2022 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

I think we are gonna regret not signing or drafting Justyn Ross. I hate he went to the Chefs. We probably took him off our board due to medical. But I'm already hearing that he is turning heads in KC. Man I really wanted him. Would much rather him than Keelan. Just off of potential. But I do think Keelan will be a really good addition. Kind of Seth Roberts but with good hands 😆 

On 5/10/2022 at 4:55 PM, Humble_Beast said:

If we dont sign Bradberry I could see us adding 5 more vets on June 1

• QB2- Mullen is a lower end QB2 and more like a QB3. Theres a few new options like Nick Foles, Blake Bortles, or even RG3 be interesting to bring to camp 
  • WR- I still wouldn't mind a speed demon to challenge and add another dynamic 
  • OL- I still think this unit could use more talent. We only added a 3rd rounder, 7th, and a few backups to a lousy OL. Wouldn't mind bringing in another vet or two for competition 
  • DE- I think we could us another big 3-4 END to challenge Ferrell. Seems like we are going to have DTs playing DE. We really don't have many DE like Ferrell 
  • Safety- I would have cut Leavitt and Teamer yesterday. I wouldn't mind another vet to challenge and provide depth. Falcons guy might suck, and Gillespie hasn't done much. Abram doesn't instill confidence in the pass game. Teamer in trouble with the law, and Leavitt just flat out sucks 

Of course my first choice would be Bradberry but I wouldn't be mad falling back on adding more vets 

since that post 

• QB2- Jarrett Stidham- I like the pickup, projected QB2. Backup QB is such an important spot 
  • WR- Keelan Cole - more competition and depth. Not mad at the move 
  • OL- I still wouldn't mind adding another vet or two. More talent and competition 
  • DE- still want another one. we have a ton of DT and I see EDGE OLB types being Chandler, Maxx, Fackrell, Koonce
  • S- I would still cut Teamer and Leavitt and add another S

I wish we could bring this guy in, a poor mans Ruggs. Sure he flopped with his draft position and being a WR1. Adding him as a situational player would be scary for other teams. He has that speed to scared teams deep. I would just imagine have Ross running outs with teams scared of other weapons. man would be cheap at this point 

On 5/11/2022 at 4:43 AM, big_palooka said:

He gave up 8TDs last season. What do we make of that? 

He has played at a Pro Bowl level under Patrick Graham. Casey Hayward looked washed in his last season with the Chargers and then balled for us. Either way I trust Bradberry to hold up and be healthy more than I trust Trayvon Mullen.

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He has played at a Pro Bowl level under Patrick Graham. Casey Hayward looked washed in his last season with the Chargers and then balled for us. Either way I trust Bradberry to hold up and be healthy more than I trust Trayvon Mullen.

Was Bradbury healthy last year? Because in 2020 Casey heyward had hamstring issues which for a corner is the equivalent to an ACL tear. 

1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

Was Bradbury healthy last year? Because in 2020 Casey heyward had hamstring issues which for a corner is the equivalent to an ACL tear. 

I'm not sure, I didn't really keep up with Giants football that much but there's a reason he's highly regarded around the league and he's familiar with the system. I'm hopeful that Hobbs can continue to improve but other than that our CB group is pretty unproven. Mullen has flashed but it doesn't help that this is his third DC within a 3 year period. 

6 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I wish we could bring this guy in, a poor mans Ruggs. Sure he flopped with his draft position and being a WR1. Adding him as a situational player would be scary for other teams. He has that speed to scared teams deep. I would just imagine have Ross running outs with teams scared of other weapons. man would be cheap at this point 

He can't stay healthy at all, he has 13 catches over the last two seasons.

On 5/11/2022 at 8:01 AM, ronjon1990 said:

1. The Giants weren't very good. 

2. James Bradberry is JAG who plays CB. 

3. Nobody pulled the trade trigger, because they knew he wasn't worth the contract. 

4. He won't be particularly expensive to sign, and we don't have a lot of depth at CB. 

I think some people are way too high on him for reasons beyond me. That said, I don't see a reason to be especially low on him. I would balk at a big contract or even giving up much for him in a trade, but that's not going to be the case. He'd be CB2 probably, and only then by default with Hobbs being the NCB. In a "pecking order" of sorts, he'd be behind Mullen and Hobbs, competing with Averett. That already has more depth than we had at CB the last couple of years. 

If anyone is of the mindset he comes in and singlehandedly fixes our D, they're crazy. He's not a lockdown corner. For those who can appreciate him being a warm body that can play CB and usually not get utterly embarrassed but don't expect a huge output from him, it's a decent signing. 

The Giants were one of the worst teams in the league offensively in terms of being able to stay on the field and their pass rush fell off as well. The year prior when their offense was just middle of the pack in terms of time of possession and had better pass rushing numbers, Bradberry played at a Pro Bowl level. 

Is he an elite corner? Nope. But Hayward struggled during his final season in LA before rebounding with us. No one was going to pay him top 5 CB money and give up draft assets when it was all but guaranteed the Giants would have to cut him regardless. 

We literally have 2 CB's under contract after this season, Hobbs and Amik, and who knows if Amik will even make the team. 

If we do sign him I think that he'll definitely start on the outside with either Mullen/Ya-Shin opposite and Hobbs in the slot, or potentially Mullen opposite of him, Ya-Shin in the slot, and Hobbs at safety with Moehrig. 

Mullen is extremely injury prone and we're thin at corner as it is. I don't think Bradberry is some superstar player but I think that he's a proven veteran, quality starter, that has experience in the system. I'd love to add a guy like that and Bradberry's film in 2020 is better than the film that any CB we currently have on the roster has ever put up in any season of their career. 

• Like 1

Give me Julio Jones. we are contenders and Julio is the type of vet a contender would pick up. Dude is a hall of famer who would be a perfect WR2. He was injured last year, I think he can still be solid. Roll the dice on him, see if he can stay healthy. Worth the risk 

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

Give me Julio Jones. we are contenders and Julio is the type of vet a contender would pick up. Dude is a hall of famer who would be a perfect WR2. He was injured last year, I think he can still be solid. Roll the dice on him, see if he can stay healthy. Worth the risk 

injuried last year? he's been injuries last few now. obviously hes breaking down and his market isnt robust for a reason. he prob still wants 7-9 mill which is no for me

14 hours ago, NYRaider said:

The Giants were one of the worst teams in the league offensively in terms of being able to stay on the field and their pass rush fell off as well. The year prior when their offense was just middle of the pack in terms of time of possession and had better pass rushing numbers, Bradberry played at a Pro Bowl level. 

Is he an elite corner? Nope. But Hayward struggled during his final season in LA before rebounding with us. No one was going to pay him top 5 CB money and give up draft assets when it was all but guaranteed the Giants would have to cut him regardless. 

We literally have 2 CB's under contract after this season, Hobbs and Amik, and who knows if Amik will even make the team. 

If we do sign him I think that he'll definitely start on the outside with either Mullen/Ya-Shin opposite and Hobbs in the slot, or potentially Mullen opposite of him, Ya-Shin in the slot, and Hobbs at safety with Moehrig. 

Mullen is extremely injury prone and we're thin at corner as it is. I don't think Bradberry is some superstar player but I think that he's a proven veteran, quality starter, that has experience in the system. I'd love to add a guy like that and Bradberry's film in 2020 is better than the film that any CB we currently have on the roster has ever put up in any season of their career. 

This. This is what I've been thinking all offseason. I think it's why we didn't draft a safety and why we only really went after Honey Badger and only signed Harmon. Great ball skills and a good tackler. He would probably make a very good safety.

1 hour ago, roi34 said:

injuried last year? he's been injuries last few now. obviously hes breaking down and his market isnt robust for a reason. he prob still wants 7-9 mill which is no for me

Yeah he made $14M last season and legitimately didn't even really play for the Titans.

June 1st is only a few weeks away.. we have 5 mil cap space now with rookies factored in.. +$20m on June 1st would give us around $25m.. we could probably get Julio, Bradberry and a vet OT if we truly want to. 

Julio 1 yr/$8m + $2-4 mil incentives, Bradberry 1-2 yr/8-10 mil per and Smith/Reiff/Bulaga/D.Brown/Fisher at RT for 1 yr 4-5m or JC Tretter at C if they want to upgrade over Andre James and feel comfortable with Leatherwood/Parker at RT

I’d feel better overall with the quality of depth at WR, OL and CB groups with those moves and think we’d be true contenders. If Julio’s right, I think he’ll be a very solid #2, and he doesn’t have to be the guy here.. He’d potentially be the #3 or 4 option across from arguably the WR1 in the league, Top 5 TE, Top 3 slot WR. Good recipe for a bounce back year for him!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, JarrodR86 said:

June 1st is only a few weeks away.. we have 5 mil cap space now with rookies factored in.. +$20m on June 1st would give us around $25m.. we could probably get Julio, Bradberry and a vet OT if we truly want to. 

Julio 1 yr/$8m + $2-4 mil incentives, Bradberry 1-2 yr/8-10 mil per and Smith/Reiff/Bulaga/D.Brown/Fisher at RT for 1 yr 4-5m or JC Tretter at C if they want to upgrade over Andre James and feel comfortable with Leatherwood/Parker at RT

I’d feel better overall with the quality of depth at WR, OL and CB groups with those moves and think we’d be true contenders. If Julio’s right, I think he’ll be a very solid #2, and he doesn’t have to be the guy here.. He’d potentially be the #3 or 4 option across from arguably the WR1 in the league, Top 5 TE, Top 3 slot WR. Good recipe for a bounce back year for him!

I don't get the Julio love.  It must be from people who haven't watched him play over the last few seasons.  Don't get me wrong, as many of you know I have stated Julio in his prime is one of the best WR's of the last 25 years and will be a sure fire HOFer.  A true elite #1.  

That being said he is a broken down shell of who he was in his prime.  He can't stay on the field due to nagging injuries and every year he has hamstring issues that plague him throughout the season.  Hard pass on Julio when that money can go towards someone younger and who can stay on the field.  

If we are to go after any injury plagued WR give me a 28 year old speedster like Fuller who is still in his prime and we can most likely sign relatively cheap.