2022 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

BuT tHe ScHeMe!

Good players can overcome and adapt to various schemes. 

Good coaches can adapt their scheme to maximize the talent of the players they have. 

Skipping over raw talent for a lesser talented "scheme fit" was and always will be one of the dumbest things I've ever seen, particularly with how often teams switch up schemes these days. You adapt and evolve, or you're not worth the paycheck to coach.  

What exactly was Guenther's scheme anyways? DL that couldn't rush the passer and zero blitzing, lulz. Their reluctance to move Joyner to FS and a lot of their other moves were extremely puzzling as well. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

What exactly was Guenther's scheme anyways? DL that couldn't rush the passer and zero blitzing, lulz. Their reluctance to move Joyner to FS and a lot of their other moves were extremely puzzling as well. 

4Throw****atawallandhopeitsticks3 Hybrid

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

4Throw****atawallandhopeitsticks3 Hybrid

I'm excited to see what Patrick Graham can do with our group although I think we're still likely a year away. Pretty insane that we've had three different DC's who have had basically three different groups of players in a 3 year span, lol. The only player that has consistently started over that whole stretch is Maxx.

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Fabian Washington over Aaron Rodgers followed by trading up in the 2nd for Stanford Routt was terrible.

Some of the ones that I've hated recently:

• Alex Leatherwood over Jaelan Phillips at #17

• Clelin Ferrell over Josh Allen / Devin White / Brian Burns at #4

• Jonathan Abram over Deebo Sammuel at #27

• Trayvon Mullen over DK Metcalf at #40

• Henry Ruggs over CeeDee Lamb at #12

Forgot we got back into the first that year for him. Lol. In another year where we needed a qb. Lol and yeah, I was like “Stanford who?” Then had to go into deep research mode.....smh!

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

wish we would kick the tires on Ereck Flowers. I would simply cut Good and try to sign Flower for 5-6m. Good is an average starter, and Flowers is a really good guard. Would be an upgrade to the offensive line. 

Why is he unsigned if he's so good?

Don’t shoot the messenger is Overthecap is incorrect… but the compensation for Jayon Brown, Jermaine Eluemenor, and Duron Harmon’s deals were posted to their pages:

Jayon Brown, LB: 1yr, 1.035m salary (500k guaranteed) plus 125k Signing Bonus plus 64.6k in active game bonuses (might be higher and 64.6k is the likely to be achieved  amount based upon being active 10 games last year) plus 25.4k in workout bonuses = cap hit of 1.2334M.  Being that he replaced a 935k player in the top 51, his signing reduces the cap $288.4K

https://overthecap.com/player/jayon-brown/5741/

Duron Harmon, S: 1yr, 1.12m salary (580k guaranteed) plus $76,250 signing bonus and $76,250 workout bonus.  Cap number is $1,047,500 and he replaces a $935k player in the top 51 So he reduces the cap $112,500.

Jermaine Eluemenor, OL: 1yr, TBD…. It was posted on the site then got removed.  I didn’t screen shot it but it was a minimal deal like the other 2.

https://overthecap.com/player/jermaine-eluemunor/5745/

According to Spotrac, our cap number without those last 3 was….. $7,481,236

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/las-vegas-raiders/cap/

$7,481,236
- $288,400 Brown

- $112,500 Harmon

- $150,000 Eluemenor (I’ll update for real once it’s fixed, but this is a good Estimate)

—————-

6.93M in cap space 

Our rookie draft pool is only $4,225,310 (the sum of all the draft pick costs) and will take up $700,310 in cap space ( 4,225,310 - 705k (league minimum) * 5 picks).  But…..

the actual effect of the draft picks on our current cap is almost zero.  As of this moment the 51st roster spot has a cap hit of $935k so I’ll use that number.  But every player we sign in FA moves that figure up.

If our 3rd, 4th, and 2 5ths make the team the actual cap impact of signing the draft picks is negative.  Only #86 actually resided the current cap

86- $979,532 

126- $916,993 

164- $796,356 

165- $795,957 

227- $736,472 

https://overthecap.com/draft/

Plus,,, after June 1 we get $11.0M from Littleton Release and $7.75m from Nassib release = $18.75M