Bears Hire Ryan Poles as GM & Matt Eberflus as HC

Madmike90

11 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I'm not sure George has the luxury of picking guys just to say they were his picks...I just think he has to pick the best two guys...if that is the Indy guys then so be it...if it's one of them but not the other or neither of them and two totally different guys then again all good as long as we pick the guys who truly give us the best chance of achieving our goals. 

I agree - whatever gives us the best team. I’m not convinced the Indy guys are head and shoulders above any of the other guys. I think a lot of these guys are pretty equally qualified. 

10 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I agree - whatever gives us the best team. I’m not convinced the Indy guys are head and shoulders above any of the other guys. I think a lot of these guys are pretty equally qualified. 

I agree with that...I don't think there is a true standout candidate at either GM or HC this year...that's why I think we might play it a bit safer and get some more experienced guys in like the Indy pair...as I have said guys like Poles and Leftwich really intrigue me because I think they could be great but they just don't have as much history to judge them off...it's a tough call to know which ones will go on to do better.

Just now, Madmike90 said:

I agree with that...I don't think there is a true standout candidate at either GM or HC this year...that's why I think we might play it a bit safer and get some more experienced guys in like the Indy pair...as I have said guys like Poles and Leftwich really intrigue me because I think they could be great but they just don't have as much history to judge them off...it's a tough call to know which ones will go on to do better.

Daboll or Leftwich would be ideal for Fields IMO. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AZBearsFan said:

Daboll or Leftwich would be ideal for Fields IMO. 

Daboll would be perfect because he has developed a QB with similar strengths and weaknesses but I just think he is out of our reach and ends up in NY...Leftwich and the "no risk it no biscuit" vertical offence I think would be a perfect fit for him...

I would prefer one of these guys to any of the defensive guys because the rules says offence is more important in todays NFL...

That said I also think culture is a massive thing and Eberflus gives you that...if you feel you can get the same out of Daboll or Leftwich they should be the pick. 

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

Daboll would be perfect because he has developed a QB with similar strengths and weaknesses but I just think he is out of our reach and ends up in NY...Leftwich and the "no risk it no biscuit" vertical offence I think would be a perfect fit for him...

I would prefer one of these guys to any of the defensive guys because the rules says offence is more important in todays NFL...

That said I also think culture is a massive thing and Eberflus gives you that...if you feel you can get the same out of Daboll or Leftwich they should be the pick. 

I haven’t read anything but good things locker room wise about Daboll or Leftwich. And you’re right - offense wins in the modern NFL.

2 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I haven’t read anything but good things locker room wise about Daboll or Leftwich. And you’re right - offense wins in the modern NFL.

Same here but who knows what is being asked and said in those rooms...whatever it was Eberflus clearly impressed with his answers...hopefully Leftwich & Daboll did too.

2 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Same here but who knows what is being asked and said in those rooms...whatever it was Eberflus clearly impressed with his answers...hopefully Leftwich & Daboll did too.

I suspect Eberflus got the notice of 2nd interview because JAX was doing the same and they wanted to preserve the chance. It getting pushed back only strengthens that thought for me. 

3 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I suspect Eberflus got the notice of 2nd interview because JAX was doing the same and they wanted to preserve the chance. It getting pushed back only strengthens that thought for me. 

I suspect it has been pushed back because they want a GM in place before those 2nd interviews...it's the smart move to make...

I think Eberflus has earned the 2nd interview though...Jax haven't even named another finalist at this point which goes to show they rate him.

I believe that with Poles getting a 2nd look this means that Daboll is still in play for us.

The two know each other when both worked for the KC Chiefs in 2012 and Poles was born and raised about 30 mins from Rochester NY where Daboll attended university.

I believe these 2 guys are a match

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Albert Breer

@AlbertBreer

6m

Source: The Giants are slated to interview Cowboys defensive coordinator Dan Quinn for their head coaching job on Monday in East Rutherford.

Casting the net wide is good for us.

Agreed. At minimum, them now being thorough in their HC interviews allows us to catch up on the GM front and make the same pitches at the same time with the same structure in place, but also with Fields to offer. 

8 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Kap sounds like a whiny ***** and a meatball. Most teams do a broad search, especially for GM. 

My only beef with the process is that had we fired Pace once we were eliminated from playoff contention like we should have we would already be done with it. 

8 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Kap is the definition of a guy who gets paid to say this franchise is wrong no matter what they do...had we interviewed 3 GM candidates and 4 HC candidates and hired someone after 6 days he would have said we rushed into the search and didn't do enough research...now that we are taking our time and looking at all options he says we don't know what we are doing and just fumbling around in the dark...it's just his job and probably not even his actual opinion.

I don't agree with any of that. He's a bit of a meatball -- true -- but he's as passionate a Bears fan as you can imagine.

I remember him betting his co-host that Trubisky was going to throw 5 TDs against the Buccaneers in 2018, and he nailed it.

1 hour ago, G08 said:

I don't agree with any of that. He's a bit of a meatball -- true -- but he's as passionate a Bears fan as you can imagine.

I remember him betting his co-host that Trubisky was going to throw 5 TDs against the Buccaneers in 2018, and he nailed it.

I also remember him declaring Nagy would win a Super Bowl as HC of the Bears

He's a meatball. He panders to the negative crowd, and I've been super pessimistic lately about the franchise, but saying this search is a s*** show because some boner told him it *seems* like one is nonsense. Further, he would've crushed them had they hired a GM and HC within a week too. He's a joke

• Like 1

Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet

·

1h

#Saints coach Sean Payton has not committed to returning to New Orleans for 2022. And many close to him don’t know what he’ll do.

Could the dream still be alive? Worth a call...in saying that I think Jerry might open the chequebook down in Dallas if he does want to leave.

Edited by Madmike90