2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

5 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

OPOY and OROY were Wide Receivers

DPOY and DROY were EDGE

Kayvon at 4, London at 10

Goodnight ladies and gentlemen 

I can see it now.  Jets draft London and make him the face when they move to London.

I like Burks better but any combo of Thib/Hutch/Ojabo and Burks/Wilson/London is cool with me.  Two positions we have refused to address properly in the past 20 years and it has had a trickle down effect on the rest of the team.  It's time to change that.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Greene N White said:

Why not try becton out at guard? Feel like he would maul people at RG if he could get off the ball fast enough.

Two reasons not to put him at OG.  1.  He is 6'7".  This makes it tough for a QB to see over the middle.  2.   He did fairly well his rookie season at LT.  Why move him?  His issue ATM, is his work ethic or lack thereof, at least that is what we are lead to believe.  He is either going to play OT on this team or not at all.

5 hours ago, xrade said:

Two reasons not to put him at OG.  1.  He is 6'7".  This makes it tough for a QB to see over the middle.  2.   He did fairly well his rookie season at LT.  Why move him?  His issue ATM, is his work ethic or lack thereof, at least that is what we are lead to believe.  He is either going to play OT on this team or not at all.

Exactly. This was a back story reason why I hated drafted Becton to begin with as well. A lot of OTs drafted high that don’t pan out well at OT, can be moved inside and be great there. But bc of Bectons size… he can’t be moved inside. Restricting him to 2 positions not 4. A guy like AVT for example already can play 4 positions for us if needed. Neal and Ikem in the draft can play 4.

18 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

OPOY and OROY were Wide Receivers

DPOY and DROY were EDGE

Kayvon at 4, London at 10

Goodnight ladies and gentlemen 

lol Dangerous game you're playing here. 

I like them both, so I'm not against this. Just out of curiosity though, if we picked up another WR via trade/FA, who would you want at #10?

If we were to draft a WR, Drake London seems like the guy Wilson would need. Wide catching radius Wilson needs as he improves his accuracy. Before getting hurt, he was out performing D.Smith's Heisman season at one point. he has also taken a lot of snaps from the slot as well. 

Jameson Williams is probably the most electric WR out of the group. Watching him almost reminds me of prime Desean Jackson. The way a lot of athletes recover now with the new science, I'm not worried about his recovery unless he faces a set back.  The potential Williams & Moore would be fun to watch. Really good route runner. 

Garrett Wilson is the best route runner imo. Definitely deserves to be picked high. He's also dangerous after the catch. 

David Bell is one of my favorites because I watched him torch high graded CBs. Even when defenses sent safety help, he found ways to get open. Might have the highest game IQ out of the group. He's about 6'2 210lbs and can play X&Z. 

Kyle Phillips should be picked. As a UCLA fan, I think he's going to be a star. DTR missed him a lot. I remember at least 3 TDs he over threw Kyle on. He's well balanced in all areas but is untouchable at the line. Even in the bowl practices, you can see some clips where he beat the CBs but the QB missed him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I mean he was starter for Iowa for 2 seasons in the BIG 10. He’s I’m sure faced good competition.

Aside from maybe Haskell Garret, I don’t see any DT in the big 10 that is drafted before round 3. My point is that Linderbaum may be the best college OC but will his less than ideal size be an issue in the NFL.

I am probably overthinking this but when drafting a player in the top 10 he probably should not any physical limitations at the position he plays. Technique can be taught but if he is maxed out with his frame he may get washed out by bigger stronger NFL DT’s.  Linderbaum is most definitely a boom or bust player. 

7 minutes ago, xrade said:

Aside from maybe Haskell Garret, I don’t see any DT in the big 10 that is drafted before round 3. My point is that Linderbaum may be the best college OC but will his less than ideal size be an issue in the NFL.

I am probably overthinking this but when drafting a player in the top 10 he probably should not any physical limitations at the position he plays. Technique can be taught but if he is maxed out with his frame he may get washed out by bigger stronger NFL DT’s.  Linderbaum is most definitely a boom or bust player. 

I disagree. For me he’s probably actually the safest pick in the whole draft. So we have totally different viewpoints on him I guess.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

I disagree. For me he’s probably actually the safest pick in the whole draft. So we have totally different viewpoints on him I guess.

Again, I am probably overthinking it. Of course, all this may be moot if we get a FA OG. 

9 minutes ago, xrade said:

Creed Humphrey was taken in 2nd round.  He is easily stronger than Linderbaum.  LInderbaum did lose some strength battle with IDL but he recovered nicely most of time due to IDL's inability to finish off.  

Sound not good for 1st round label.   We have to wait and see what is his NFL combine result. 

4 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

We have to wait and see what is his NFL combine result. 

From what I have read, Linderbaum should blow away the NFL at the combine. He is strong for 285#, quick and has excellent technique. If he was 15-20 pounds heavier, he could be considered the perfect OC prospect.