2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

1 hour ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Please no. 

I moved from Queens to Tampa Bay Florida (Saint Petersburg) and that guy stinks. 

Career wise he's worse than even Jamal Adams in pass coverage within every single statistical category known to Safety mankind (hard to believe) but unlike #33 he's not able to rush the QB or tackle RBs behind the LOS; he's atrocious.

I'd 🤮 if I ever had to watch him in Green and White as a Jets Safety. 

Great!  I keep Whitehead. 🖕

Just kidding. I played many theories on FA and I guessed Jets ended up getting 3rd-5th best S signing in order to avoid drafting S in first 2 rounds.

Edited by JetsandI

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

WHY has all these so called draft experts like that phony Mel Kyper, have us drafting a safety with our first round pick. After us drafting Pryor, Adams, and Mayes, want no part of drafting another safety. The idea of that alone is just +++++++ nuts.

According to the entire league, we have a super talented DL and nothing in the secondary.

Meanwhile we have 3-4 young DBs who actually play hard and compete and have bums on the DL who show up when they want to.  I hope Saleh and JD don't feel the same way.

6 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

According to the entire league, we have a super talented DL and nothing in the secondary.

Meanwhile we have 3-4 young DBs who actually play hard and compete and have bums on the DL who show up when they want to.  I hope Saleh and JD don't feel the same way.

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

WHY has all these so called draft experts like that phony Mel Kyper, have us drafting a safety with our first round pick. After us drafting Pryor, Adams, and Mayes, want no part of drafting another safety. The idea of that alone is just +++++++ nuts.

Ya I think he’s being mocked to us strictly from a BPA standpoint. Which an average person doesn’t know our history with Ss. I just don’t think we value S a ton to use the 4th pick on a guy. Hamilton is a great talent. I won’t take that away from him. But he doesn’t play a premium position. Can’t spend a top 5 pick on non premium positions if we expect to rebuild this roster. 4 and 10 need be used on 2 or 3 positions. DE, OL and WR. Any other position and I won’t like the pick really. 

3 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Okay I think my new draft plan is.....

TE and S in Free Agency

4) Edge

10) Burks/WR

2a) RG

2b) TE/S depending on who is signed

3) LB

4a) TE/S

I think after the combine and pro days and FA, who will go 1-3 will shape out a bit more. So we will have a good idea what we can do at 4. If Thibs is there… it’s too good to pass up IMO. For me I’d rather us just draft Ikem and a WR at 10 (Burks, London or Williams I’d be happy with) and trade a 3rd for Hunter. Where edge isn’t a need for us for 2-3 years. And still able to go McBride and maybe Hill or Brisker in Round 2.

Thats a star DE, a star RG that can move to OT, a future #1 WR, a starting TE that can be a huge weapon and a starting S. To make 5 picks into 5 key starters would be great.

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I think after the combine and pro days and FA, who will go 1-3 will shape out a bit more. So we will have a good idea what we can do at 4. If Thibs is there… it’s too good to pass up IMO. For me I’d rather us just draft Ikem and a WR at 10 (Burks, London or Williams I’d be happy with) and trade a 3rd for Hunter. Where edge isn’t a need for us for 2-3 years. And still able to go McBride and maybe Hill or Brisker in Round 2.

Thats a star DE, a star RG that can move to OT, a future #1 WR, a starting TE that can be a huge weapon and a starting S. To make 5 picks into 5 key starters would be great.

If it only takes a 3rd to get Hunter then sign me up. I then use two picks to jump back up for a LB. 

12 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

If it only takes a 3rd to get Hunter then sign me up. I then use two picks to jump back up for a LB. 

I mean after a couple injured seasons and the money he’s due… don’t think they’re getting either high 2nd from us for him. Maybe we have to do like a 3rd and 5th but I don’t think we have to give up a top pick for him.

48 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Austin Corbett or James Daniels need to be the focus along with TE. DE and WR with our 1sts

I agree. But we very well might have eyes for a OG or C in Round 2-4. Resign LDT and have an open competition for RG. I mean Zion Johnson in Round 2 isn’t far fetched and he could start at RG for us. Have 2 young talented OGs with flexibility is great (AVT can play OG or OT and Zion can play OG or C)

With rumors of CAR maybe trading Robby… he says he has unfinished business here. For me I appreciate the 4 years he was here as an UDFA and big time exceeded expectations obviously. But I don’t want us to be in the market for a 29yr old WR that doesn’t fit our system.

43 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Vikings ain't selling Hunter cheap.   I can see Eagles getting Hunter.

I think they will settle for the value of like a late 2nd for him. So like I said maybe we offer our 3rd and a late rounder for him or a conditional 2023 pick for him. His value on the surface you’d think is high. Bc when he plays he’s a star and he’s still only 27. But MIN is 17mill over the cap and they’re changing to a 3-4. Hunter also missed all of 2020 and only played in like 7 games this last year. So his trade value is down after only plying a few games over the last 2 seasons, his cap number and MIN being over the cap.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

With rumors of CAR maybe trading Robby… he says he has unfinished business here. For me I appreciate the 4 years he was here as an UDFA and big time exceeded expectations obviously. But I don’t want us to be in the market for a 29yr old WR that doesn’t fit our system.

I really loved Robby Anderson and believe he'd become a superstar WR alongside of Zach Wilson's A+ rocket arm however I wouldn't be willing to trade draft capital for him because of his $16.8M cap hit + so many of 2022s draft class of WRs who I love.