Fire Maurice Drayton And Give MLF, Gute and Murphy The Ultimatum

LLcheesehead12

1 hour ago, StinkySauce said:

If the final score was 13-0, GB wins, you'd be looking at this more rationally.  13-0 isn't a stretch.  I'm also ignoring Marcedes' fumble on an early promising drive.  

I'd be thrilled they won but I would still be concerned that the offense was sputtering. The Packers have "had the Rams number" but they're still a good defense and (at the end of Saturday night) still potentially had to contend with Buffalo and KC's defenses.

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

You're just not going to win very often with bad days from a 30+ million dollar QB. You need your 30+ million dollar QB to string together 3 good games, or hope and pray that his bad game lines up with another team's bad day

Umm considering the 49ers offense never even reached the end zone and their QB threw more picks than ours, I'd say it did.

Special teams were single handedly garbage and every team that wins Super bowls has elite special teams units.

6 minutes ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

How bout getting that unit to number 1?  See, you are putting way too much of a low bar on this thing.  We can't settle for that, we gotta demand number 1 and to have the next Desmond Howard on this team.  Anything less is unacceptable!!!

...yeah that's pretty much a thing that doesn't matter AT ALL since the kickoff rule change.

17 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

WR is not and will never be a team's biggest position of need. It's not a premium position. 

We have a new DC and play a **** ton of 3 down lineman. We need a 3T.

We're probably losing both Smith's, and even if you do only lose one, you still need a 3rd edge rusher. 

It's not a premium position to you. The rest of the league disagrees. WR was tied for the most picked position in the first round the last 2 drafts. The 3rd highest paid position in the sport is WR, barely behind edge rusher by less than a million. Even if you don't think its our highest positional need, from a financial standpoint we are going to need atleast 2 in this upcoming draft so we have some degree of stability. I do agree we need a third edge rusher.

Edited by StatKing
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

Umm considering the 49ers offense never even reached the end zone and their QB threw more picks than ours, I'd say it did.

Special teams were single handedly garbage and every team that wins Super bowls has elite special teams units.

That's just absurdly wrong.

By DVOA:

2020 Bucs - 26th ranked unit

2019 KC - 2nd ranked unit

2018 Pats - 16th ranked unit

2017 Eagles - 16th ranked unit

2016 Pats - 8th ranked unit

2015 Broncos - 14th ranked unit

2014 Pats - 5th ranked unit

2013 Seahawks - 5th ranked unit

2012 Ravens - 1st ranked unit

2011 Giants - 16th ranked unit

2010 Packers - 26th ranked unit

2009 Saints - 28th ranked unit

2008 Steelers - 23rd ranked unit

2007 Giants - 20th ranked unit

2006 Colts - 25th ranked unit

2005 Steelers - 10th ranked unit

2004 Pats - 16th ranked unit

2003 Pats - 16th ranked unit

2002 Bucs - 9th ranked unit 

2001 Pats - 6th ranked unit

2000 Ravens - 3rd ranked unit

Edited by Striker
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Is it? How many games did we lose because of ST this year? It doesn't take a drastic shift to get this unit from 32nd to 20th. 

This philosophy has been unfathomably successful for the last decade and a half. 

We literally just lost one because of it. Even if you want to assign 90% of the blame to the offense, the only TD the Niners scored was on.... Special teams. Not to mention they gave up a huge return that set them up for another 3 points. Regardless of what your offense and defense do you aren't going to win many games when your ST unit gives up 10 points. 

Thats not even mentioning the Bengals game where it almost cost us a win missing 4 field goals or the Bears game where they scored 27 before half because the Bears ran a punt back and had plus field position on the other 3 drives due to returns. While it may seem insignificant special teams is quite literally the third phase of the game, just because they don't touch the ball as much as the offense or defense doesn't mean they aren't equally as important.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Striker said:

By DVOA:

So .... What's the average rank of all that?

So, in counting those up, 15/21 had a ranking of 16 or higher.  And there are quite a few top 10 units in there, so I stand by my statement.

WR/TE talent is pretty far down the list of reasons GB lost to SF (other than the Lewis fumble).  The film shows pretty clearly that Rodgers had guys to thrown to on many of the plays where he was force the ball to Adams and Jones.  The receivers not named Adams can't produce if Rodgers isn't going to throw them the ball when they are open.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Striker said:

By DVOA:

You don't have to have an elite special teams unit. They just can't be comically bad, which the Packers unit most definitely was.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

WR/TE talent is pretty far down the list of reasons GB lost to SF (other than the Lewis fumble).  The film shows pretty clearly that Rodgers had guys to thrown to on many of the plays where he was force the ball to Adams and Jones.  The receivers not named Adams can't produce if Rodgers isn't going to throw them the ball when they are open.

Poor spacing, lack of play creativity and route depth were other major issues discovered in the All 22. Not having a YAC specialty WR sorta explains why the ball was being forced to Jones so much.

Yes, Rodgers relies on Adams far too much from a presnap perspective, but it's not like there are many options available.

Edited by Howler
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, StatKing said:

These people just want Rodgers gone at all costs. Rodgers could have completed 90% of his passes with 3 tds and they would still bring up one throw he missed and blame the entire game on him. They've been waiting for this moment all year. They were still talking about trading him even if we won the Super Bowl this year. 

Unfortunately you’re right. This obsessive hatred towards Rodgers for some is just strange. Weird way to be a fan. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Need your MVP to not fold under pressure. It's part of playing QB. 

I know I'm probably out of the club now but I'm legit not as mad at Rodgers as I thought I would be watching this stupid thing again. 

Obviously ST is horrible.. But **** after that first drive, I still felt golden and then it's like he shut off after Lewis. 

But it also felt like we played for the Jimmy error. So **** MLF. 

All brake, no gas. Then we won't use another RB. 

I should have never watched this.

All I know is I'm ready to move on for the sake of my liver/sanity

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Unfortunately you’re right. This obsessive hatred towards Rodgers for some is just strange. Weird way to be a fan. 

It's called expectations. He's not Jimmy G. He's Aaron ******* Rodgers.. Sorry it makes you guys sad that I expect more from the 'possible' GOAT. Maybe next year the defense can have them at -60 yards at half with 90% TOP so can score more than 7.

Y'all serious? 

• Like 4