GDT: Bengals @ Titans (Return of The King Edition)

Mesa_Titan

2 minutes ago, Kookie23 said:

Our entire passing offense is centered around play-action.  How many times do we actually just drop back to pass?  It feels like we never do.  And when we do it's a disaster.  lol

Feel like we did it a hell of a lot more under Downing than Artie. You’re not going to consistently drop back though this OL though and a QB who has the pocket presence of one of the worst in the league.

Just now, Mesa_Titan said:

I mean, I pretty much agree with you, I just don't see it as cut and dry as you do. It's not one thing where, "this guy sucks" or "that guy sucks", I would put some more context into it. The overall setup of the offense is bad, and it begins with Downing, and trickles down from there.

Well I'm not blindly saying someone sucks. But Tannehill has shown consistently now that he can not do it. 

When he took over for Marcus I said oh ok this is what a QB looks like. 

But he has been on a downward spiral since. This year he just wasn't good. Bad decision after bad decision. 

It's not his throws. It's the decisions. He could have had maybe 20 plus Ints this year. Luckily people dropped them or they fell to the ground. 

To me it was very black and white tonight. One QB turned the ball over 3 times one did not. 

And I'm willing to bet once we look at the All 22 he missed some open guys because he was locked on someone. 

He just hasn't got the job done now 3 years in a row in the playoffs. 

I've seen enough. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mesa_Titan said:

I think it's funny how everyone keeps saying super bowl roster over and over when I couldn't even count how many times I've seen every single facet of this team get called trash multiple weeks by the same posters calling it a superbowl roster.

Not meeeeeee

I wasn't on the forum all year.  ;)

I legit believed in us this year.  Felt like we had magic, going through everything that we did.  Beat all the best teams in spite of everything.

Edited by Kookie23

I supported Marcus a year too long.

We probably will hold on to Tannehill a year too long and miss a franchise QB. 

I bet we give him 2 more years and not this draft but next year's draft probably has 2 franchise QBs that we will not take because of either no chance of getting or sticking with Tannehill. 

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

Well I'm not blindly saying someone sucks. But Tannehill has shown consistently now that he can not do it. 

When he took over for Marcus I said oh ok this is what a QB looks like. 

But he has been on a downward spiral since. This year he just wasn't good. Bad decision after bad decision. 

It's not his throws. It's the decisions. He could have had maybe 20 plus Ints this year. Luckily people dropped them or they fell to the ground. 

To me it was very black and white tonight. One QB turned the ball over 3 times one did not. 

And I'm willing to bet once we look at the All 22 he missed some open guys because he was locked on someone. 

He just hasn't got the job done now 3 years in a row in the playoffs. 

I've seen enough. 

And you keep saying this, but with zero context. The first INT was a terrible throw. The second? What was he supposed to do? Realize the blitz call pre-snap and change the play? I'm legitimately curious. The third we've been over and over. I think it's NWI's fault, he put the ball on him. He just failed to make the play.

Also, lets not forget that Tannehill put us up 14-0 against the Ravens in 2019 before they started running Henry.

Just now, KingTitan said:

I bet we give him 2 more years and not this draft but next year's draft probably has 2 franchise QBs that we will not take because of either no chance of getting or sticking with Tannehill. 

To be honest, I don't see a QB in the draft that would really change our situation.  If we were going to do something, it would have to be trading for Rodgers or Wilson, and I really doubt we're bold enough for that.

Just now, KingTitan said:

We’re picking late in what is supposed to be the worst QB draft class in years. Unless Russ or Rodgers is out there, there’s not really a viable alternative.

2 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

I think it's funny how everyone keeps saying super bowl roster over and over when I couldn't even count how many times I've seen every single facet of this team get called trash multiple weeks by the same posters calling it a superbowl roster.

Roster could have won a Superbowl. But doesn't mean the players are free from being replaced. 

We need to talk about Lewan. Right tackle. Another corner. Long term kicker. A TE and maybe another WR. 

Like, Kirk Cousins is probably the best QB that could realistically be available. Is he a Super Bowl winning QB? Are we better off with zero picks in the first two rounds and absolutely no cap flexibility to move from Tannehill to Cousins? A QB that just missed the playoffs entirely with Justin Jefferson, Adam Thielen and Dalvin Cook?

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Roster could have won a Superbowl. But doesn't mean the players are free from being replaced. 

We need to talk about Lewan. Right tackle. Another corner. Long term kicker. A TE and maybe another WR. 

What needs to be talked about regarding Lewan? Pray for him that he doesn't get injured? He's going no where.

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

No point in discussing anything with him. He’ll nuthug the QB until he’s gone. Did it with Mariota…. Did it with Locker and now Tannehill.  A lot of people said it was a SB roster before the season. That’s why we traded for Julio. The defense was certainly a question, but even if they got to average, no reason they couldn’t make a run at the SB. Problem is, Tannehill is the QB and Downing is the OC and that’s a recipe for an inconsistent offense.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mesa_Titan said:

And you keep saying this, but with zero context. The first INT was a terrible throw. The second? What was he supposed to do? Realize the blitz call pre-snap and change the play? I'm legitimately curious. The third we've been over and over. I think it's NWI's fault, he put the ball on him. He just failed to make the play.

Also, lets not forget that Tannehill put us up 14-0 against the Ravens in 2019 before they started running Henry.

What context do you need. He threw 3 INTs. 

He did the same thing in Pittsburgh. 

Would be nice to recognize the blitz and either change the play or put my arch on it. 

The one to NWI he should have never thrown. He forced the ball in when he didn't have too. 

You know what Burrow didn't do? Force the ball into someone. It is a a skill to know I can't turn the ball over. 

Scramble gain some yards. Make an off schedule play. Throw the ball away. 

The only way that could have loss the game at that point was to turn it over. He has to be smart enough to not put the ball in the area of 3 plus defenders. 

That's the context. 

Don't turn the ball over and at worst you go to overtime with a defense that was not giving up another TD.