Bears Hire Ryan Poles as GM & Matt Eberflus as HC

Madmike90

On 1/10/2022 at 8:35 AM, beardown3231 said:

I'd take a long look at Brian Flores

The Dolphins firing Flores is just plain bizarre. What were they thinking? 

21 hours ago, topwop1 said:

As I've been saying Bears could do a lot worse than Dougie.

Are you saying you'd be opposed to a GM/HC combo of Rick Spielman and Doug Pederson?

Sign me up all day

Works for me. I can't believe the Vikings fired Spielman. I don't get that one at all. Yeah, the results haven't been the best lately, but I always got the impression they were sort of in it for the long haul. 

4 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

@MikeGiardi

16m

Josh McDaniels tells us he "knows nothing" about any head coaching interview requests. #Patriots OC might be left out in the cold again.

Looks like it won't be McDaniels...real shame no one seems to be interviewing him...maybe they feel he is locked in for NE moving forward.

Everyone is probably afraid that if Belichick retires, McDaniels would bolt to New England. Or, maybe everyone is smart enough to know McDaniels is a flake, and a loon.

19 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

@AdamSchefter

· 24m

Bears requested an interview with the Buffalo Bills’ assistant general manager Joe Schoen for their GM job, per source.

This is good news as well...#2 for me behind Dodds.

Schoen and Daboll. Probably the best possible combo/outcome we've heard thus far. 

Edited by Heinz D.
  • Like 1

Just now, Madmike90 said:

Joe Judge out in NY...makes that job attractive but not as much as ours...really interesting that we seem to be getting first dibs on all these GM candidates...Giants have only asked to speak with one guy we have...Vikes have been slow off the mark.

They fired Judge...after coming out with a statement saying they wouldn't

Wow. Them's some downright toxic goings-on, there in NYC...

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Schoen and Daboll. Probably the best possible combo/outcome we've heard thus far. 

For me it would be Dodds & Leftwich just based off what George said about wanting leadership & toughness...I think Dodds could build the physical offence that Leftwich currently has in TB and I think Fields would be best in a vertical offence...

Schoen & Daboll would be an excellent pairing as well just a tick behind for me but it's close.

• Like 1

That's crazy to think this guy has been the GM/HC for over 20 years with the most successful franchise in history and not a single one of his protege's have a HC job.

And this folks is why I say we should stay away from McDaniels, Flores, or and any other coach from the Belichick tree.

• Like 1

Aaron Leming

@AaronLemingNFL

·

52s

How I’d rank the #Bears GM candidates so far in terms of my “want level”:

1. Ed Dodds

2. Rick Smith

3. Joe Schoen

4. Morocco Brown

5. Kwesi Adofo-Mesnah

6. Glenn Cook

7. Jeff Ireland

8. Ran Carthon

Swap Smith & Schoen and this would be my list as well...only concern with Smith would be him having been out the game for a few years...top 3 are well ahead of the others IMO.

24 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Giants don't have a QB to build around, unless the new FO believes in Daniel Jones, but they do have 2 top-7 picks combined with alot of capital:  2-36, 3-67, 3-81, 4-109, 5-145, 5-170, and 6-182.

The Giants said they were rolling with Jones. But...they said that about Judge, too. So, who knows? 

31 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

For me it would be Dodds & Leftwich just based off what George said about wanting leadership & toughness...I think Dodds could build the physical offence that Leftwich currently has in TB and I think Fields would be best in a vertical offence...

Schoen & Daboll would be an excellent pairing as well just a tick behind for me but it's close.

Just saying that Schoen and Daboll is a more natural pairing, being as they're from the same organization, and all. 

Dodds and Leftwich would be close, but maybe not as likely to happen. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

Joe Judge out in NY...makes that job attractive but not as much as ours...really interesting that we seem to be getting first dibs on all these GM candidates...Giants have only asked to speak with one guy we have...Vikes have been slow off the mark.

I'm with @JAF-N72EX- I don't think the NYG job is attractive at all unless they're going to promote the idea of going all in for Watson and Wilson to candidates

46 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I'm with @JAF-N72EX- I don't think the NYG job is attractive at all unless they're going to promote the idea of going all in for Watson and Wilson to candidates

If NY trades 5 and 7 (plus probably more) for Watson or Wilson (or Rodgers 🤞), or if ownership there is ok with a full blown rebuild where they just roll with Jones for 2022, load up everywhere else this draft, then look to get Stroud or Young at the top of the draft in 2023 then it’s a great destination to sell to a candidate. It’s still the Giants - they’re a legacy franchise with a much better modern history of winning than ours. I think Fields over Mystery QB X will tip things our way with most guys, but there are a lot of guys who will want the NY gigs too. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

It's only attractive because of the market...the team right now is a bit of a dumpster fire.

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

Actually, I was saying the opposite. Their still an attractive draw but not as much as Chicago is. 

CHI
++ Fields
++ 12th in Salary Cap (40.3M) and 11th in effective cap (35 players)
++ Fresh start with both GM/HC in the same year
--Lack of draft capital (no 1st rd pick)

NYG
-/+ Daniel Jones (again, it depends how the FO feels about him)
-- 28th in Salary cap (neg 360k) and 29th in effective cap (42 players)
++Fresh start with both GM/HC in the same year
++Alot of draft capital to work with

2 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

The Giants said they were rolling with Jones. But...they said that about Judge, too. So, who knows? 

Haha. Yeah, plus there's alot of smoke and mirrors around this time a year as teams prepare for the draft so it's hard to take what anyone says from any organization.

Just out of curiosity I wanted to see where each team stood in terms of draft capital this year so I used both draft models from drafttek to calculate each teams overall value (as of now ofcourse since the season isn't over).

All data is collected from the two links below.

Jimmy Johnson's trade value chart: https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp
Rich Hill's trade value chart: https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart-Rich-Hill.asp

***(WARNING: ONLY LOOK AT THE RAMS IF YOU NEED A GOOD LAUGH!!!)***

VWtiqtu.pngfg0zSth.png