2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

Don't look into anything until the pro-days start up. 

The offensive free agents/trade targets I'm interested in is Njoku/Shultz, Bars/Daniels, and Calvin Ridley/Metcalf

For defense, Danielle Hunter, Marcus Williams, Jabril Peppers, JC Jackson, J. Bates (if not tagged), Levi Wallace, and Anthony Barr (DE/OLB rotation). 

Who I want in the draft will depend on what moves we make leading to it. 

Perfect example yesterday of when I say when a team looks like they’re in cap issues and can magically get out and still make moves. Especially when you’re a competitive team and players wants to stay.

Kenny Clark (DT for GB) converted 13.6mill of his salary to his signing bonus and added 2 void years to his contract. Which created 10.5mill in cap for GB.

11 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

Don't look into anything until the pro-days start up. 

The offensive free agents/trade targets I'm interested in is Njoku/Shultz, Bars/Daniels, and Calvin Ridley/Metcalf

For defense, Danielle Hunter, Marcus Williams, Jabril Peppers, JC Jackson, J. Bates (if not tagged), Levi Wallace, and Anthony Barr (DE/OLB rotation). 

Who I want in the draft will depend on what moves we make leading to it. 

Barr can go F off after what he did to us last time. Plus he’s about to be 30. So even if he didn’t screw us over 3 years ago… I’d still not want him.

26 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Perfect example yesterday of when I say when a team looks like they’re in cap issues and can magically get out and still make moves. Especially when you’re a competitive team and players wants to stay.

Kenny Clark (DT for GB) converted 13.6mill of his salary to his signing bonus and added 2 void years to his contract. Which created 10.5mill in cap for GB.

This is true, but it will eventually catch up to GB.  NO played that game and now they can no longer push $ down the road.  Unless, of course, there is a massive cap increase.  It would suck for GB to push that money, sign Davante for big $ and lose Rodgers this year.

1 hour ago, xrade said:

This is true, but it will eventually catch up to GB.  NO played that game and now they can no longer push $ down the road.  Unless, of course, there is a massive cap increase.  It would suck for GB to push that money, sign Davante for big $ and lose Rodgers this year.

One year of sacrifice for New Orleans is worth it, they contended pretty much every year for the last 15. A one year reset isn't the worst thing in the world. 

5 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

They just have to eat the cap hit for this season. Who else is due an extension they’d have to pay? 

I don't see anyone worth that but a lot of restructures to be done which may continue filling out the future salary cap(s).   Plus, they don't have a real qb so their best shot at having qb is next year.

Easy 2 or 3 years.

Edit:  Cameron Jordan may have "retirement" fixed contract because he is the true Saint.

Edited by JetsandI

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Harold Landry is a guy I not only wanted us to draft and had no clue why he wasn’t drafted higher… but a guy if not tagged we should go after. 25yr old and 31 sacks in his 4 years.

Strong chance that he will be tagged.  Titans can cut Dupree after 2022.

1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

Someone I didn't think about is Connor Williams. A lot of cowboy fans are willing to let him walk. He had a bad year with Pentalies, but it seems to be his only one. Allowed 1 sack and is 24. Could be a steal if the penalities was a bad year. 

The penalties really scare me. They kill drives. I wouldn't dislike the signing at the right price but I feel like hes not exactly at the top of the list either. 

1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

Someone I didn't think about is Connor Williams. A lot of cowboy fans are willing to let him walk. He had a bad year with Pentalies, but it seems to be his only one. Allowed 1 sack and is 24. Could be a steal if the penalities was a bad year. 

Dunno. Maybe give him a look when FA slows down. For good price, I mean.

4 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

The penalties really scare me. They kill drives. I wouldn't dislike the signing at the right price but I feel like hes not exactly at the top of the list either. 

Same, but knowing he committed only 15 total the 3-4 seasons before last makes me feel like last year could have just been a down year. I'm not saying we should definitely sign him, but I'd be cool with it as well. 

4 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Dunno. Maybe give him a look when FA slows down. For good price, I mean.

I'm not sure if he will be there when things slow down. I'm interested in his price tag. Someone mentioned $13M and fans laughed. I'm comparing him to other potential 2nd & 3rd round picks in this draft. 

2 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Same, but knowing he committed only 15 total the 3-4 seasons before last makes me feel like last year could have just been a down year. I'm not saying we should definitely sign him, but I'd be cool with it as well. 

I'm not sure if he will be there when things slow down. I'm interested in his price tag. Someone mentioned $13M and fans laughed. I'm comparing him to other potential 2nd & 3rd round picks in this draft. 

Maybe because Cowboys' OL was hit with serious injuries and the chemistry was messy.   Diligence is required here.

I would take 3rd round OL instead.