2022 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

Just now, Jeezla said:

The good news is we only get burned 70% of the time against above average QB's or better. That's 30% no burn. You look at other teams....actually don't look at other teams. And buy sunscreen.

maybe next season it will improve to only 65 percent of the time

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Fair enough. He should have a pretty good 3rd string OL giving him time.

Would you be cool trading Minshew and going into the season with Strong as QB2?

Nope! Unless he has some Dak-like preseason that would make us say screw Tony Romo, but in this case- The Shew.

2 minutes ago, Daimonas said:

maybe next season it will improve to only 65 percent of the time

Dunno who our #2 CB is, but they probably worse than Nelson. Everything else in the secondary the same. The D will be as good as the front 7, so I hope they kick *** and bring their sack lunches. 

I also hope that Gannon changes what he did last year, or it won't matter how athletic Jordan Davis is if all he's doing is taking up double teams and holding the POA. That's fine sometimes, not all the time. Unleash JD and Cox! And blitz more than once a quarter!

Edited by Jeezla

3 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Nope! Unless he has some Dak-like preseason that would make us say screw Tony Romo, but in this case- The Shew.

Gotcha. I just wanna get something for him before his contract runs out and he goes elsewhere. Maybe an in-season trade is more feasible assuming they like what they see in Strong.

3 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Gotcha. I just wanna get something for him before his contract runs out and he goes elsewhere. Maybe an in-season trade is more feasible assuming they like what they see in Strong.

F that, sign Shew to be our #3 QB for the next 5 years, unless some other team sees him as a starter. We need dudes like Shew on this roster, especially as backups that can fire up the starter.

Edited by Jeezla

5 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Dunno who our #2 CB is, but they probably worse than Nelson. Everything else in the secondary the same. The D will be as good as the front 7, so I hope they kick *** and bring their sack lunches.

I think people believe Nelson was better than he was last year. We hid him a lot and he got burned more than it shows in the stat sheet. I mean he was solid especially considering when we picked him up and for the price. I was much more in on that signing that we paid for Kerrigan. He served his purpose last year. If we don’t bring in a Bradberry or other vet there will be an experience gap between Nelson and whoever starts, but they’ll also be more athletic too. 

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

F that, sign Shew to be our #3 QB for the next 5 years, unless some other team sees him as a starter. We need dudes like Shew on this roster, especially as backups that can fire up the starter.

I mean if he’s willing to stay. I just assumed if it doesn’t seem like he has a shot for a starting job he would wanna go somewhere he can actually be in a competition. 

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I think people believe Nelson was better than he was last year

No, we just know he's better than what we have traditionally had at #2 CB, even though he still was just slightly below average, and not "good".

3 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I mean if he’s willing to stay. I just assumed if it doesn’t seem like he has a shot for a starting job he would wanna go somewhere he can actually be in a competition. 

I think if there was a team that still believed in Shew as a starter, he would be on that team right now. The league views him as a backup.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

No, we just know he's better than what we have traditionally had at #2 CB, even though he still was just slightly below average, and not "good".

I didn’t really want him back at what the Texans gave him. I knew he would get like double what we gave him last year after proving he’s still serviceable. We are definitely gonna take some lumps with no matter who starts at outside corner on the current roster though. The hope would be that they get better over the course of the season.

7 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I think if there was a team that still believed in Shew as a starter, he would be on that team right now. The league views him as a backup.

Yeah. I guess us getting him for just a conditional 6th speaks volumes. Good back-ups still get paid though.

4 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:
4 hours ago, Jeezla said:

You have a real problem with quoting yourself. The forum has been discussing it behind your back. We want you to stop.

Y’all can keep gossiping like school girls then.

Who's "we"?

TRM keep fighting the good fight my dude.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Danger said:

Who's "we"?

TRM keep fighting the good fight my dude.

The only thing I admit I’ll have to stop doing is posting too many tweets in one post like I did with the one making fun of Wentz and his Commanders varsity jacket that basically shut down the page when you went to it and make it take forever to load. I don’t think I quote myself too often though. That last one was just cause it got paged.