Pre-workouts Mock offseason.

SimbaWho

Signings

Lions use transition tag on S Tracy Walker.

Lions sign OLB Haason Reddick to a 5 year deal worth 70 million dollars.

Lions resign OLB/DE Charles Harris to a 3 year deal worth 21 million dollars.

Lions resign WR Kalif Raymond to a 2 year 7 million dollar deal.

Lions sign S/LB Jabrill Peppers to a 2 year 5.5 million dollar contract.

Lions sign TE Durham Smythe to a 2 year 5.5 million dollar contract.

Lions sign DT Vernon Butler to a 2 year 5.5 million dollar contract.

Lions resign K Riley Patterson to a 3 year 3.75 million dollar contract.

Lions resign C Evan Brown to a 2 year 3.5 million dollar contract.

Lions sign OT Jason Spriggs to a 2 year 3 million dollar contract.

Lions resign FB Jason Cabina to a 1 year deal league minimum.

Lions resign LB Josh Woods to a 1 year deal league minimum.

Lions sign CB Bobby Price to a 1 year ERFA contract offer.

Lions resign T Matt Nelson to a 1 year ERFA contract offer.

Lions resign P Jack Fox to a 1 year ERFA contract offer.

Lions resign K Riley Patterson to a 1 year ERFA contract offer.

Lions resign LS Scott Daly to a 1 year ERFA contract offer.

Cuts:

Lions cut DE Trey Flowers

Lions cut DE/OLB Austin Bryant

Lions cut WR Trinity Benson

Lions cut TE Hunter Bryant

Draft:

1st – Kayvon Thibodeaux, DE/OLB. Oregon. ( 6'5, 260lbs. )

1st (Rams) – Chris Olave, WR. Ohio State. ( 6’1, 190lbs. )

2nd – Logan Hall, DL/OLB. Houston ( 6'6, 275lbs. )

3rd  – Damone Clark, LB. LSU. ( 6’3, 245lbs. )

3rd (comp) – Sam Howell, QB. North Carolina. ( 6'1, 220lbs. )

5th – Tre’Vius Hodges-Tomlinson. CB. TCU. ( 5’9, 175lbs. )

5th (comp) – Smoke Monday, S. Auburn. ( 6’3, 200lbs. )

6th (comp) – Micah McFadden, LB. Indiana. ( 6’2, 235lbs. )

7th (Patriots) – Nick Broeker, OL. Ole Miss. ( 6’5, 305lbs. )

Roster:

RT: Penei Sewell, Matt Nelson

RG: Halapoulivaati Vaitai, Logan Stenberg

OC: Frank Ragnow, Evan Brown

LG: Jonah Jackson, Nick Broeker

LT: Taylor Decker, Jason Spriggs

RB: D’Andre Swift, Jamal Williams, Jermar Jefferson, Craig Reynolds

FB: Jason Cabinda

QB: Jared Goff, Sam Howell, Tim Boyle

WR: Josh Reynolds, Chris Olave, Amon-Ra St. Brown, Quintez Cephus, Kalif Raymond

TE: T.J. Hockenson, Durham Smythe, Brock Wright

DE: Vernon Butler, Levi Onwuzurike

NT: Alim McNeill, John Penisini

DE: Michael Brockers, Logan Hall

OLB: Kayvon Thibodeaux, Charles Harris, Romeo Okwara

MLB: Jalen Reeves-Maybin, Derrick Barnes

MLB: Damone Clark, Josh Woods

OLB Haason Reddick, Micah McFadden

CB: Amani Oruwariye, Jerry Jacobs

* Nickle: Bobby Price, Tre’Vius Hodges-Tomlinson

S: Jabrill Peppers, Smoke Monday

S: Tracy Walker III, Jeff Okudah

CB: Ifeatu Melifonwu, A.J. Parker

LS: Scott Daly

P: Jack Fox

K: Riley Patterson

KR/PR: Kalif Raymond

Edited by SimbaWho

I like it other than I think we have to do more at WR than just Olave.  The rest of our guys just didn't do enough to be comfortable with just Olave added to the group IMO.  I wouldnt depend on Cephus or Raymond on a legit team. 

I dont know a ton on Hall so would need to look into him more.  I feel like there will be better talent at that pick at more dire of need positions.  I also don't think Howell makes it to round 3 but if he does, I am all for it.  

I don't see Howell making it to round three, but I like the idea of getting some kind of project there like Zappe or whoever is the best available. 

I like most of the draft. Olave would be a great fit because he's super versatile but is also a deep threat, which is something that ARSB hasn't really shown yet. Those two would give defensive coordinators headaches when they're out there with Swift and Hockenson. 

On 1/20/2022 at 10:25 AM, LionArkie said:

I'm curious if you perfer KT over Hutch, or do you think Hutch will be the #1 pick?

I have Kayvon as number 1 right now. We'll see after the combine. I want the more athletic freak between the two. Just my preference for any 3-4 OLB. 

On 1/20/2022 at 10:45 AM, Sllim Pickens said:

I like it other than I think we have to do more at WR than just Olave.  The rest of our guys just didn't do enough to be comfortable with just Olave added to the group IMO.  I wouldnt depend on Cephus or Raymond on a legit team. 

I dont know a ton on Hall so would need to look into him more.  I feel like there will be better talent at that pick at more dire of need positions.  I also don't think Howell makes it to round 3 but if he does, I am all for it.  

I think Reynolds played better than given credit for. He'd of put up better looking numbers over the season. (Reynolds/Olava/St.Brown) would be the focus and Raymond/Cephus are backup/role players.

Howell might not make it to the third. I'm just predicting an epic slide. Who knows though. There are a lot of teams that can role the dice on a QB in the 2nd round especially. 

• Like 1

Getting Olave there would be pretty ideal. I really like London and Burks too although I’m not sure London makes it there.  Howell in essentially the top of the 4th round seems pretty unlikely.  

I’m a bit confused by the OLB situation.  You want to relegate Romeo to 3rd string? He’s being paid 14 million a year.  Throwing  70 and 21 plus the 2nd pick of the draft all on edge players to boot seems like some over kill.  I suppose they could get creative particularly with Reddick and Thibs but it’s still a bit much.  Also don’t really see a purpose in giving that money to Raymond who’s essentially a practice squad player on most teams but that’s nit picking.  

Like the Butler signing.  Don’t know much about Hall yet so I’ll have to get around to him.  Clarke would be a nice pick there but I think he mite be a guy that gets pushed up boards due to overall lack of linebackers available particularly in FA.  Filling the LBer need is going to be pretty tricky without reaching there just aren’t a lot of quality options.

1 hour ago, BigC421/ said:

Getting Olave there would be pretty ideal. I really like London and Burks too although I’m not sure London makes it there.  Howell in essentially the top of the 4th round seems pretty unlikely.  

I’m a bit confused by the OLB situation.  You want to relegate Romeo to 3rd string? He’s being paid 14 million a year.  Throwing  70 and 21 plus the 2nd pick of the draft all on edge players to boot seems like some over kill.  I suppose they could get creative particularly with Reddick and Thibs but it’s still a bit much.  Also don’t really see a purpose in giving that money to Raymond who’s essentially a practice squad player on most teams but that’s nit picking.  

Like the Butler signing.  Don’t know much about Hall yet so I’ll have to get around to him.  Clarke would be a nice pick there but I think he mite be a guy that gets pushed up boards due to overall lack of linebackers available particularly in FA.  Filling the LBer need is going to be pretty tricky without reaching there just aren’t a lot of quality options.

The pass rush situation on the team is stacked. Like you said Lions now have multiple OLB's that make different fronts and match ups, 3-4/4-3. Logan is a poor mans JJ Wyatt or Arik Armstead(imo) so figure that in how you like. Injuries happen. Owkara also isn't long-term even if he is signed to that big money he's coming off an serious injury. Throw in Jabril Peppers from time to time and the dynamics of the Lions pass rush could get really creative/good. There's pass rushers at almost every level on this defense to worry about.

I don't think Olave will be there. I like Clark and Monday picks. I'm not high on Logan Hall and don't have him as a top 34 player. 

I didn't see Josh Reynolds in your free agency but did see Patterson listed twice. 

Overall, I don't mind this. But I don't think we did enough in free agency. Reddick is nice, but Lions will have some money to spend and just re-signing our own guys is not good enough for me. 

Cant help but think that Jahan Dotson plays a lot like Tyreek Hill.

4.33-second

With his 4.33-second speed in the 40-yard dash and his sure hands, Dotson has received much attention from NFL scouts and draft analysts. 

Edited by Just Want A Title