Moretti's Playoff Loss Mock

moretti19

Tough tough loss yesterday. Defense played so well and we have legit young stars moving forward in Elgton Jenkins (future Left Tackle), Rashan Gary and Jaire Alexander.

Cuts:

Zadarius Smith - Such a great player and really enjoyed watching him dominate and be a leader.

Randall Cobb - Did not have the impact we wanted but he has been a great player and leader for us during his time here.

Preston Smith - Had a great year and really did well in the run defense. Just a cap casualty.

Mason Crosby - He will be cut or retire

Trades:

Oakland and Denver will be the hot team everyone thinks Rogers will go to........ Suprise Suprise

Steelers trade for Both David Bahktiari and Aaron Rogers.

2022 1st, 2nd

2023 1st

2024 1st

1285826055.0.jpg

Greenbay then tags and trades Davante Adams to Oakland for their 1st and 4th round pick.

USATSI_9008607.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

Resign / Extend:

Extend Dean Lowry

Extend Kenny Clark

Extend Jaire Alexander

Extend Billy Turner

Free Agents:

None or no big names. Going to be a challenge to get any top guys to come here during a rebuild without over paying them. 

Draft:

Round 1:  20th Steelers, 22th Raiders, 28th pick

20th: 

Florida State image Jermaine Johnson*, DE, Florida State
Height: 6-4. Weight: 255.
Projected 40 Time: 4.65.
Projected Round (2022): 1-2.
View Ranking History

1/15/22: Johnson totaled 70 tackles, 11.5 sacks, two forced fumbles and two passes batted in 2021. He made big plays in run defense and the pass rush. Johnson was a high-effort player for the Seminoles, making a lot of stops in the ground game along with putting steady pressure on the quarterback.

183563c754314b078982f0c16cffa720.jpg

RD 1 #22

Iowa image Tyler Linderbaum*, C, Iowa
Height: 6-3. Weight: 290.
Projected 40 Time: 5.1.
View Ranking History

12/11/21: Linderbaum is a very polished and well-rounded player. The 6-foot-3, 290-pounder plays with good leverage and demonstrates advanced hand placement. He is able to sink his hips to anchor against bull rushes while showing quickness and agility to adjust to speed. Linderbaum looks like a safe pick to become a quality starter in the NFL, and he could be selected in the back half of the first round if he enters the 2022 NFL Draft.

?uuid=34753e1a-a410-52c0-b354-bee7f5c8dd

Rd 1: #28

Alabama image Jameson Williams*, WR, Alabama
Height: 6-2. Weight: 189.
Projected 40 Time: 4.48.
View Ranking History

12/4/21: The Ohio State transfer has been an electric playmaker for the Crimson Tide this season, averaging 20.7 yards per catch for 1,261 yards and 13 touchdowns on 51 catches. The 6-foot-2, 189-pound Williams has quality height and explosive speed alongside suddenness and a burst that catches defensive backs by surprise. On any play, Williams is a threat to score because he is extremely fast, allowing him to take the top off of defenses and tilt coverage his direction. He could be an elite deep threat receiver in the NFL. With his fabulous 2021 season, Williams has put himself in contention to be a late first-round or early second-round pick in the 2022 NFL Draft.

Jameson-Williams6.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Round 2: Packers have theirs and Steelers picks

Steelers pick:

. USC image Drake London**, WR, USC
Height: 6-5. Weight: 210.
Projected 40 Time: 4.53.
Projected Round (2022): 2-3.
View Ranking History

12/4/21: London hauled in 88 receptions for 1,084 yards and seven touchdowns in his eight-game 2021 before suffering a season-ending ankle fracture. This was a devastating injury for London because it will probably keep him from running at the combine and impact his pre-draft workouts. He needed those opportunities to attempt to dispel any worries about his ability to run at the next level.

USATSI_15172674.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

RD 2 Packers Pick:

. Iowa State image Charlie Kolar, TE, Iowa State
Height: 6-6. Weight: 257.
Projected 40 Time: .
Projected Round (2022): 2-3.
View Ranking History

12/4/21: Kolar was held out of the 2021 season opener with an injury, but has come back to put together a solid senior year for Iowa State. Kolar has 58 receptions for 723 yards and five touchdowns in 2021. He could rise with a strong week at the Senior Bowl.

280e98b4-8032-4197-b950-ee38f79a6f7f-USA

Round 3:

Georgia image Quay Walker, ILB/LB, Georgia
Height: 6-3. Weight: 245.
Projected 40 Time: 4.75.
Projected Round (2022): 3-5.
View Ranking History

1/15/22: Team sources think Walker's play was a bit off in 2021. He has the tools physically, but he does not play up to them. They view him as a mid-rounder who will get drafted because of his combination of height, weight and speed, but he is not as good of a player as he could be. In 2021, he recorded 49 tackles, a 1.5 sacks and a pass broken up.

RMUNZZYRLNGULPI3NR646ICFQI.jpg?fit=640,3

Round 4:

Kentucky image Yusuf Corker, S, Kentucky
Height: 6-0. Weight: 203.
Projected 40 Time: 4.5.
Projected Round (2022): 3-4.
View Ranking History

12/11/21: Corker has played well for Kentucky in 2021, including a really impressive game against Missouri. He has 74 tackles, one sack and eight passes defended on the year.

7/17/21: Corker was solid, but not overly impressive, for Kentucky in 2021. He needs to make more splash plays in coverage to rise for the 2022 NFL Draft, but he is a reliable coverage safety in the deep part of the field. Corker was a dependable tackler and run defender for Kentucky in 2019, which was his first season as a starter. Teams project Corker more as a free safety for the NFL

Dl4NMYUA_400x400.jpg

Round 5:

Minnesota image Esezi Otomewo, DT/3-4DE, Minnesota
Height: 6-5. Weight: 292.
Projected 40 Time: 4.9.
Projected Round (2022): 5-7.
View Ranking History

1/15/22: Otomewo had 30 tackles and three sacks in 2021.

Esezi_Otomewo_0249.jpg

Round 6:

Boise State image Khalil Shakir*, WR/, Boise State
Height: 6-0. Weight: 187.
Projected 40 Time: 4.45.
Projected Round (2022): 4-6.
View Ranking History

12/4/21: Shakir has 77 catches for 1,117 yards and seven touchdowns at this point in 2021.

6/26/21: Shakir has speed and quality height to be a sleeper receiver who could rise in 2021. He produced well for the Broncos the past two seasons and was a steady source of big plays. He has upside to rise.

1292311589.jpeg

Round 7:

Arizona image Lucas Havrisik, K, Arizona
Height: 6-2. Weight: 187.
Projected 40 Time: .
Projected Round (2022): 6-FA.
View Ranking History

1/22/22: Havrisik had a rough start to the 2021 season, missing three field goals over his first eight attempts. He rallied after that, however, going 9-of-14 and hitting an impressive long of 57 yards.

073019_FB_Practice_edited_10_71.jpg

Edited by moretti19

2 minutes ago, moretti19 said:

I have Jenkins as the Left Tackle. 

Just an FYI on this too. Jenkins is going to be coming off of an ACL and a free agent after next season. I'm not sure I agree with that decision. I'd be very excited about an interior o-line of Runyan, Myers and Jenkins. 

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Just an FYI on this too. Jenkins is going to be coming off of an ACL and a free agent after next season. I'm not sure I agree with that decision. I'd be very excited about an interior o-line of Runyan, Myers and Jenkins. 

I think he will want to play LT knowing he can make a TON more money and that he has proven to be capable of it. 

2 minutes ago, moretti19 said:

I think he will want to play LT knowing he can make a TON more money and that he has proven to be capable of it. 

Again, unless he thinks he's getting elite LT money the money isn't too far away.  And Jenkins wasn't that great at LT.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I think it would be:  Jenkins, Myers & Runyan...no?  :)

24 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Don’t see Drake London falling that far in the second. Linderbaum likely goes earlier as well.

Think Drake London is an late first, early second even before the injury.  Probably agree with Linderbaum, but the earliest a center has been drafted was 18th (Maurkice Pouncey, Ryan Kelly, and Garrett Bradburry).  Seems like that 14-20 is his sweet spot.