Draft question for Raider's fans:

Suffering_Bills

4 hours ago, IdigtheRaiders! said:

Games are won in the trenches, so Davis for me. Has some questions about his cardio and stamina, but the way he collapses the pocket is exactly the kind of complimentary piece we need to pair with Yannick and Maxx.

My problem with Jordan Davis is that he's not who everyone thinks he is. He has 1st round flashes, but he also has bad conditioning and takes a lot of plays off. Elam is not a need, but is a safer player by a lot IMO. 

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

My problem with Jordan Davis is that he's not who everyone thinks he is. He has 1st round flashes, but he also has bad conditioning and takes a lot of plays off. Elam is not a need, but is a safer player by a lot IMO. 

Disagree.  We play zone... zone corners are literally everywhere.  I would argue that the more talent you put around Maxx and Yannick the better they produce.  We have 3 dead guys and a coke machine at DT RN.  

EDIT:  Just to be clear, I don't disagree with your opinion about CB being of more value.  I disagree with the choice given the system we run.  And to be honest, he would be just as big of an impact if we switch to a 3-4 as he would if we stayed in a 4-3/5-2 WTF ever we run.  IMO

Edited by Totty

55 minutes ago, Totty said:

Disagree.  We play zone... zone corners are literally everywhere.  I would argue that the more talent you put around Maxx and Yannick the better they produce.  We have 3 dead guys and a coke machine at DT RN.  

EDIT:  Just to be clear, I don't disagree with your opinion about CB being of more value.  I disagree with the choice given the system we run.  And to be honest, he would be just as big of an impact if we switch to a 3-4 as he would if we stayed in a 4-3/5-2 WTF ever we run.  IMO

I’d rather have a dt too. But I’m not 100% sold on Davis. I need to watch the dt class more.

2 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Davis. 

I think our DBs are solid. 

I'm not sold on our interior D-line. 

We've been adequate at plugging holes in the secondary as of late. We need someone to anchor the DL. Bad. 

You think his fitness/conditioning isn't an issue? I don't want to draft a 2 down player and some of the big DT's have been hit or miss as of late.

5 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

You think his fitness/conditioning isn't an issue? I don't want to draft a 2 down player and some of the big DT's have been hit or miss as of late.

So have CBs, on and off the field. 

If forced to take one or the other, I'm taking the need. 

There's no such thing as a surefire pick, but the likelihood that Davis is better than what we currently have on the DL is greater than the likelihood that Elam is better than Mullen, Hobbs, or Facyson. 

• Like 1

If we were talking Gardner or Davis I would go with Gardner.  I have not studied Elam much so this opinion is based off of he the little I know about him.  

Davis is a two down, run stuffing NT who averages 1.5 sacks a season and as @MrOaktown_56 points out has condensing issues which is to be expected considering Davis most likely plays at around 380.  

In any situation I would take the CB based on positional value and if that Cb projects as a number 1 but I don't know if Elam is that player.  In the 1st round we are looking for impact, stud players.  If Elam turn out to be a number 2 CB in the mold of Mullin I would take Davis.  If Elam turn out to be a shutdown number 1 I would take Elam.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz