obviously done by a high school student. I saw a mock today where we took Walker at 4 (over Thibs) and Penning at 10.  Had to be Giant fan.

Simms is pretty good at mocking QB’s but maybe not so good at the rest of the positions. 

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Simms has Walker has his 2nd best DE and didn’t even have Thibs in his top 5.

Some of his takes just make no sense.

Yeah and his explanation about it didn’t make sense either. Like he can’t watch Thibs film and then Walker’s and come to that conclusion. It’s impossible.