Fire Maurice Drayton And Give MLF, Gute and Murphy The Ultimatum

LLcheesehead12

14 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Just seems like piling on

GB should have gotten out of this game where "the D won it for em in a defensive struggle"

Everyone saying he should have thrown it to someone besides Davante/Jones is putting their head in the sand when the fact is WHEN he targeted Davante it was exceptionally successful!

The bad plays were when he didn't target Davante!  Targetting Davante and Jones was the only "play" they tried, and it's also the only play that worked.

If it's the only thing they tried and the only thing that worked, why did they score 10 points? 

The plays that didn't go to Davante didn't with because they didn't go to Davante. They didn't go to Davante because Rodgers was trying to go to Davante, and when he couldn't get it there double clutching like crazy.

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

If it's the only thing they tried and the only thing that worked, why did they score 10 points? 

The plays that didn't go to Davante didn't with because they didn't go to Davante. They didn't go to Davante because Rodgers was trying to go to Davante, and when he couldn't get it there double clutching like crazy.

Rodgers really didn't miss anything till the 4th Q. You need to shift some blame to the crap route concepts we were going with, overall bland pace and pre-snap design.

Also LaFleur abandoning the run with a lead. He's equally to blame with Aaron.

With all that, I'm only giving the offense 20% of the blame, they did enough. Special teams deserves the entirety of the finger point. I don't see what's so damn hard to accept that.

• Like 1

Man, already almost 5 o' clock and Drayton still hasn't been fired

Every single one of these clowns from LaFleur on up are proving to be a bunch of hacks who don't care about it.

#FireEVERYONE campaign needs to start in titletown with every fan house and small business hanging such signs from the rafters

Just now, LLcheesehead12 said:

Every single one of these clowns from LaFleur on up are proving to be a bunch of hacks who don't care about it.

#FireEVERYONE campaign needs to start in titletown with every fan house and small business hanging such signs from the rafters

no one will be fired until exit interviews are done, and then it will happen

5 minutes ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

If you're actually being serious and not facetious - no - you simply need to chill out.

There's a process to this - has been for generations - and it doesnt include fan base pitchforks / torches or need for a pound of flesh/consequences. 

As I mentioned somewhere.....HC's get canned quickly because of the competition for the top guys. ST Coodinators aren't in such hot demand. There's time to sift through the candidates. I suspect MLF has been on the phone with potential candidates already....if not, he's got a list. 

Drayton's toast. No way he survives.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I might be in the minority, but my conspiracy theory is that Lafleur isn't abandoning the run, Rodgers is. Lafleur calls in a running play, Rodgers sees something and audibles out of it. Lafleur doesn't want to admit it because then the whole "Rodgers hates Lafleur" dynamic gets spun in the media, so he takes the blame for it.

Edited by pgwingman

13 minutes ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

You should go door to door with that hashtag. Everyone will be wishing you were a Jehovah's Witness by the time you are through.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

With all that, I'm only giving the offense 20% of the blame, they did enough. Special teams deserves the entirety of the finger point. I don't see what's so damn hard to accept that.

I'm thinking of it slightly differently. Just for a moment, assume the points given up by the ST were just given up by the defense. If you told me our defense had only given up 13 points, I'd still say we'd have a 90% chance of winning. If you had told me our offense had only scored 10 points, I'd say we have a 90% chance of losing. 

It's a little bit of mental gymnastics, but that's why I'm more critical of the offense instead of the special teams.

• Like 2

Just now, pgwingman said:

I'm thinking of it slightly differently. Just for a moment, assume the points given up by the ST were just given up by the defense. If you told me our defense had only given up 13 points, I'd still say we'd have a 90% chance of winning. If you had told me our offense had only scored 10 points, I'd say we have a 90% chance of losing. 

It's a little bit of mental gymnastics, but that's why I'm more critical of the offense instead of the special teams.

Thats not a bad observation.......

24 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Rodgers really didn't miss anything till the 4th Q. You need to shift some blame to the crap route concepts we were going with, overall bland pace and pre-snap design.

Why are we evaluating performance based on percentage of blame?

The offense averaged sub 1 points per possession. 

The grade is an F

• Like 5

1 minute ago, skibrett15 said:

except that 3 points were taken from the offense by STs

OK in that case, just assume the offense scores 13 points. Do you think that improves our chances of winning?

I'm not trying to absolve the special teams of all blame, i'm just trying frame the question in a different light.

4 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Why are we evaluating performance based on percentage of blame?

The offense averaged sub 1 points per possession. 

The grade is an F

Because it is the playoffs, don't care what your grade is, we still should be playing because the defense was great and the offense did enough.

39 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

No dog in this fight, but 13 points (if FG isn't blocked) is not good enough in the playoffs. The MVP QB has to put up more than 13 points. I'd say 50% offense 50% special teams. My reasoning is if the offense did their job, the special teams gaffes wouldn't be a conversation other than it would be the 18 week in a row they've sucked.