Who is under the most pressure this postseason?

notthatbluestuff

12 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

The Packers will want him.

Rodgers staying may come down to Adams staying.

Its not his ideal situation but Adams is a heck of a WR and a QB might put up with some organizational issues to keep that partnership going for another year.

Will Adams play on a tag (20.1m based on a 20% raise or about 22.2m based on current top 5 2022 WRs)?

Will the Packers figure out how to pay him a big contract?

While I think he definitely wants Adams back, I dont think it's the deal breaker everyone else thinks it is. Its completely understandable if Adams leaves to chase the bag, Rodgers knows that plus he is one of the most arrogant players of all time. He thinks he can win regardless of the players around him.

2 minutes ago, StatKing said:

While I think he definitely wants Adams back, I dont think it's the deal breaker everyone else thinks it is. Its completely understandable if Adams leaves to chase the bag, Rodgers knows that plus he is one of the most arrogant players of all time. He thinks he can win regardless of the players around him.

I just think its another bag piled on the drama that is already there. They even made the cringe Jordan Bulls reference leading into this season.

If this was 2015 then Rodgers would move on without Adams in a heartbeat.

20 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

I just think its another bag piled on the drama that is already there. They even made the cringe Jordan Bulls reference leading into this season.

If this was 2015 then Rodgers would move on without Adams in a heartbeat.

I just see that as another move in the chess game Rodgers is playing. He wants Packers nation to beg him to stay. The man is a living legend playing for a cornerstone NFL franchise, all he cares about is HIS legacy. I think winning another ring with the Packers and going down as the undisputed best player in franchise history means more to him than winning 2 in another place. I could definitely be wrong but everything I know about the man and his ego tells me otherwise. 

1. Packers(this might be it for them if they fall short this year)
2. Rams(all those big trades and signings mean nothing if those big names can't win a ring)
3. Titans(their best opportunity is now while Henry is still playing at a dominant level)
4. Bucs(already won one recently, but unlike the Chiefs their window is likely to close pretty soon unless Brady manages to play until 50 and beyond)
5. Bills(will probably have many more opportunities to win with Allen even if they fall short this year, but unlike the Chiefs haven't won one yet)
6. Chiefs(have already won one recently with the Bucs, and like Allen Mahomes will be around for a while)
7. 49ers(playing with house money after barely making it in and knocking off the hated Cowboys, and after this season ends they'll be looking towards the future with Lance anyways)
8. Bengals(already their best season since 1988, and Burrow and Chase will be around for many years to come)

Edited by jonnguy2015

Its clearly ARod and the reason why is there is no excuse. When he wasnt getting past the NFCCG people blamed it on McCarthy. Now LaFleur is the head coach the Packers have gone three straight seasons of 13 wins. The past two seasons ended in losses in the NFCCG. Last season ARod wanted homefield advantage and he got it. This season he got it again. ARod has never beaten the Niners in the playoffs. Plus ARod takes care of the ball historically but in NCCG's he has 9tds to 8ints in 5 games. Thats not good at all. If ARod fails to once again beat the Niners in the playoffs being the more rested team then its going to make him look bad. People just automatically assume the Packers will get to the Superbowl so thats why nobody is looking at ARod having the most pressure but I think he has tons of it. Not to mention this could be his last season with the Packers. He could be on another team next season. 

The reason why Im not going to say McVay/Stafford has the most pressure bc first off Stafford finally got the monkey off his back with a playoff win. Nobody can say he isnt capable. Stafford has achieved alot of firsts this season. First time he has won 12 games in a season. First time he has won a division title in a season. First time he won a playoff game. The Rams arent going anywhere. Stafford will be back next season. The Rams could technically resign OBJ, Von, and maybe even Michel. I think it would be smart to choose Michel over Henderson to have an Akers/Michel 1-2 punch. The Rams will have a full season of Akers, they will get Woods back. Lets see if they can resign SDJ which us Rams fans think is a huge piece of the DL. He got hurt so if we resign him he will be back healthy for next season to go along with Gaines who has improved this season and the rest of the Rams front seven. Some of the young guys like Jones and Rochelle will be more improved in their second year. So the Rams next year has the potential to be even better especially in Stafford second season in this offense. So next year the Rams will have another crack at it if they cant get the job done this season. Plus if the Rams do beat the Bucs and get to the NFCCG then thats another first for Stafford. He took his team to a conference championship game. So again nobody can say he cant win big games anymore.

So again to me the pressure is HUGE on ARod. If he cant get the Packers to the Superbowl then we need to start talking about his playoff success in the same way we talked about McNabb playoff success minus McNabb not having a ring. We need to start talking about ARod and these Packers in the same way we looked at Brees and the Saints in recent memory. A great team with a future first ballot HOF'er at QB but couldnt get back to the Superbowl even when they had everything they need and was the favorites. ARod has to get the job done this postseason or else imo. No excuses for him not to get to the Superbowl aside from him getting hurt and knocked out of the game against the Niners or if they advance he gets knocked out of the NFCCG against either Bucs or the Rams where he cant play again in the game and the Packers lose with Love taking over. Thats the only way Id let ARod off the hook if he physically not able to play in the game at any point. 

Edited by stl4life07