Trade rumor/suggestion thread

resilient part 2

44 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Major Cavs shakeup

Cavs get: George Hill, Derrick Favors, Rodney Hood, Utah's 2018 first-round pick (protected Nos. 1-14 in 2018, Nos. 1-4 from 2019 to 2021, converts to UTA and WAS second-round picks in 2021 if not previously conveyed)

Jazz get: Kevin Love, Malachi Richardson, Derrick Rose

Kings get: Joe Johnson, Iman Shumpert, Miami's 2020 second-round pick (from CLE)

I saw this suggestion from Kevin Pelton.

why the heck would the jazz and kings do that?

37 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

why the heck would the jazz and kings do that?

Pelton's explanation:

For Utah, this deal consolidates expiring contracts into a better player than the Jazz could possibly hope to get using cap space this summer. That comes at the cost of a first-round pick, as well as whatever value Favors and Hood would hold in trades elsewhere, but I like the Love-Rudy Gobert frontcourt going forward. Sacramento makes more or less the same deal involving Hill that was previously rumored while finding a new home for Richardson without having to give up any draft picks.

The first round pick being added seems a little much, though.  It at least would need to be further protected in 2019-21.  But with it being lottery protected then they could tank this season to add another good piece next to Mitchell and Gobert instead of potentially being sacrificed by Golden State.  So getting a perfect fit next to Gobert for two expirings and a future first isn't too awful.

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

Major Cavs shakeup

Cavs get: George Hill, Derrick Favors, Rodney Hood, Utah's 2018 first-round pick (protected Nos. 1-14 in 2018, Nos. 1-4 from 2019 to 2021, converts to UTA and WAS second-round picks in 2021 if not previously conveyed)

Jazz get: Kevin Love, Malachi Richardson, Derrick Rose

Kings get: Joe Johnson, Iman Shumpert, Miami's 2020 second-round pick (from CLE)

I saw this suggestion from Kevin Pelton.

Jazz fans will get mad over losing the first round pick but this works just about all the way around. Gobert/Love/Mitchell are such nice building blocks... with Rubio/Ingles sprinkled in.

Clearly Cleveland is better.

Kings dump some cash, and gain a pick as a bottom 5 franchise, basically they need to collect as many darts as possible in each draft for their chance of landing a super star. .

1 minute ago, SimbaWho said:

Jazz fans will get mad over losing the first round pick but this works just about all the way around. Gobert/Love/Mitchell are such nice building blocks... with Rubio/Ingles sprinkled in.

They'd keep it this year.  They'd add another potential blue chip prospect this season (don't see how they make the playoffs with Love out and trading Favors and Hood) + get a healthy Love back for next season.  I think it'd be more fair with better protections, but I thought it was a mostly fair deal across the board and made sense for everyone.

5 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

They'd keep it this year.  They'd add another potential blue chip prospect this season (don't see how they make the playoffs with Love out and trading Favors and Hood) + get a healthy Love back for next season.  I think it'd be more fair with better protections, but I thought it was a mostly fair deal across the board and made sense for everyone.

Oh wow, Yeah you definitely do this trade if you are Utah. Like you said, attempt to draft another guy like Mitchell in the early teens. This year's draft could be easier to do in than others.

If anything it's the Kings that are holding this deal off trying to get a better deal for George Hill straight up with Cleveland likely wanting at least they're original 1st round pick.

3 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Kevin Love is broken goods. Dude is a beat down dog. 

What the heck are you talking about? 18ppg/9rbpg .400 from 3PT. On a team where he moved to Center at times...

When Cleveland was 24-6 or whatever, he was EASILY the 2nd best player without much argument.

1 minute ago, SimbaWho said:

What the heck are you talking about? 18ppg/9rbpg .400 from 3PT. On a team where he moved to Center at times...

Fake numbers. You act like he could avg more in Utah. Utah doesn't even need him and he'll probably be a 15-8- guy with them.

The days of Love being a #1 option are gone. 

4 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Fake numbers. You act like he could avg more in Utah. Utah doesn't even need him and he'll probably be a 15-8- guy with them.

The days of Love being a #1 option are gone. 

Yeah, but he's still good though. 

7 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Fake numbers. You act like he could avg more in Utah. Utah doesn't even need him and he'll probably be a 15-8- guy. 

I'm acting like he'd do the same thing since those are basically his career averages I mentioned except the 3pt, but he's still a historically good 3pt shooter just not .400 which is really good.

Him being added to Utah will make Donovan Mitchell better and Ruby Gobert. Kevin Love is better than Derrick Favors in a lot of area's except defense and lowpost scoring(possibly), and Utah needs a big that can spread the floor out and play consistent minutes. Wide open spaces for Donovan Mitchell is proving to be dangerous! He's looking like Dwayne Wade with shot imo.

Just now, SimbaWho said:

I'm acting like he'd do the same thing since those are basically his career averages I mentioned except the 3pt, but he's still a historically good 3pt shooter just not .400 which is really good.

Him being added to Utah will make Donovan Mitchell better and Ruby Gobert. Kevin Love is better than Derrick Favors in a lot of area's except defense and lowpost scoring(possibly), and Utah needs a big that can spread the floor out and play consistent minutes. Wide open spaces for Donovan Mitchell is proving to be dangerous!

How would he make them better when he's always hurt? 

About to be on the wrongside of 30 and eat up massive amount of cap space?

No one wants him or wanted him. Even the Pacers said no to him for PG. 

6 minutes ago, El ramster said:

How would he make them better when he's always hurt? 

About to be on the wrongside of 30 and eat up massive amount of cap space?

No one wants him or wanted him. Even the Pacers said no to him for PG. 

that deal was actually the nuggets getting Love and the Pacers getting Harris. Thank god the Pacers pulled the plug on that one at the last minute.

Love would be a great fit on the Jazz. He's not like a cornerstone piece, but he'd be a nice player on that deal in a smaller market. 

Archived