NFC Wildcard GDT: #6 San Francisco at #3 Dallas

Broncofan

Who wins today?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the winner!

Hope we all have the same energy for the other disappointing performances by other playoff teams. Weird how little you hear about fallout from the Patriots performance and same for Arizona, for that matter. I’m sure we’ll barely even speak about the Titans after they lose at home as the #1 seed this afternoon. I’m sure we’ll all just continue to hold Dallas to a different standard and act like they’re a hopeless football team.

Edited by NoFlyZone

42 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

Hope we all have the same energy for the other disappointing performances by other playoff teams. Weird how little you hear about fallout from the Patriots performance and same for Arizona, for that matter. I’m sure we’ll barely even speak about the Titans after they lose at home as the #1 seed this afternoon. I’m sure we’ll all just continue to hold Dallas to a different standard and act like they’re a hopeless football team.

the Pats may have overachieved as it was. They were a fringe playoff team that made the playoffs. I don't think what they did was a disappointment. 

Arizona you may have a point on if people hadn't been on out on them for 3-4 weeks. I think you got that, but it was spread out over a month, tbh. You could also argue that each lost to a better team than the niners.

The titans are an interesting situation because I think the expectations as a whole may be lower. I don't know. That's a team that has been bandied about as the worst #1 seed in a looooooooooooong time. I'm not sure what the actual expectation was. 

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

the Pats may have overachieved as it was. They were a fringe playoff team that made the playoffs. I don't think what they did was a disappointment. 

Arizona you may have a point on if people hadn't been on out on them for 3-4 weeks. You could also argue that each lost to a better team than the niners. I think you got that, but it was spread out over a month, tbh. 

The titans are an interesting situation because I think the expectations as a whole may be lower. I don't know. That's a team that has been bandied about as the worst #1 seed in a looooooooooooong time. I'm not sure what the actual expectation was. 

I mean, it seemed like majority was expecting Dallas to lose that game vs the Niners… and yet the fallout was pretty over the top. You could swear that Dallas is a terrible football team with no future by how people have acted. Seemed like everyone just kind of shrugs their shoulders and moves on in every other case.

Side note, hope the Niners crush it tonight. Should be a great game. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NoFlyZone said:

Its not that that lost, its how they lost.

Objectively hilarious

Just now, Matts4313 said:

The state of the NFCE? You mean 2 playoff teams, a third that was the 6th seed before playing us twice and a middle of the road record as a division?

The Giants are a bottom 5 team and the Eagles/WFT are middle of the pack at best. Aside from the AFC south, I'd have a hard time finding a worse division.

11 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Its not that that lost, its how they lost.

Objectively hilarious

I don’t find it objective at all. The anti-Cowboys bias is unfortunately very real and pretty obvious year to year. Everyone waits for that team to fail because they absolutely get off on it. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

The Giants are a bottom 5 team and the Eagles/WFT are middle of the pack at best. Aside from the AFC south, I'd have a hard time finding a worse division.

NFCN, arguably AFCN 

AFCE and NFCS both basically right in line with us.