GDT: Bengals @ Titans (Return of The King Edition)

Mesa_Titan

8 hours ago, twotonebluenation said:

I can’t wait to walk in that stadium. For those of you who know Nashville, what are some fun things to do before the game. What is the tailgating scene like for Titans games.

Make sure you buy your beer the day before. Well I guess the later start that won't matter. I went to the Texans game we went to grab a case to tailgate and they couldn't sell it until a certain time. In which we just went into the stadium instead haha

• Like 1

Rewatching highlights from last year’s loss to the Bengals and my God, last year’s defense was disgusting. No pass rush. Poor tackling. Run defense was lacking. Relying on Johnathan Joseph and Breon Borders at CB. Kevin Byard looking like a bum. Just ugly all around. Frustrating going back and seeing that performance.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

Rewatching highlights from last year’s loss to the Bengals and my God, last year’s defense was disgusting. No pass rush. Poor tackling. Run defense was lacking. Relying on Johnathan Joseph and Breon Borders at CB. Kevin Byard looking like a bum. Just ugly all around. Frustrating going back and seeing that performance.

I'm halfway through rewatching it and honestly thought Borrow played better than he did because I didn't realise how many easy completions he missed on early downs. He made spectacular throws on 3rd down, especially outside the pocket but from my original memory of the game, I thought he was better. Maybe im only remembering the 2nd half. 

Also, Forman did look good against them, and I had no idea Fat Randy played for them

1 hour ago, Mesa_Titan said:

I didn’t even realize that Quentin Spain was the starting guard for the Bengals. Big Jeff is going to eat him alive. 

Big Jeff didn't do much last time and he was freshly signed to them like by a couple days. lol

Whole new defense, but can't overlook the fact that we didn't even breathe on Burrow last game. 

Just now, KingTitan said:

Big Jeff didn't do much last time and he was freshly signed to them like by a couple days. lol

Whole new defense, but can't overlook the fact that we didn't even breathe on Burrow last game. 

if i recall correctly they were playing like 2 or 3 backups on an already-horrible OL that day. narrative was that even with how pathetic our pass rush had been to that point, we'd probably be able to do some damage. and then we failed to even get close lol. just an awful day, though i will say i think a lot of that was less on the pass rush itself than it was on johnathan joseph being destroyed on every play so quickly that no pass rush would have mattered.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

Sure we can. This is a new year and we are a totally different team. The defense has literally gone from bottom 5 to top 5. If it was this year then it might mean something. 

4 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

if i recall correctly they were playing like 2 or 3 backups on an already-horrible OL that day. narrative was that even with how pathetic our pass rush had been to that point, we'd probably be able to do some damage. and then we failed to even get close lol. just an awful day, though i will say i think a lot of that was less on the pass rush itself than it was on johnathan joseph being destroyed on every play so quickly that no pass rush would have mattered.

Yeap.
We had Clowney, Landry and Jeff.
Again, we saw how bad we were at getting to the QB last year, but like you said, if there was any game where we should have got A SACK, it was that one and we did not. lol