Fire Maurice Drayton And Give MLF, Gute and Murphy The Ultimatum

LLcheesehead12

10 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Because it is the playoffs, don't care what your grade is, we still should be playing because the defense was great and the offense did enough.

It literally didn’t , I don’t know what’s so hard to grasp.

If you’re being literal, they didn’t score enough to win.

If you’re being theoretical, 13 points is not doing enough by any stretch of the imagination.

Only in la-la land where you take the literally great performance of the defense and then add a theoretical STs performance the offense did enough. It’s just delusional.

• Like 1

Very easy exercise.

Its Saturday morning before the game and I tell you that:

- The offense will have a TD drive and 2 FG drives and the defense and ST have to play well enough to win that game. Would you take it?

- The defense will give up 2 FG drives all game, and the offense and ST have to play well enough to win the game. Would you take it?

- STs will miss a FG and get a punt blocked for a TD. Offense and defense have to play well enough to win the game. Would you take it?

Answer which ones of these would you take and that’s the answer about who “did enough” to win.

17 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Because it is the playoffs, don't care what your grade is, we still should be playing because the defense was great and the offense did enough.

Did enough to do what? 13 points is ****ty as hell, and that's giving them the benefit of the doubt of the missed FG. 

13 points losses (or ties in our case) every playoff game this year.

53 minutes ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

No I mean fire everyone in the coaching staff, front office, and Mark Murphy.  Fire everyone and hit the total reset button!

This is a hair too much of a knee jerk reaction. Fire a coach that just put up 3 x 13 win seasons, a GM who managed to put together the club he did with an extremely conservative board to deal with. Not a great take, really in business which this is you need to really look at the totality of things. One of which will be how much money did they make? If what is working bring in money, guess what's going on in the future:) 

28 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

The Offense did ENOUGH?   They did enough in the first half of the last Lions game too you'll tell us next.

The offense fought and had some wins and too many fails.  The O-Line (what we were left with) was tasked with a tough match up, Jones played his heart out, D Adams was great as he always is.  TE's sucked.  Rodgers sucked.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StinkySauce said:

I mean, obviously he wasn't the reason they lost.  

It's mental gymnastics to say he wasn't a reason they lost.

Of course he wasn't the only reason they lost. That isn't a thing in football.

But saying, "He shouldn't be getting a ton of flack because if everybody else has performed perfectly we would have won" is such an illogical argument I can't even take it seriously. 

That's just flat out simping for the man.

Edited by AlexGreen#20
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

Amari R has so far mostly been relegated to punt returns which is not where he should be.  I'm willing to give him a little leeway to develop as a WR because he still might pan out even if he's no Justin Jefferson.

But Deguara and EqSB have definitely got to go.  They wouldn't be starting on a single other roster in this league.

Everyone wants to give Gute credit for rebuilding the defense but people refuse to acknowledge the fact that he has been pretty bad when it comes to drafting on the offensive side of the ball. His strength has primarily been in free agency.

2018:

J'Mon Moore - Bust

Cole Madison- backup quality at best/bust

MVS - Below average starter

ESB - bust

2019:

Elgton Jenkins: great pick, potential all pro

Jace Sternberger : bust

Dexter Williams: bust

2020:

Jordan Love - Hasn't seen the field enough to justify first round selection

AJ Dillon - good player, bad value for 2nd round

Josiah Deguara - bust

Jon Runyan - below average starter so far

Jake Hanson - bust

Simon Stepaniak - bust

2021:

Josh Myers - Below average so far, might be good

Amari Rodgers - very bad to this point, not ready to declare bust but it doesnt look promising so far

Royce Newman - he has just been flat olut awful

Cole Van Lanen - never saw the field even with all the injuries on the OL

Kylin Hill - barely saw the field

18 players taken on offense over the last 3 years and only 5 of them have been what I would consider above replacement level players. When it comes to those 5 players only Jenkins and Dillon have produced on the field at an above average level. MVS hasn't proven he deserves a 2nd contract. Myers and Runyan its too early to make a determination yet. Obviously I'm not expecting him to hit on every pick or even 50% of his picks but so far his track record when drafting on offense has been very sub-par.

17 minutes ago, 15412 said:

The Offense did ENOUGH?   They did enough in the first half of the last Lions game too you'll tell us next.

The offense fought and had some wins and too many fails.  The O-Line (what we were left with) was tasked with a tough match up, Jones played his heart out, D Adams was great as he always is.  TE's sucked.  Rodgers sucked.

Need an upgrade from Deguara. He makes one "Rudy" play in college and Lafleur falls in love with him for his "try hard". He's just not talented. The Oline was overrated going into the playoffs--losing Jenkins in season hurt alot and in my 20/20 hindsight, they should have taken Creed Humphrey instead of Josh Myers. Rodgers did suck in this game, and I've not heard him admit it as of yet. Just an "I'm above going through a rebuild." I'd love to still have him, but obviously not if he doesn't want to be here.

Edited by DWhitehurst

1 hour ago, skibrett15 said:

he made a play to Jones late in the first and a deep crosser to Davante for 25.

The only argument I'm fighting here is "Rodgers is the reason we lost"

Clearly he's part of the losing effort.  By my measure his play was like the 3rd or 4th biggest reason.

I feel ya man. I think a lot are assigning too much blame towards Aaron. 

Damn shame this team couldn’t get it done. 

4 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Everyone wants to give Gute credit for rebuilding the defense but people refuse to acknowledge the fact that he has been pretty bad when it comes to drafting on the offensive side of the ball. His strength has primarily been in free agency.

2018:

J'Mon Moore - Bust

Cole Madison- backup quality at best/bust

MVS - Below average starter

ESB - bust

2019:

Elgton Jenkins: great pick, potential all pro

Jace Sternberger : bust

Dexter Williams: bust

2020:

Jordan Love - Hasn't seen the field enough to justify first round selection

AJ Dillon - good player, bad value for 2nd round

Josiah Deguara - bust

Jon Runyan - below average starter so far

Jake Hanson - bust

Simon Stepaniak - bust

2021:

Josh Myers - Below average so far, might be good

Amari Rodgers - very bad to this point, not ready to declare bust but it doesnt look promising so far

Royce Newman - he has just been flat olut awful

Cole Van Lanen - never saw the field even with all the injuries on the OL

Kylin Hill - barely saw the field

18 players taken on offense over the last 3 years and only 5 of them have been what I would consider above replacement level players. When it comes to those 5 players only Jenkins and Dillon have produced on the field at an above average level. MVS hasn't proven he deserves a 2nd contract. Myers and Runyan its too early to make a determination yet. Obviously I'm not expecting him to hit on every pick or even 50% of his picks but so far his track record when drafting on offense has been very sub-par.

You're telling me that his hit rate with non premium picked is around 25%? You understand that's phenomenal right? 

It's probably only really good when you look at the positions selected, but this isn't the problem.

4 minutes ago, DWhitehurst said:

Need an upgrade from Deguara. He makes one "Rudy" play in college and Lafleur falls in love with him for his "try hard". He's just not talented. The Oline was overrated going into the playoffs--losing Jenkins in season hurt alot and in my 20/20 hindsight, they should have taken Creed Humphrey instead of Josh Meyers. Rodgers did suck in this game, and I've not heard him admit it as of yet. 

Deguara is an H Back that got tapped to play B End. I'm not going to say he's playing it of position but he was playing out of role. 

Both Davante and Lazard are really good football players, but it you were to swap their roles, neither would be half as good.

No **** they should have taken Creed Humphrey in hindsight. Bold ******* take you've got there.

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

You're telling me that his hit rate with non premium picked is around 25%? You understand that's phenomenal right? 

It's probably only really good when you look at the positions selected, but this isn't the problem.

I expect more production from 3 draft classes worth of players. Only 2 of them have seen the field with any consistency while Myers and Runyan I'm being cautiously optimistic about, they could still be bad. Fact of the matter is our best guys on offense were not drafted by Gute. Rodgers, Jones, Bak, and Adams were all drafted by TT, and those are just the guys still on the team from this year.

6 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Deguara is an H Back that got tapped to play B End. I'm not going to say he's playing it of position but he was playing out of role. 

Both Davante and Lazard are really good football players, but it you were to swap their roles, neither would be half as good.

No **** they should have taken Creed Humphrey in hindsight. Bold ******* take you've got there.

Deguara is an undersized TE that can't block and has stone hands. You wanna know why Rodgers targeted Adams so much against San Fran? Because he's the best WR on the planet, and he's better than the rest of our pass catchers combined. You get that guy the ball as much as you can. You like to slam Rodgers for missing one throw to Lazard but refuse to acknowledge that when he did throw it to Deguara the guy dropped it when nobody was within 10 yards of him.

26 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

It's mental gymnastics to say he wasn't a reason they lost.

[...]

But saying, "He shouldn't be getting a ton of flack because if everybody else has performed perfectly we would have won" is such an illogical argument I can't even take it seriously. 

Every single point SF scored with the possible exception of the last three points came from ST meltdowns . . . you don't want to consider that as a logical argument?