2022 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

17 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Not a bad deal - not sure that's where I would want to go to prove myself but it's a favorable deal. 

Also just saw the Zay Jones deal - Jacksonville really killing the WR market this cycle. 

He should get a crap ton of targets at least. 

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES: S MARCUS MAYE

Maye is one of several free agents entering free agency off a significant, season-ending injury. Add that Maye wasn't playing all that well before his injury and it's reasonable to expect a suppressed market. PFF currently projects Maye to sign a one-year, $6 million contract this offseason. That could present an opportunity for a team like Philadelphia in need of safety help.

Maye is a versatile free safety who has graded out well in zone coverage throughout his career, particularly in 2020 when he earned an 85.8 PFF coverage grade. Philadelphia's 2021 starters — Anthony Harris and Rodney McLeod — are both free agents.

This is who PFF thought the best fit for us was.

• S Marcus Maye, Jets: Maye would make sense as a mutually-beneficial one-year rental during which he could rebuild his value on the back end of the Eagles defense, while the Eagles find a short-term upgrade on Anthony Harris. He is still available.

This is what Jimmy said in his day 2 FA targets. Maye also has the connection to Wilson who used to be his DB coach with the Jets.

Might as well pivot our attention there if the other Marcus is out of our price range.

9 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I had heard that the Eagles had pretty significant interest in JuJu. I wonder if it is a ploy because his asking price is too high for them?

I think he is the ideal fit in FA but agree they should not overpay for him

Yeah, it was weird waking up to that news after all the buzz. Even this Eagles podcast I’m listening to right now had one of the beat writers thinking Juju is next.

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Maye will probably be less expensive coming off an injury and I don’t know I’ve heard us linked to Whitehead, but maybe we’re interested.

I'd just like a longer term guy but wouldn't be mad over Maye. We just desperately need a different flavor back there. Someone with more athleticism and explosion. A playmaker. Someone noticeable.

6 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Not a fan of JuJu. Glad, if that report is true. 

This is what a Steelers fan said to me

“Can’t believe Christian Kirk getting 17m per year and Juju is probably gonna be a major bargain for a team. It’s downright baffling.”

When I asked them more cause I haven’t watched a ton of Juju since USC this is what he said:

”He’s a WR2 and a legitimately good one who was handicapped badly when Roethlisberger no longer had the arm strength post surgery.

I think he’s worth Michael Gallup money at least, slightly above if anything.”

FWIW…. He’s also a very good blocker and would fit the run heavy attack we have and be a good blocker on screens for DeVonta and Quez.

• Like 1