2022 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

Just now, ninjapirate said:

Howie knows our safeties were trash last year? right?

I mean since we were supposedly in on Marcus Williams and there was lots of buzz about us and Justin Reid I would say so. He doesn’t want to outbid where he probably has these guys valued though.

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

I mean since we were supposedly in on Marcus Williams and there was lots of buzz about us and Justin Reid I would say so. He doesn’t want to outbid where he probably has these guys valued though.

yeah but you can't enter the draft with two glaring holes.

4 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

yeah but you can't enter the draft with two glaring holes.

I agree, but it’s not the draft yet and I assume they probably bring back McLeod for cheap as depth and still sign someone else, but who that is right now I’m not sure. Greg Cosell seemed to think Marcus Epps deserves a chance to start and really liked what he saw out of him last year. I could definitely see us taking a safety at 51 too.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I agree, but it’s not the draft yet and I assume they probably bring back McLeod for cheap as depth and still sign someone else, but who that is right now I’m not sure. Greg Cosell seemed to think Marcus Epps deserves a chance to start and really liked what he saw out of him last year. I could definitely see us taking a safety at 51 too.

mcleod isn't worth bringing back case in point he wasn;t good last year.

4 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

mcleod isn't worth bringing back case in point he wasn;t good last year.

He played better towards the end of the year. That injury isn’t easy to come back from. I think his leadership and ability to fill in if needed is still worth having around for cheap. Other guys aren’t lining up to play here for the minimum. 

Missing out on all these safeties kind of sucks. Desmond King got 7 mil over 2 years and Whitehead got 14.5, also over 2 years.  We could have had both for like 12 million a year combined. I think King could fit in well as a safety here and I think the Texans got a great deal on him.

6 minutes ago, Folesadelphia said:

Missing out on all these safeties kind of sucks. Desmond King got 7 mil over 2 years and Whitehead got 14.5, also over 2 years.  We could have had both for like 12 million a year combined. I think King could fit in well as a safety here and I think the Texans got a great deal on him.

I remember him at slot corner. He transitioned to safety?

Highly doubt we draft a LBer in the first round also due to their 5th year team-option cost... Howie clearly not a fan of utilizing resources there. I am fine with that strategy honestly - Be patient & build the pass rush and secondary (any decent corners still available?). Birds need to find a way to trade up for Sauce. If not, Just draft DLine (Walker & Davis) and then Lindebaum & I am fine. I want Jameson Williams the most but that probably won't be popular here. If he is healthy, him and Smith would be a NASTY combo.

I knew Howie wasn't going to go after Maye due to the torn achilles - He is haunted since the Sidney Jones fiasco. Bummer we missed out on Marcus Williams - He would be awesome in our scheme.