Draft question for Raider's fans:

Suffering_Bills

4 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

So have CBs, on and off the field. 

If forced to take one or the other, I'm taking the need. 

There's no such thing as a surefire pick, but the likelihood that Davis is better than what we currently have on the DL is greater than the likelihood that Elam is better than Mullen, Hobbs, or Facyson. 

Davis is a better pass rusher than those guys right now?

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Davis is a better pass rusher than those guys right now?

"but the likelihood that Davis is better than what we currently have on the DL is greater than the likelihood that Elam is better than Mullen, Hobbs, or Facyson. "

At DT, overall, I would wager Davis is a better DT than what we have. 

A CB, I'm not so sure. 

23 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

My problem with Jordan Davis is that he's not who everyone thinks he is. He has 1st round flashes, but he also has bad conditioning and takes a lot of plays off. Elam is not a need, but is a safer player by a lot IMO. 

Thank you!  People are misunderstanding who Davis is in terms of play.  But I just don’t trust Florida CBs.

CJ Henderson and Vernon Hargreaves before him.  Add in the fact that Elam struggled this year.

I think picking between those two would be a worst case scenario, or close to it, IMO.

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

Thank you!  People are misunderstanding who Davis is in terms of play.  But I just don’t trust Florida CBs.

CJ Henderson and Vernon Hargreaves before him.  Add in the fact that Elam struggled this year.

I think picking between those two would be a worst case scenario, or close to it, IMO.

I really like Elam. Honestly. Maybe the school is a red flag but I don't see it. He does everything well to me. Including tackle.

47 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I really like Elam. Honestly. Maybe the school is a red flag but I don't see it. He does everything well to me. Including tackle.

I liked him a lot prior to this year… but he struggled.  Im Not saying I dislike him, just that I have concerns I’d need to check out on tape.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I disagree. Davis was the main reason UGA had one of the greatest defenses in CFB history this year.

Guy who plays less than 40% of snaps ain't the reason, he wasn't even their best D-Line. Possibly not even the 2nd best. He played his role well, will be out leveraged & gassed constantly in the NFL. Not a 1st round pick 

Just now, Jraider91 said:

Guy who plays less than 40% of snaps ain't the reason, he wasn't even their best D-Line. Possibly not even the 2nd best. He played his role well, will be out leveraged & gassed constantly in the NFL. Not a 1st round pick 

Georgia with Davis on the field: 2.7 yards per play, 3.5 ypc, 40% QB hit rate

Georgia with Davis off the field: 4.1 yards per play, 5.9 ypc, 34% QB hit rate

There's a reason that he got some Heisman hype and won the best DL award this season. He needs to get his conditioning under control but if he can do that he's going to be a good player, just won't ever be a great pass rusher.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Georgia with Davis on the field: 2.7 yards per play, 3.5 ypc, 40% QB hit rate

Georgia with Davis off the field: 4.1 yards per play, 5.9 ypc, 34% QB hit rate

There's a reason that he got some Heisman hype and won the best DL award this season. He needs to get his conditioning under control but if he can do that he's going to be a good player, just won't ever be a great pass rusher.

Yeah, when you aren't on the field on passing downs the YPP go up. 7 pressures all year is pretty woeful, Vita Vea was a much better pass rusher in college. He'll be a good player but you can get run stuffers later on. Nakobe Dean was their best player overall on D, Wyatt contributed more overall on D-Line. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jraider91 said:

Yeah, when you aren't on the field on passing downs the YPP go up. 7 pressures all year is pretty woeful, Vita Vea was a much better pass rusher in college. He'll be a good player but you can get run stuffers later on. Nakobe Dean was their best player overall on D, Wyatt contributed more overall on D-Line. 

I agree though that his skill-set is pretty limited from a pass rushing perspective and if his conditioning isn't on point he's going to have a hard time staying on the field. I also think that his weight could lead to some injury issues down the road. I personally don't want Davis or Elam in the first round but would probably lean Davis if those were our two options. I like Travis Jones in round 2/3 or BJ Hill in free agency more though.

• Like 1