NFC Wildcard GDT: #6 San Francisco at #3 Dallas

Broncofan

Who wins today?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the winner!

39 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

Not necessarily, no. But jumping on top of Dak Prescott wasn’t great, either. Still think there needs to be a better system in place… because it just should not have taken that long.

What are you asking/ proposing the ref should have done?

You want him their quicker, yet don't want him to take the quickest / straight line route to get there?

I was seriously surprised they didn’t get the play off, even having seen that situation a thousand times. Just a bizarre sequence of events.

Regardless, I’m letting it be. I know people are going to stick with what they believe, and I don’t really care to debate the point when there is no part of me that strongly thinks that Dallas would have scored, anyway.

Dallas had 2nd and 1 from the SF 41 with 14 seconds.  Time for 2 shots to the endzone.

Heard this morning on either ESPN or NFL network radio that % chance of success on "hail mary" throws

from 40-50 yards is 11%

from 20-30 yards is 11%

If the above is accurate ( no idea if true), gaining the 15 ish yards does nothing to improve chance to win the game.

• Like 1

Ah that explains why I had to repeat myself. Anyway, you can have that opinion if you want… I just don’t care to think about it in such simplicity. I can say on one hand I wish the team had gone about it differently while still wishing the official perhaps had handled it a little differently as well. You can do both.

That said, and I said this to another poster, I don’t really care to keep going back and forth about this when I’m not especially sold on the fact that Dallas would have had a solid chance of scoring regardless… especially in consideration to how that game played out in general.

How should the official have done it differently?  You keep saying this but offer no idea as to what the ref should have done.  

-- go around the OL?

-- tap Dak on the shoulder and say "pardon me, I need yo do my job and spot the ball"?

-- hurdle the players?

-- crawl under the OL?

1 hour ago, NoFlyZone said:

It’s baseless when the vast majority of the NFL fan base hates the Dallas Cowboys and is extremely vocal about it. The absolute delight so very many people take in seeing the team fail is pretty pathetic stuff. People act like the Cowboys organization itself does a lot of chest pounding and hyping itself up when it really does not. I don’t feel that they do anything to warrant the hate, but people decide to hate anyway because they apparently don’t have other sources of joy in life.

Billy Crystal Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Billy Crystal Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

I was literally just responding to a claim that Dallas fans were chest pounding and acting like their team was going to win the super bowl. Seems worth explaining that general take is not accurate… though I’m sure people are going to be stupid about it regardless (actually, I’m certain they will be because that’s par for the course with the average football fan).

I just find the hate hilariously pathetic. No tears here. Most fans aren’t going to be seeing their team play again until next season, too… which I’m sure is why they sadly need to be over invested in the success of the Dallas Cowboys regardless of the fact that they don’t even follow the team. Again, it’s a little pathetic.

Edited by NoFlyZone

1 hour ago, NoFlyZone said:

Ah that explains why I had to repeat myself. Anyway, you can have that opinion if you want… I just don’t care to think about it in such simplicity. I can say on one hand I wish the team had gone about it differently while still wishing the official perhaps had handled it a little differently as well. You can do both.

That said, and I said this to another poster, I don’t really care to keep going back and forth about this when I’m not especially sold on the fact that Dallas would have had a solid chance of scoring regardless… especially in consideration to how that game played out in general.

Imagine if this was any team you weren't particularly biased towards or if your emotions weren't so raw.

• The ball was placed almost 2 full yards from where it was supposed to be.
  • The players never gave the ball to the one person that "sets the ball in for play".
  • The entire offensive line and Dak were in between the ref and the ball.
  • The ref "gave" them a chance to snap it by illegally placing the ball 1 yard away from where it was supposed to be.
  • There were at least 3 players not set for a full second prior to the snap

No matter how many times we go over this, the ref did everything he could to give you guys a chance to snap it. The playcall was bad. The execution was bad. The excuses for both are horrific and defending fans throwing **** at refs (who actually called a good game) is inexcusable. Maybe in the future, they won't run a QB run to the middle of the field with no timeouts and the clock running down.

• Like 2

Just now, NoFlyZone said:

I was literally just responding to a claim that Dallas fans were chest pounding and acting like their team was going to win the super bowl. Seems worth explaining that general take is not accurate… though I’m sure people are going to be stupid about it regardless (actually, I’m certain they will be because that’s par for the course with the average football fan).

It's cool man. I get fired up about my team too. The good thing is, you have a full off-season now to defend your position on this.

1 minute ago, Slappy Mc said:

It's cool man. I get fired up about my team too. The good thing is, you have a full off-season now to defend your position on this.

Haha I don’t know man, I’m already kind of over it already. Not gonna die on a hill about this. I can maybe go back and touch on your other post later when I have the time, but it’s kind of whatever to me. I actually don’t even feel that I care THAT much when I don’t even necessarily feel that Dallas had a good chance of scoring, anyway. I figured the game was over before that drive even transpired. 

Edited by NoFlyZone

Lost a lot of respect for Dallas players after listening to their postgame interviews. No accountability at all. Blaming the refs when they are the most penalized team in the league 2 years in a row. I liked Dak a lot before I heard him after that game. Praising the fans for throwing trash at the refs is bush league stuff.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Lost a lot of respect for Dallas players after listening to their postgame interviews. No accountability at all. Blaming the refs when they are the most penalized team in the league 2 years in a row. I liked Dak a lot before I heard him after that game. Praising the fans for throwing trash at the refs is bush league stuff.

To be honest, with the way those guys are consistently dragged by the media and fans of other teams year in and year out I don’t blame them for having a little bite to them.

Think there is some serious pearl clutching going on here. It’s really not that serious or that much of a big deal.

Edited by NoFlyZone

15 hours ago, JiffyJag said:

Potentially hot take here: I actually do not want people to throw objects at the refs, even if they make bad calls sometimes (and in this case didn't even do that....so Dak doesn't even have any angle here at all)

Yup. Boo the refs. But don’t throw things. What is wrong with some people?

To be honest, with the way those guys are consistently dragged by the media and fans of other teams year in and year out I don’t blame them for having a little bite to them.

Think there is some serious pearl clutching going on here. It’s really not that serious or that much of a big deal.

Gotta be able to handle the scrutiny. They want all the perks of being on Americas Team without any of the drawbacks. Is it a big deal? Not really, but it shows their true character. No accountability whatsoever, its always somebody elses fault. 

Haha I don’t know man, I’m already kind of over it already. Not gonna die on a hill about this.

I hope the Dallas players can feel the same way at some point. Regardless of the last play that they botched completely, they were down 16 with 11 minutes to go in the 4th quarter, they were trailing the 49ers the entire game and they have the audacity to blame the refs. Then applaud fans for throw stuff at them. They should have thrown stuff at Randy Gregory for committing 3 penalties or the offensive line which accounted for 4 penalties and blocked poorly all day. There were simple execution things and discipline things that effected the score much more the last play.

• Like 3