2022 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

10 minutes ago, Geezy said:

I’ve always thought ARob is the ideal WR for DC, I just don’t see us spending 20m on a WR after paying Crosby and probably DC. 

The Patriots signed Nelly to a 2 yr/$24M deal and Bourne to a 3 yr/$15M deal. I'd expect us to look for similar players with similar cap numbers. DJ Chark on a 2 yr/$24M deal and someone like Emmanuel Sanders on a 1 yr/$5M deal would be solid.

12 minutes ago, Geezy said:

I’d rather hit up WR in the draft and maybe get a guy like Myers or bring back Zay. I don’t think we need a superstar WR with Renfrow and Waller dominating targets. Going to be interesting can’t wait to see the new regimes philosophy play out. 

Someone like Will Fuller or MSV would add the speed element we desperately need without breaking the bank. JuJu is also a good fit for the scheme and will likely take a 1 yr prove it deal.

• Like 1

Also from everything I've read it seems like $40M is probably our max out in terms of the cap space we can generate with $5M needed for the rookies so around $35M to work with. I think that all but takes guys like Robinson and Jackson off the table.

Just now, NCOUGHMAN said:

Agree would you pay him 20mil

If we didn't have holes everywhere I'd consider it but we're just too thin across a number of different positions to pay him that if we're also extending Carr/Crosby this offseason. Would rather have a duo like Chark and Fuller/Sanders for $17-18M than Robinson at $20M. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Someone like Will Fuller or MSV would add the speed element we desperately need without breaking the bank. JuJu is also a good fit for the scheme and will likely take a 1 yr prove it deal.

Fuller and MSV would be good, if unexciting pick ups. I’d be down for them.

JuJu, not so much…  he lacks the speed we’re looking for and is a volume receiver which is not really what Carr does… also, semi-struggled on the outside. If he’s going to play in the slot, I’d 1000% prefer Renfrow  there.

7 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

JuJu, not so much…  he lacks the speed we’re looking for and is a volume receiver which is not really what Carr does… also, semi-struggled on the outside. If he’s going to play in the slot, I’d 1000% prefer Renfrow  there.

MSV is someone I've liked as a potential target, if we miss on Chark he's a cheaper alternative with a similar skillset. Wouldn't mind Sammy Watkins on a super cheap deal either.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

We need to drop the "what Carr does" narrative when it comes to the WR spot. This is more what McDaniel's does with his offense and Carr needs to work inside that framework.

JuJu is the type WR I could see thriving in McDaniels offense.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

We need to drop the "what Carr does" narrative when it comes to the WR spot. This is more what McDaniel's does with his offense and Carr needs to work inside that framework.

1 minute ago, FloydFan said:

I like Juju, some guys I'd rather have but I could see Juju being very good in McDaniels offense. Seems like one he is tailor made for.

Yeah JuJu's ability to operate over the middle and in the intermediate areas of the field are tailor made for what McDaniels loves to do.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Fair point on Carr.

I have opposite take though, I just don’t think JuJu is all that great and would not make as big an impact. We already have his prototype in Edwards. Never liked his game, he wasn’t good outside and we have a great slot already.

16 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

Fair point on Carr.

I have opposite take though, I just don’t think JuJu is all that great and would not make as big an impact. We already have his prototype in Edwards. Never liked his game, he wasn’t good outside and we have a great slot already.

I think JuJu's dip in production was also a result of the Steelers offense and how limited Ben was over the last couple of years.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

MSV is someone I've liked as a potential target, if we miss on Chark he's a cheaper alternative with a similar skillset. Wouldn't mind Sammy Watkins on a super cheap deal either.

That Baylor wr who had a 4.28 imo is a msv clone