NFC Wildcard GDT: #6 San Francisco at #3 Dallas

Broncofan

Who wins today?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the winner!

My favorite game this weekend, should be a doozy.

Keys to the game:

-Can Dak shake off his struggles?    With Zeke hurting and even Pollard not at 100 percent, and the SF run D being VERY stingy of late - it's going to be up to Dak to exploit the pass coverage problems the 49ers have right now.   Their CB's are hurting, and even healthy, not great in coverage.     Dak's got to have big games with Cooper & Lamb (Wilson will play more slot).

-Can DAL's D get big negative plays?    If they don't get sacks & TO's, they are a surprisingly vulnerable D to big plays in the pass game (Diggs is feast or famine that way), and VERY leak in the run game (where SF can shine).   Their ability to get sacks & TO's, though, is what makes the D hum.    It's a huge testament to both Parsons' impact and Dan Quinn's total makeover in aggression from last year's squad.     The DL and Parsons are going to be huge here.   If Trent Williams does not play, that's a massive problem for the SF O.

-Is JimmyG OK?  I know what the ladies think...but talking football here.    Is it the thumb, or just his normal limitations, that are leading to the TO-prone JimmyG rear his head like before?

-Will Shanny be able to adjust at halftime if SF is down?  This is a huge problem with Shanny in general - he's great at creating mismatches schematically, and analyzing team weaknesses to come up with a great starting gameplan - but the lack of adjustments once a D figures out how to respond, it's troubling.

-On the flip side, will McCarthy let Kellen Moore go all-out?    McCarthy's game management prior to this year, especially in playoff time, was a huge problem.   Will he let Moore & Dak open it up (which IMO is the way to beat SF's D)?  Or does he go more vanilla / predictable with early runs (which plays into SF's strength)?

In a TO-neutral game, I expect DAL to win by a 31-24 type score.  I also do not expect it to be a TO-free game lol.    I think this is the high scoring game of the day, so looking forward to 2 of the 3 games very much, but this one most of all today.   Can't wait!

Edited by Broncofan

Trent Williams is 100% a go for this game. He was not even on the injury report. What to watch for is if Azeez Al-Shaair is able to go. K'waun Williams and Tarrt are good to go which is huge. Niners are as healthy as they have been since week 1.

Should be a good one but I got the Niners winning it with a late FG. 

27-24 SF

Dallas SHOULD win this game but Im going with the Niners. They are more physical, I trust Kyle to out scheme the Cowboys. I dont trust McCarthy in the close game to handle situations correctly. We saw against a great coach in McVay how the Niners handled things right before the half and towards the end of the 4th quarter to give them a chance and they ended up winning in OT. So I trust the Niners more. 

All people talk about Dallas is their stars yet all they do is feast off of NFC East teams and bad teams outside of the division. I look for the Niners to run the ball on the Cowboys who have struggled to stop the run. I also like the Niners front to stop the Cowboys run attack and get after Dak. If the Cowboys win Dak is going to have to play like the $75mil QB he was paid to be for this season. The Cowboys are going to have to force Jimmy G to throw the ball at least 30x. Against the Rams he had to throw the ball 30+ times and as a result he threw 2ints and fumbled once. 

1 hour ago, stl4life07 said:

All people talk about Dallas is their stars yet all they do is feast off of NFC East teams and bad teams outside of the division.

When will this die? What needs to happen? 

Even in our losses against good teams, they were all due to missed field goals (aside from the Chiefs). If our kicker wasnt buttcheeks and we had beaten the Bucs, would you still be spewing this nonsense? 

And for the record, the NFCE was very middle of the pack. 2 playoff teams and a 3rd that was in the hunt until we laid it on them 2 times in 3 weeks. "WFT sucks, look at their record" WFT was the 6th/7th seed before they played us. You cant have it both ways. 

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Even in our losses against good teams, they were all due to missed field goals (aside from the Chiefs). If our kicker wasnt buttcheeks and we had beaten the Bucs, would you still be spewing this nonsense? 

And for the record, the NFCE was very middle of the pack. 2 playoff teams and a 3rd that was in the hunt until we laid it on them 2 times in 3 weeks. "WFT sucks, look at their record" WFT was the 6th/7th seed before they played us. You cant have it both ways. 

6-5 outside of the division is not “nonsense” it’s a fact 

I think the Cowboys get this done. I think the Cowboys have a good team this year and a better mentality. They won't go 1 and done. 

Do they go to the Super Bowl or even the NFC Championship? Time will tell but they will win this game. Big games by Parsons, Dak and Lamb.

31-24 Dallas

10 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

6-5 outside of the division is not “nonsense” it’s a fact 

Those games we lost? 

Chiefs and Broncos - butt kicked. No excuse, they killed us. 

Raiders, Bucs, Cards - - all self inflicted. Mainly missed field goals. Plus the refs in the Raiders game all need to be fired. 

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Missed field goals have killed many a team in the playoffs, just saying