Trade rumor/suggestion thread

resilient part 2

6 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Why would the Grizzlies give up the 4th pick for that? 

Two lotto picks, Harris helps them win now with Conley and Gasol. Gets them out of that parsons deal. I’d do it unless I was either in love with someone at 4 or was planning to trade Conley/Gasol and go into tank mode. 

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Two lotto picks, Harris helps them win now with Conley and Gasol. Gets them out of that parsons deal. I’d do it unless I was either in love with someone at 4 or was planning to trade Conley/Gasol and go into tank mode. 

I think it's a decent trade even if they intend on moving Gasol and Conley. Harris is young enough to keep and build around, or hell, they can trade him to a third team and get another draft pick out of it. 

11 hours ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

Portland gets Love, George Hill (only guaranteed 1 mil after next season so essentially an expiring contract), #8 pick

Cleveland gets McCollum, Harkless, Leonard, #24 pick

Does moving up into the Lottery and getting rid of a couple contracts get it done? Does Cleveland looking to make a deal for Kemba cost less than making a deal for McCollum? 

think that's a really good deal for Portland tbh. I love Love next to Nurkic and as the 2nd option to Dame, Hill's a great veteran presence and (these playoffs notwithstanding) a really solid player who should fit well with our team, and we could get a real good prospect with that #8 pick. not to mention moving Leonard's deal.

Would actually be pretty stoked if it went down like that.

2 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

think that's a really good deal for Portland tbh. I love Love next to Nurkic and as the 2nd option to Dame, Hill's a great veteran presence and (these playoffs notwithstanding) a really solid player who should fit well with our team, and we could get a real good prospect with that #8 pick. not to mention moving Leonard's deal.

Would actually be pretty stoked if it went down like that.

I'm not sure what Love's competition would be in the trade market, I just really think his fit is perfect in Portland. He gets to go back "home" in a sense. He shoots very well, and rebounds well still. Honestly in another page I did a separate trade with him going to Portland that kept McCollum there. It was Love for Aminu, Harkless, Layman, #24 and a future 1st. I like what we would be getting back defensively from Aminu and Harkless, picks would become assets in future moves for us, and Portland having Lillard, CJ, Love and Nurkic would be a great group of starting players. 

10 hours ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

I think it's a decent trade even if they intend on moving Gasol and Conley. Harris is young enough to keep and build around, or hell, they can trade him to a third team and get another draft pick out of it. 

they could probably move Conley and Gasol in a deal with Cleveland and get the 8th overall pick. They would have to take on some of clevelands bad deals, but if they are tanking anyways. They would get 3 lotto picks to do it with if they made the 2 trades. 

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

they could probably move Conley and Gasol in a deal with Cleveland and get the 8th overall pick. They would have to take on some of clevelands bad deals, but if they are tanking anyways. They would get 3 lotto picks to do it with if they made the 2 trades. 

Memphis isn't trading those 2.

19 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Why would the Grizzlies give up the 4th pick for that? 

Pretty much what Pastor said.  Get better now while saving money and still have 2 lottery picks to fill out rotation/get lucky and add a building block.

Adding Tobias and some combination of SGA/Huerter/Bridges/Williams/Knox would be a good way to continue making the playoffs and getting younger.

However...it would suck to lose out on Doncic, Porter Jr., or JJJr.

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

Memphis isn't trading those 2.

The stipulation was them wanting to rebuild and start over.  A trade of Gasol/Conley/Parsons for #8/Hill/JR/Clarkson/TT would cut 13 million from the books immediately, JR and Hill are virtually expiring contracts as they have a total of about 5 million guaranteed after next year.

Once again, that's only if the Grizzlies are wanting to completely tear it down and start from scratch.  Having 2 top 8 picks in this draft would be a very good starting point.

Rockets trade Gordon, Nene, Anderson, Tucker, Jackson, Zhou, 2 unprotected 1sts, 2 unprotected 2nds, rights to any of our over seas guys like Gentile, Lull that they might want

Cavs trade Lebron, George Hill

Lebron opts in. Cavs can flip Gordon and Tucker now or at the deadline for probably a 1st round pick each, based on recent history, to teams making a playoff push. Anderson makes almost the exact same as Hill so it doesnt hurt them for tax purposes next year. They would basically be getting 4 draft picks, plus whatever Gordon and Tucker can fetch for helping facilitate the trade and taking 1 year of Andersons deal, which will come in a year they will be under the cap floor anyways. 

If the flip Tucker and Gordon, I think they would be out of the tax next season as well. Thats a huge cap savings plus up to 6 draft picks for doing Lebron right and taking a 21 million hit on Anderson....Rockets can throw in the max amount of cash that can be used in a trade. 

Rockets can role out the most expensive roster in the league but have a starting 5 of Cp3/Harden/Ariza/Lebron/Capela with Hill, a 5 million MLE and vet mins off the bench.

#championship

I don't think that trade with the Rockets make sense for the Cavs/Gilbert.  Gilbert saves $100 million this year simply by letting LeBron walks.  Any S&T involving LeBron would need to make it worthwhile for him to pay $100 million in repeater tax.  I really don't think flipping those other contracts for 0 money back is going to happen easily at all.

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

Pretty much what Pastor said.  Get better now while saving money and still have 2 lottery picks to fill out rotation/get lucky and add a building block.

Adding Tobias and some combination of SGA/Huerter/Bridges/Williams/Knox would be a good way to continue making the playoffs and getting younger.

However...it would suck to lose out on Doncic, Porter Jr., or JJJr.

But it makes no sense. You don't pass on the opportunity to get a premium player in the draft for some solid role players. Go get potentially the future of the franchise with the 4th pick and go from there. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

But it makes no sense. You don't pass on the opportunity to get a premium player in the draft for some solid role players. Go get potentially the future of the franchise with the 4th pick and go from there. 

It depends on whether they are in love with a guy at 4, or would they rather get a Robert Williams/Alexander duo make them more comfortable. teams with good scouting can hit on late Lotto picks. If they see a franchise guy at 4, then you dont trade out of it. 

Archived