Dune: Part 2 (Villeneuve}

vike daddy

Speaking with Total Film, Villeneuve revealed that the only way to properly capture all this action, which will of course also include giant sandworm-riding, was to shoot 100% of Dune: Part Two with IMAX cameras.

Villeneuve: "It was, by far, one of the most technically complex scenes I have done in my life."

https://movieweb.com/dune-part-two-more-action-film-denis-villeneuve/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_campaign=EchoBox-MW&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR2VwwTjS3WL_CvYprbVoj-yZcaqQB0y-MvEfXDSKrus-u3hCf3vt1jnfwo#Echobox=1701791078

Director Denis Villeneuve has confirmed that development on a third Dune movie, Dune Messiah, is moving along nicely, with the script now “almost finished.” However, while the script may be close to completion, and while the filmmaker does hope to return to Arrakis one last time, we could be waiting some time before seeing Dune Messiah in theaters.

Villeneuve: “Dune Messiah is being written right now, the screenplay is almost finished but it is not 'finished' it will take a little time. I don't know exactly when I will go back to Arrakis - but my dream would be go a last time on this planet that I love. If I succeed in making a trilogy, that would be the dream. Dune Messiah was written in reaction to the fact that people perceived Paul Atreides as a hero. Which is not what he wanted to do. My adaptation is closer to his idea that it's actually a warning. I will say, there are words on paper."

https://movieweb.com/dune-3-script-almost-finished-denis-villeneuve-final-sequel/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_campaign=EchoBox-MW&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR1kwi0gwqiNAQDW5OtHZVi07xDcfhSbcG9qhyNAuRlE4m32EJ1ViIVc2wQ#Echobox=1702051946

• Like 2

Denis Villeneuve is gearing up for his longest film yet. Dune: Part Two is returning to Arrakis with a greater runtime than the first film. Collider confirmed that the sequel will run for 166 minutes, which makes it 11 minutes longer than the first film.  

The film was originally set to release in November, but was later moved to mid March 2024. Now, Dune: Part Two is releasing on March 1, 2024.

https://hypebeast.com/2023/12/dune-part-two-runtime-revealed-denis-villeneuves-longest-film-ever-zendaya-timothee-chalamet-florence-pugh-austin-butler?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_campaign=facebook_post&utm_medium=social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR0EDbexNG3dFP2YeropRlOuaWW9Ecpjpj6qhGWxK1U2RaxTYMCB0RKQo64#Echobox=1702443258

• Like 2

Honestly, when this is all said and done if he does the third film, they should go back and use the six hour version of the first and the longer versions of 2 and 3 and make it into an extended miniseries.  I think it'd work a lot better and would provide a good ROI as a Max feature.

• 2 months later...