Bears Hire Ryan Poles as GM & Matt Eberflus as HC

Madmike90

3 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

Who cares what current Bears coaches think? 99.9% of them will be axed by the time the month ends

Also, Daniel Greenberg's tweets are just reports of what others say. He works for the Times or Trib and just summarizes news... and I haven't seen anyone report this

Edited by beardown3231

Just now, beardown3231 said:

Who cares what current Bears coaches think? 99.9% of them will be axed by the time the month ends

Would be a major disappointment...nothing against Kelly himself but we need a whole new way of thinking in the front office and if he gets the job then it shows ownership have no real intention of changing.

2 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Also, Daniel Greenberg's tweets are just reports of what others say. He works for the Times or Trib and just summarizes news... and I haven't seen anyone report this

Those are his "sources" apparently. But I don't see why that wouldn't be believable. He's going to be a GM at some point. 

27 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

Those are his "sources" apparently. But I don't see why that wouldn't be believable. He's going to be a GM at some point. 

I'm not being a d*** but truly look at his tweets. He's always summarizing news from others. No way he has any sources. At this point DBB is calling everything beforehand. I'll wait on his confirmation

BREAKING: University of Michigan President Mark Schlissel fired by board after investigation https://freep.com/story/news/education/2022/01/15/university-michigan-president-mark-schlissel-fired-board-investigation/9162810002/

via

Wonder if this means anything for Harbaugh...probably not.

3 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

The Dolphins brass is traveling to Buffalo to do in-person interviews tomorrow with Bills coordinators Brian Daboll and Leslie Frazier, I’m told. The Bears’ interviews with those two, and Joe Schoen (for the GM job) will be done virtually.

Interesting that Miami and Jacksonville are doing face to face interviews where as everyone else seem to be doing round 1 virtually...wonder if that will make any difference in how coaches view these openings.

Those teams have GMs and we don’t. I expect we’ll do in person interviews for HC once we are done with the GM search. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Those teams have GMs and we don’t. I expect we’ll do in person interviews for HC once we are done with the GM search. 

Good point on the current GMs in place…no doubt once we have cut these lists down to a shortlist then all the interviews have to be face to face...I would like to see 3 finalists at firstly GM then HC brought into Chicago for those interviews.

2 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Very easy to see here that Fields could strive in Daboll's offense

Was thinking the exact same thing...not only that but some of the routes these guys are running and more impressively the route combinations would allow Fields to get back to more of a Mesh Offence but with more Vertical shots which fit him perfectly...add in better RBs here than in Buffalo and we could finally have a quality offence.

3 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Was thinking the exact same thing...not only that but some of the routes these guys are running and more impressively the route combinations would allow Fields to get back to more of a Mesh Offence but with more Vertical shots which fit him perfectly...add in better RBs here than in Buffalo and we could finally have a quality offence.

Yeah, when they ask him tomorrow why he thinks he’s the best guy for the job he should just send them a copy of this masterpiece gameplan and send them a link to Allen’s Pro Football Reference page showing his growth from year 1 (when he was declared a bust by the media) to now after year 4.

Just get he and Schoen on the same call and tell them both you want to hire them both, right on the spot, wish them good luck for the rest of the playoffs, get their sizes for team gear, and cancel the rest of the interviews. I’d be down. 

• Like 2

Just now, AZBearsFan said:

Yeah, when they ask him tomorrow why he thinks he’s the best guy for the job he should just send them a copy of this masterpiece gameplan and send them a link to Allen’s Pro Football Reference page showing his growth from year 1 (when he was declared a bust by the media) to now after year 4.

Just get he and Schoen on the same call and tell them both you want to hire them both, right on the spot, wish them good luck for the rest of the playoffs, get their sizes for team gear, and cancel the rest of the interviews. I’d be down. 

The crazy thing is the Bills don't really have any s***ty players. At worst they're average. The roster is loaded. I'd be more excited about Schoen than Daboll I think

1 minute ago, AZBearsFan said:

I would love it if we were that bold when it comes to these two...I love Dodds I think he would be awesome here but he wouldn't have that connection with a top coach like Schoen does with Daboll...all the way back when I did my write up on Daboll I pointed out that in his weekly meets he always praised Brandon Beane (who is an excellent GM) & Joe Schoen...I would have zero issue with us being aggressive and trying to hire them both on the spot...especially since Schoen reported blew the Giants away in his interview and they worry me as a real potential landing spot for both.

12 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

The crazy thing is the Bills don't really have any s***ty players. At worst they're average. The roster is loaded. I'd be more excited about Schoen than Daboll I think

Skill position wise (besides Allen) their RBs are just guys, and I think their WRs are just average too except for Diggs. I know Beasley had 82 catches but that’s for less than 700 yards so a lot of quick screen stuff, and there was zero drop off with McKenzie playing for him when he was on the COVID list, and there’s no question McKenzie is just a guy. Davis and Sanders are average WR3/4 guys. Knox is solid, and a big target in the RZ, but be had less catches and yards than Kmet too. 

Edited by AZBearsFan
  • Like 1

Just now, AZBearsFan said:

Skill position wise (besides Allen) their RBs are just guys, and I think their WRs are jailer average too except for Diggs. I know Beasley had 82 catches but that’s for less than 700 yards so a lot of quick screen stuff, and there was zero drop off with McKenzie playing for him when he was on the COVID list, and there’s no question McKenzie is just a guy. Davis and Sanders are average WR3/4 guys. Knox is solid, and a big target in the RZ, but be had less catches and yards than Kmet too. 

Yeah I agree that a lot of these players on other teams aren't going to be very good...Allen is special and helps everyone around him and Diggs will always take away coverage from others but this offence is putting guys into really good positions.

Every time I watch Allen I still can’t believe how much he has developed since his rookie year…not sure I have ever seen a QB who has developed as much.