Trade rumor/suggestion thread

resilient part 2

1 minute ago, MookieMonster said:

So what you're saying is...He can attack and finish at the rim and essentially does everything well offensively but in the same breath saying he can only shoot 3s.

giphy.gif

Can you not read? I said he's average at creating for others and and as a ball handler. The player you're describing is Kawhi Leonard. Do you understand that? Do you think Jaylen Brown can be as good as Kawhi Leonard?

Just now, MookieMonster said:

That deal is less about Terry Rozier and more about the two lottery picks. Rozier is just our best moveable trade asset.

And I'm telling you a rebuilding team isn't falling out of the top 5 (and first round) for a guard on a 1 year deal and two future picks, even if 27 were to be involved. Rozier isn't even remotely enough of a current asset to get me to fall out of the top 5.

Just now, utley4568 said:

Can you not read? I said he's average at creating for others and and as a ball handler. The player you're describing is Kawhi Leonard. Do you understand that? Do you think Jaylen Brown can be as good as Kawhi Leonard?

How am I describing Kawhi Leonard?????

I didn't say Jaylen Brown was going to be a 25 PPG scorer and play DPOY level defense.

What I'm arguing is the LAUGHABLE take that you have of his ceiling being a 3/D guy. A guy who shoots 3s on offense and does nothing else and then plays good defense. Jaylen Brown makes great cuts, plays within the offense, can attack the rim and finish, has a pull up game and can hit 3s.

Thats not a freaking 3/D guy. He has a well rounded offensive game.

3 minutes ago, utley4568 said:

He hasn't. He's shown average vision and passing, dating back to his Wheeler days, his u18 days, and back at Cal. He's never going to be LeBron or Kawhi. He's a 3-and-D guy. It is what it is. He's just an elite one because he can attack a closeout and moves really well off ball.

How many people thought Kawhi would be Kawhi when he was drafted? IIRC, he was not a good shooter coming out.

Just now, bkobow05 said:

And I'm telling you a rebuilding team isn't falling out of the top 5 (and first round) for a guard on a 1 year deal and two future picks, even if 27 were to be involved. Rozier isn't even remotely enough of a current asset to get me to fall out of the top 5.

Okay, so that starts talks and we figure it out. My main point is that the Celtics aren't moving Jaylen Brown for a top 5 pick.

Just now, MookieMonster said:

Okay, so that starts talks and we figure it out. My main point is that the Celtics aren't moving Jaylen Brown for a top 5 pick.

And teams picking in the top 5 would demand him. So, more or less, Boston isn't getting into the top 5. If your hope is to use Rozier, you can't reasonably expect to target Mo Bamba. Your big man target, with Rozier as the trade asset, is Robert Williams.

1 minute ago, MookieMonster said:

How am I describing Kawhi Leonard?????

I didn't say Jaylen Brown was going to be a 25 PPG scorer and play DPOY level defense.

What I'm arguing is the LAUGHABLE take that you have of his ceiling being a 3/D guy. A guy who shoots 3s on offense and does nothing else and then plays good defense. Jaylen Brown makes great cuts, plays within the offense, can attack the rim and finish, has a pull up game and can hit 3s.

Thats not a freaking 3/D guy. He has a well rounded offensive game.

No, that's an elite 3-and-D guy. It's literally how our FO describes it, minus the pull-up game, which is average, so it's not really a part of his package anyways.

44 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

Not worth gambling a top 5 pick on something he could "probably" get. I'd rather keep the pick and pay Patrick Beverley significantly less to do the same thing.

If it gets us out of Parsons then I'd consider it.  Knowing Memphis could get 1 of Doncic, JJJr, or Porter is the only thing holding the deal up.  I'd rather have that package (Rozier, 2019 Sacramento 1st, 2019 Memphis 1st, get rid of Parsons), than Bamba, Bagley III, or anyone outside of the top 4.

3 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

If it gets us out of Parsons then I'd consider it.  Knowing Memphis could get 1 of Doncic, JJJr, or Porter is the only thing holding the deal up.  I'd rather have that package (Rozier, 2019 Sacramento 1st, 2019 Memphis 1st, get rid of Parsons), than Bamba, Bagley III, or anyone outside of the top 4.

Any particular reasoning as to why you're so adamant about getting out from under Parsons's deal? You're not up against the luxury tax threshold, you're not competing for anything and you've already got two massive contracts on the books anyways. It's over in 2 seasons. There's literally no rush on Memphis' end here.

1 hour ago, MookieMonster said:

What about Mo Bamba is unique? No way is Boston adding to Jaylen Brown. I wouldn't even move Jaylen Brown for Mo Bamba.

I'd do Terry+Kings pick+Mem pick.

You mean besides having a nearly 8' wingspan/10' standing reach, with plus athleticism and generally just being quite literally a physical unicorn, with a developing jumpshot? 

That's fine, I get it, I wouldn't be all that excited about getting rid of him either but Boston's not getting a top 5 pick without him. 

Archived