2022 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

1 minute ago, JarrodR86 said:

Not a “big deal” but I think he’ll still get at least 4-5 mil + incentives and I don’t think we’ll have that plus the continued whispers about a possible Gilmore or Matheiu signing on the horizon. Still have a few players that haven’t hit the current cap figure as I think jimkelly mentioned as well. 

I've seen $3M GTD for him, we could always free up some more cap space as well. Mathieu/Gilmore have been reportedly signing with us for the last couple of weeks and nothing has happened. 

14 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

We’re getting just under 19M on 6/1 when Littleton and Nassib come off the books.  Signing our draft picks costs under 1m and isn’t done until after 6/1.  We have 7.3m in cap space right now minus Jayon Brown, Harmon, Jermaine Eluemenor’s deals.  The available cap space will be reduced by each of their ‘22 cap hits minus the $935k cap hit player they are replacing in the top 51.  We probably have over 5M after these cap figures are announced.

I’d love to spend the remaining 5m+ on a RT like Eric Fisher, but I don’t think the FO will do that.  If we sign anyone it’s likely Gilmore or Mathieu.

I think theirs a distinct possibility Carr’s extension actually increases his 2022 cap number.  It’ll be very hard to spend 20+M after 6/1 and if we were to add 2 yrs @ 35m to his existing contract and gave him a ‘21 roster bonus of 10M (which still leaves us with 9m to spend on FAs) then it would reduce his cap hits to 30m per year.  If we are going to sign him to a short term deal it makes fiscal sense to pack some of the new money into this season.  We’ve already got a ton of dead cap that’ll be on the books next year so this would help offset it.

if you sign him to a 2-3yr deal and reduce his ‘21 cap hit by 10m your going to end up with 40M+ cap hits on the New Years.

I think Carr probably signs a 4-5 year extension to spread out the cap hits and I really don’t think it’s going to be some $35-40 m/yr deal.. I can see him taking $30-33 since he got Adams. Cap continues to rise, even if slightly backloaded 

Just now, Devilshark69 said:

That would make me smile, pro bowl Swiss Army knife. Him and Campbell would be nice....but I’m still very concerned with our RT situation so..... guess I can’t have em all. Lol

McDaniels basically confirmed that they're okay with our current group at the owners meetings.

Just now, Devilshark69 said:

Yeah, plenty of us wish they’d followed plenty of our mocks bro, very much lamented throughout the years. 17 yrs on this forum for sure, that’s not counting the years before that. SMH. Yeah, my profile used to be radrshark. 

If we just drafted based on forum poll picks we'd have a dynasty. 

16 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

Micheal huff over nghata?? Smmfh!!! Dhb over crabs? Etc etc etc etc etc!!!!

Fabian Washington over Aaron Rodgers followed by trading up in the 2nd for Stanford Routt was terrible.

Some of the ones that I've hated recently:

• Alex Leatherwood over Jaelan Phillips at #17

• Clelin Ferrell over Josh Allen / Devin White / Brian Burns at #4

• Jonathan Abram over Deebo Sammuel at #27

• Trayvon Mullen over DK Metcalf at #40

• Henry Ruggs over CeeDee Lamb at #12

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Fabian Washington over Aaron Rodgers followed by trading up in the 2nd for Stanford Routt was terrible.

Some of the ones that I've hated recently:

• Alex Leatherwood over Jaelan Phillips at #17

• Clelin Ferrell over Josh Allen / Devin White / Brian Burns at #4

• Jonathan Abram over Deebo Sammuel at #27

• Trayvon Mullen over DK Metcalf at #40

• Henry Ruggs over CeeDee Lamb at #12

BuT tHe ScHeMe!

Good players can overcome and adapt to various schemes. 

Good coaches can adapt their scheme to maximize the talent of the players they have. 

Skipping over raw talent for a lesser talented "scheme fit" was and always will be one of the dumbest things I've ever seen, particularly with how often teams switch up schemes these days. You adapt and evolve, or you're not worth the paycheck to coach.