Who is under the most pressure this postseason?

notthatbluestuff

14 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Shanahan? McVay? Both need rings, and need them soon.

They really don't. Nobody should be looking at those two as if there is a problem. Maybe you can say the way they conduct business is on the hot seat

Jimmy G needs a good performance, I think, given the uncertain future. 

Matt Stafford exercised some demons in that game against Arizona, he may have been my answer before the playoffs. 

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I think it's gotta be Aaron Rodgers.

I would say GB as a whole personally. If they win the SB, I don't think there is any way Rodgers leaves town, and if he stays, I think Adams stays as well. If they don't make it to the Super Bowl, or end up losing in the Super Bowl, I could see Rodgers throwing a fit and leaving town. 

• Like 1

Just now, GW21 said:

I would say GB as a whole personally. If they win the SB, I don't think there is any way Rodgers leaves town, and if he stays, I think Adams stays as well. If they don't make it to the Super Bowl, or end up losing in the Super Bowl, I could see Rodgers throwing a fit and leaving town. 

Think I'm more inclined to go GB as a whole over Rodgers as well

I'd think it has to be either Green Bay or LAR.  

Green Bay - for reasons already stated

LAR - maybe I'm missing something, but haven't they pretty much sacrificed all of their draft picks for the next 25 years or something?

100% Rodgers and the Packers. It would be such a gigantic failure if they don't win the Super Bowl. 

1) Been far too long (considering the rosters they have had and QB they've had)

2) Coming off two Rodgers MVP seasons

3) Back to back #1 seed seasons

4) They will lose ARod anything short of a Super Bowl Championship

Rodgers really needs a ring for his legacy to cap off these two MVP seasons. 

I don't think any other team is under any pressure to win at all.

1) Bills are young

2) Chiefs just won

3) Bucs just won

4) 49ers are playing with house money

5) Rams window will still be open another two seasons after this

6) Bengals are young

The only other team that MIGHT be under pressure is the Titans. It will be very hard for that team to get a #1 seed again. Plus RB's don't live long in the NFL. 

So only two teams under pressure:

1) Packers

A distant #2: Titans

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, KFP7 said:

I'd think it has to be either Green Bay or LAR.  

Green Bay - for reasons already stated

LAR - maybe I'm missing something, but haven't they pretty much sacrificed all of their draft picks for the next 25 years or something?

Yep. I don't think that there is pressure on McVay, but I could see how there was pressure on Stafford (that should go without saying) and the Rams model of trading off picks for established starters. Personally, I think you can't evaluate their model in a vacuum because people can't always have a guy like Donald (he's at GOAT levels of play, and that's not hyperbole), but I could understand the idea 

2 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Rodgers? Stacked team, home-field advantage again, likely back-to-back MVP - if he can't get a second ring this year, will it ever happen?

Yeah, Rodgers and GB will face the most scrutiny if they can't take advantage of GB winters to get to the SB.