Bears Hire Ryan Poles as GM & Matt Eberflus as HC

Madmike90

@AdamSchefter

· 8m

Texans fired HC David Culley, as NFL Network and Houston Chronicle also reported.

This is harsh on Culley who did far better than anyone expected...makes another opening with a NE connection so Daboll or Flores could be in play...

After Miami this firing really goes to show how cut throat some of these franchises are and at least the McCaskey's offer stability...hopefully a GM/HC will value that.

10 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

Has Jim Caldwell had any interviews? Seems like he has just as good a head coaching track record as many of the other guys getting interviews.

He makes a ton of sense in Jacksonville

13 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

@AdamSchefter

· 8m

Texans fired HC David Culley, as NFL Network and Houston Chronicle also reported.

This is harsh on Culley who did far better than anyone expected...makes another opening with a NE connection so Daboll or Flores could be in play...

After Miami this firing really goes to show how cut throat some of these franchises are and at least the McCaskey's offer stability...hopefully a GM/HC will value that.

Depending on the HC hire I think the Bears adding Culley to their staff is a good idea. He spent 2 years in Baltimore and I like the idea of some of their offensive concepts here + the Texans played hard as hell for him

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

That's a very good point.

It's kind of a double edged sword. If you want anyone from the Bills and they win it'll be a while. But I think it's important to find out what Josh's status is as far as HC interviews. If they lose they need to put him at the front of the list. Hire him without a GM. Doesn't matter. 

6 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

It's kind of a double edged sword. If you want anyone from the Bills and they win it'll be a while. But I think it's important to find out what Josh's status is as far as HC interviews. If they lose they need to put him at the front of the list. Hire him without a GM. Doesn't matter. 

The thing with the Buffalo guys are at least they are interviewing so can accept it without it being announced...McDaniels won't even interview until the season is over...still a long shot for me but would love it if it happened.

11 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Something makes me hesitate when it comes to Flores...the way he treated his staff is a real concern for me...wouldn't be totally against losing out on him to the Texans...they should want to throw everything at him given his love of Watson and how that could go a long way to fixing that franchise.

Just now, Madmike90 said:

@AaronLemingNFL

1h

“McDaniels does have significant interest around the league. Among the teams that are believed to be strongly considering McDaniels: the Chicago Bears, Minnesota Vikings and the New York Giants.” #Bears

Yeah sorry meant to link that above lol. I mean...I think the Patriots have a very good chance of losing tomorrow. They've been playing bad football lately.