GDT: Bengals @ Titans (Return of The King Edition)

Mesa_Titan

Like I said when we wrapped up week 18

Buckle up

None of these games are going to be easy 

Get ready for the rollercoaster of emotions that come with playoff football

Grab your stress balls your puke buckets and what ever else you are going to need to handle what we are about to see

Refs are going to F something up at some point so we will have to fight through adversity with them and the teams we play

Titans are a great team

Lets hope they show the world how good we really are 

2 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Trey Hendrickson in concussion protocol at the moment as well

What’s the normal return time on that? Doesn’t it heavily vary. I remember Humphries was out for the year basically. But I have also seen guys come back the next week. 

Not that I was worried about their d too much anyway. And you never wanna see guys go down. But damn if Ogunjobi and Hendrickson are both out. People are gonna eat.

3 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

What’s the normal return time on that? Doesn’t it heavily vary. I remember Humphries was out for the year basically. But I have also seen guys come back the next week. 

Not that I was worried about their d too much anyway. And you never wanna see guys go down. But damn if Ogunjobi and Hendrickson are both out. People are gonna eat.

Ya it varies I guess

When Lewan gets concussions he usually will be out the following week

I want to say it was Autry or Landry or someone earlier this year had one but cleared protocol in time for the game

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Gonna have to bring this game down in the slums. Make it nice and dirty. Hard nose football needs to be played. Make them fight. Not just sling the ball around. 

Agreed

Cant let the kid set his feet all day and pick us apart and let him hold the ball long enough for him to take the shots down field to Chase and Higgins

10 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Gonna have to bring this game down in the slums. Make it nice and dirty. Hard nose football needs to be played. Make them fight. Not just sling the ball around. 

Set the tempo early. Basically do what the Niners did. Win field position, and beat them down. Make those cbs and safeties tackle our big boy trio.

What does give me some optimism is how we've done against offenses with big time weapons. (Rams, Chiefs, Bills, Niners)

Rams- Kupp and Woods got some yards, mainly garbage yards and never reached the endzone
Chiefs-Kelce had 7 for 65 yards and Hill had 6 for 49 yards and never reached the endzone
Niners- Kittle had 2 for 21.  Debo went off but a lot of that was on one catch and didn't reach the endzone
Bills- the one team on this list that scored consistently against us.

I'm not fearful of the Bengals defense. I think that is what it is. if we play our game and don't turn it over we can score.
Will our defense be able to get to Burrow and stop Chase?