Bears Hire Ryan Poles as GM & Matt Eberflus as HC

Madmike90

Albert Breer

@AlbertBreer

15m

Cowboys defensive coordinator Dan Quinn has four interviews set. He’ll meet with the Broncos today, Vikings tomorrow, Dolphins on Thursday and Bears on Saturday, per source. Quinn’s in very good position to get his second shot.

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

DaBearsBlog

@dabearsblog

43m

Des Plaines native / former Giants DC Patrick Graham was rumored to be circling the Bears job were it to have opened a year ago. (And he would have been a hot contender.) I expect to hear his name in the coming days.

I think it's a nice way of interviewing him for a DC role

• Like 1

Aaron Leming

@AaronLemingNFL

14m

Big interview for Morocco Brown today. Was a finalist in Atlanta last year & has previous ties to the #Bears. Plenty of backing/support around the league & has an extensive background as both as a college & pro scout over the years.

I expect Brown to be a finalist here too...hopefully with Dodds & Schoen.

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

I think it's a nice way of interviewing him for a DC role

I would think any viable HC candidate we hire will already have a list of what coordinators they’d bring (or at least want to bring) with them. They’ve almost certainly had those discussions already with those people too. 

6 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

Our patience is being tested, but in reality they can’t hire any of the HCs I’d want them to hire (except McDaniels, who isn’t interviewing, or Harbaugh) this week, and the GM should be involved with the final HC decision anyway, so this is fine IMO. Better to be thorough. Just get it right. 

19 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Our patience is being tested, but in reality they can’t hire any of the HCs I’d want them to hire (except McDaniels, who isn’t interviewing, or Harbaugh) this week, and the GM should be involved with the final HC decision anyway, so this is fine IMO. Better to be thorough. Just get it right. 

Man my patience is past the tested level. Once we fire anyone I want replacements immediately lol. 

13 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Probably have the full interviews recorded and after picking the GM will give him the tapes to review and pick who he wants to bring in for his personal interviews.

And yes, I expect the FO to be recording everything on VHS tapes.

As long as he gets to interview people.  I would definitely want to ask my own questions and not rely on someone else’s.

• Like 1

A question I would want to know is what coaches a HC wants with him and what happens if one of them leaves in a year.

In other words are you reliant on this guy for a side of the ball and does that scheme or system we are using do a complete change if said guy leaves? 

Edited by dll2000
Typo

51 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

How would dabearsblog know if a candidate impressed?