Free Agent Wish List

Texas_OutLaw7

2 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Anyone have ESPN+ want to give us a breakdown of their top 50 free agent list?

1. D. Adams WR
  2. T. Armstead OT
  3. M Williams WR
  4. C Godwin WR
  5. J Bates S
  6. O Brown OT
  7. M Williams S
  8. V Miller LB
  9. T Mathieu S
  10. OBJ WR
  11. C Davis CD
  12. H Landry LB
  13. B Scherff G
  14. A Robinson WR
  15. R Gregory DE
  16. C Jones LB
  17. J Clowney DE
  18. T Brown OT
  19. J Jackson CB
  20. H Reddick LB
  21. S Gilmore CB
  22. D Chark WR
  23. D Schultz TE
  24. Q Diggs S
  25. U Nwosu LB
  26. M Gesicki TE
  27. R Jensen C
  28. J Daniels G
  29. D Williams CB
  30. C Ward CB
  31. B Bozeman C
  32. C Robinson
  33. C Williams G
  34. A Norwell G
  35. R Douglas CB
  36. E Ogbah DE
  37. J Winston QB
  38. L Tomlinson G
  39. C Kirck WR
  40. M Gallup WR
  41. T Bridgewater QB
  42. Juju Smith Schuster WR
  43. D Campbell LB
  44. D Brown OT
  45. LVE LB
  46. R Gronk TE
  47. B Allen C
  48. A Corbett G
  49. D Njoku TE
  50. T Edmunds S
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I didn't realize how many WR were on this list and no longer fear losing out on Gallup. He can be replaced or re-signed at a decent deal.

Gallup may have to sign a 1 year deal with us. Going to be tough sledding in FA for him, with the knee injury. And a 1 year prove-it deal on a new team is a tough situation. But I agree, we won’t go into the draft without WR3 already on the team.

I also think the safety market will present opportunities, like it did last year. So they’ll either re-sign Kazee or Hooker, or nab one from this crop.

Other than that, not a whole lot appealing.

1 minute ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Gallup may have to sign a 1 year deal with us. Going to be tough sledding in FA for him, with the knee injury. And a 1 year prove-it deal on a new team is a tough situation. But I agree, we won’t go into the draft without WR3 already on the team.

I also think the safety market will present opportunities, like it did last year. So they’ll either re-sign Kazee or Hooker, or nab one from this crop.

Other than that, not a whole lot appealing.

James Daniel is someone I happen to like from his draft days. 

This thread is aptly named, because wishing is the only thing we can afford to do in free agency. I think if we are smart with our money and play things close to the vest, we could possibly make a serious run for 4th string TE Jeremy Sprinkle. But I don’t want to get my hopes up. 

50 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

This thread is aptly named, because wishing is the only thing we can afford to do in free agency. I think if we are smart with our money and play things close to the vest, we could possibly make a serious run for 4th string TE Jeremy Sprinkle. But I don’t want to get my hopes up. 

Would you pay OJ Howard a ton? Because I wouldn't. 

5 hours ago, DaBoys said:

He was a first round pick with serious athletic upside. He was certainly better before the Tom Brady era. I doubt we could afford him

Nah. Even before Tom they paid Brate. I don’t know why it never worked out. He should be considered a bust. But I’ll easily take a flier. 

1 hour ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Nah. Even before Tom they paid Brate. I don’t know why it never worked out. He should be considered a bust. But I’ll easily take a flier. 

Yeah I thought he was going to be what Kyle Pitts is. Never really came to fruition. Still, I believe someone in FA will pay big for his potential and upside. 

22 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Yeah I thought he was going to be what Kyle Pitts is. Never really came to fruition. Still, I believe someone in FA will pay big for his potential and upside. 

Maybe but I think you are looking at things in a vacuum. 

1. Pretty good TE draft class. No Kyle Pitts to be sure. But good names.

2. The following are FA:

Ertz

Uzomah

Cook

Everett

Schultz

Hurst

Gesikie

Njoku

How many of those are you confident Howard gets paid more than? Maybe all of them to be sure. But I’d be shocked if that’s the case. Bad resource management.