Trade rumor/suggestion thread

resilient part 2

53 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Cowherd broke today that 4 entertainment industry sources report that Lebron is in fact going to LAL and PG3 will join him. All could/should be skeptical of that type of report, but let's act under the idea that it's true. Zo-PG3-Kuzma-Lebron-Ingram bench of Randle, Hart, Caldwell-Pope.

Does that top 8 stay in tact or do they make some moves to add more vets/shooters to the mix? Ingram or Kuzma could fetch a top vet.

No way that top 8 stays intact. LeBron isn't going to wait for all of them to mature.

Deng, Lonzo, and whoever they pick at #25 for Kemba and Marvin Williams.

Ingram/Kuzma and future 1st for another established player.

27 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Have Lebron sign a 1 and 1 deal. Trade Ingram and future #1's for KAT.

Zo-PG3-Kuzma-Lebron-KAT

I HIGHLY doubt that's enough to get KAT. And I think the rumors of Minnesota trying to move him are greatly exaggerated, but I do agree there is certainly a void there for a more traditional big man in the Lakers lineup. That is, unless you trust Zubac to fill that void and split time with guys like Kuzma and LeBron at the 5 in more small-ball lineups. I think if LeBron and PG13 do end up in LA, they will still need to move some assets like Ingram in order to build up the rest of the roster. I don't know how keen Memphis is with the 4th overall selection and/or retaining Gasol, but I think a trade that could work out for both parties is:

Lakers Trades:

Brandon Ingram
Luol Deng
2018 25th Overall Pick

Memphis Trades:

Marc Gasol
2018 4th Overall Pick

Lakers end up taking whichever big man falls to them at that point, potentially Bamba.

Lonzo/Ennis
PG13/Hart
LeBron/Mbah a Moute (MLE)
Kuzma/Frye (Vet Minimum)
Gasol/Bamba/Zubac

That should be enough to beat the Warriors.

@RavensTillIDie what is Memphis getting that's worth the #4 pick?  They don't even get to cut cap in that scenario as they have to take on the Luol Deng contract.

How about this one, if LeBron stays obviously.

Memphis gets:

Tristan Thompson

George Hill

Jordan Clarkson

Cleveland gets:

Marc Gasol

Mike Conley

Memphis ends up being able to pick at #4 and #8 to start their rebuild, all 3 players have the same number of years as Gasol left on their contracts and one less than Conley.  The Cavs get two vets capable of helping them win it all if healthy.

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

No way that top 8 stays intact. LeBron isn't going to wait for all of them to mature.

Deng, Lonzo, and whoever they pick at #25 for Kemba and Marvin Williams.

Ingram/Kuzma and future 1st for another established player.

First off, I don't think the Lakers would do that deal.  Secondly, call me crazy but I think LeBron would rather play with Lonzo than Kemba.

2 hours ago, Raves said:

@RavensTillIDie what is Memphis getting that's worth the #4 pick?  They don't even get to cut cap in that scenario as they have to take on the Luol Deng contract.

How about this one, if LeBron stays obviously.

Memphis gets:

Tristan Thompson

George Hill

Jordan Clarkson

Cleveland gets:

Marc Gasol

Mike Conley

Memphis ends up being able to pick at #4 and #8 to start their rebuild, all 3 players have the same number of years as Gasol left on their contracts and one less than Conley.  The Cavs get two vets capable of helping them win it all if healthy.

I demand Cedi and Clarkson going to a 3rd team.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

First off, I don't think the Lakers would do that deal.  Secondly, call me crazy but I think LeBron would rather play with Lonzo than Kemba.

Just Deng and Lonzo then.

And that's a hot take.  Kemba is much better than Ball and he doesn't have to deal with LaVar.

If Lebron does end up leaving, I am guessing Cleveland would/should try to move Love. What team could actually trade for him? I am guessing a team would have to have a good shot blocking center. Utah? Miami? With his contract, don't even think there is a trade out there.

1 hour ago, resilient part 2 said:

If Lebron does end up leaving, I am guessing Cleveland would/should try to move Love. What team could actually trade for him? I am guessing a team would have to have a good shot blocking center. Utah? Miami? With his contract, don't even think there is a trade out there.

I think Utah is probably the best option for him but it would require trading Ingles and Crowder cap wise then probably need to throw in a pick or two.  I also do think the Cavs look to move him.  Another spot he might work could be Philly, but that would likely require a trade of Covington for cap reasons and likely a pick as well though the #10 pick obviously is too high, but the #26 pick is too low, maybe the #26 and a 2019 1st top 20 protected.  Though with nearly $30 million in cap space they might look to bring in PG/Leonard instead through a trade though that would require them to use a lot more assets.

3 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

I demand Cedi and Clarkson going to a 3rd team.

I wouldn't be opposed to adding in Cedi at that point if the Cavs were looking for one more run, though I'd prefer them to just look to rebuild and let LeBron take his talents elsewhere as I think this team has some solid players that would perform better without LeBron, but I doubt you could find another team for Clarkson, though with only 3 years on his contract it's not that bad.  Well 2 I think after this year.

15 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Just Deng and Lonzo then.

And that's a hot take.  Kemba is much better than Ball and he doesn't have to deal with LaVar.

Oh I'm aware it's a hot take.  But go compare Kemba's rookie shooting stats to Lonzo's shooting stats.  It doesn't take a big imagination to believe that Lonzo can improve his shooting to current-level Kemba shooting.  But Lonzo is a better passer, rebounder, and defender than Kemba.  And his usage rate is significantly lower than Lonzo.  The whole LaVar thing is a joke, and LeBron would be a not nice word if he was afraid of him.

Utah receives: 

• Kevin Love

Cleveland receives

• Zach Randolph 

• Buddy Hield 

• Tony Bradley

• 21st overall pick 

Sacramento receives

• Alec Burks

• Jae Crowder

• Utah 2020 1st round pick 

Rational: Utah receives the third piece that they desperately need to try and make a run at Houston and Golden State. Cleveland receives an expiring deal in Randolph they can move at the deadline, two young players to assist in the rebuild, and an additional first round pick this year. Sacramento adds a future first round pick, a solid veteran forward in Crowder, an expiring deal in Burks, and adds another draft asset. 

On 6/6/2018 at 11:43 PM, sunnygsm said:

I wonder if Pop could make LeBron better? Seeing him under a competent coach would be interesting. 

I was just posting about this. IF he was to go west, I think Pop is the guy. Leonard staying, Lebron and Ald would be tough to beat. 

here is a thought. If the Lakers were able to lure CP3 to join Lebron in LA, it would actually free the rockets up for a run at Paul George. We would only need to trade away Ryan Anderson to be able to sign him outright, and easily keep Capela. In that set up, you give 2 or 3 or however many 1st round picks you need to get rid of Anderson. Rockets would have a starting 5 of 

Harden/Gordon/PG/Tucker/Capela we would then have to fill the rest of the roster with young guys and vet minimum deals. Offer Ariza the MLE and let him start with Gordon on the bench. 

I would actually prefer this team to what we had last year. CP3 was such a perfect fit for what we needed, but with his age and injury history, I would rather have PG as my 2nd star moving forward over the next 3 or 4 years. 

On 6/6/2018 at 3:56 PM, RavensTillIDie said:

I HIGHLY doubt that's enough to get KAT. And I think the rumors of Minnesota trying to move him are greatly exaggerated, but I do agree there is certainly a void there for a more traditional big man in the Lakers lineup. That is, unless you trust Zubac to fill that void and split time with guys like Kuzma and LeBron at the 5 in more small-ball lineups. I think if LeBron and PG13 do end up in LA, they will still need to move some assets like Ingram in order to build up the rest of the roster. I don't know how keen Memphis is with the 4th overall selection and/or retaining Gasol, but I think a trade that could work out for both parties is:

Lakers Trades:

Brandon Ingram
Luol Deng
2018 25th Overall Pick

Memphis Trades:

Marc Gasol
2018 4th Overall Pick

Lakers end up taking whichever big man falls to them at that point, potentially Bamba.

Lonzo/Ennis
PG13/Hart
LeBron/Mbah a Moute (MLE)
Kuzma/Frye (Vet Minimum)
Gasol/Bamba/Zubac

That should be enough to beat the Warriors.

I dont think the lakers can do this within the salary cap. They would have to sign both PG and Lebron before making the trade for Gasol. Keeping Ball, Ennis, Hart, Kuzma and Zubac make it impossible for them to get the 65 million needed to sign both Lebron and PG. they have to either stretch waive deng or trade him first, but if they bring back Gasols salary, they cant sign the other two.Also the number 4 pick carries with it a cap hit of a few million as well. I havent sat down and ran all the numbers but assuming the Lakers agree to the trade during the draft....which its a bad bad bad trade for memphis to begin with, so good luck with that....

the lakers would have a roster of Gasol, pick 4, Ball, Kuzma, Hart, Ennis and Zubac. That is a salary number of 41.8 million, plus minimum roster holds. That means you cant sign both Lebron and PG to 65 million in max deals. Get rid of Hart, Ennis and Zubac and for just Gasol, Pick 4, Ball and Kuzma you are looking at 37 million in salary and about 6.6 million in minimum slot cap holds. thats still not enough room for 65 million in new salaries. 

If the Lakers were to only have Deng, Ingram, Kuzma and Ball on the roster, that is a cap hit of 32.7 million, plus 6.6 in cap holds, putting them at over 39 million, once again not enough for 65 million in new salary. Bottom line is this, the lakers have to either trade Ingram or Ball for nothing or stretch waive or trade deng for nothing in order to get down to the magic number required for PG and Lebron both. 

Its nearly impossible to get something of value with Dengs contract while also signing 2 max free agent guys. especially this trade, which is insane in valuing Ingram at the same level as Gasol and the 4th pick in a loaded class. the 25th overall pick is about fair market value for trading Dengs deal. 

Archived