What’s the best package we could get for Rodgers?

fattlipp

10 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

What difference does that make? If they pushed all the chips in for 2021, they'll push it again.

Eventually the year will come where they need to pay the piper, but if Rodgers has a strong desire to come back, absolutely nothing has shown me that Gute and LaFleur will do what Ted and Mac did and pass.

They'll kick the can further down the road.

How much of a say does Murphy have?  I wouldn't bet against him wanting to send Aaron down the road.  He's 67 and safe in his position until age 70, when he is basically forced to retire due to some team stipulation.  These guys have always been about making the tough call.  They were all in this year and they came up short .. actually took a step back.  Time to move on.

So thinking about Denver obviously, I am going MASSIVE blockbuster here.

Three first rounders gets you to the table with Rodgers, this much is obvious.  Beyond that, we can and should work at being creative.  Added in the deal, Surtain for Stokes swap, straight up.  

For the next part of the deal, use that Devante Adams/MVS ultimatum that he gave to your advantage, and swing a deal for the WRs.  Send Devante Adams and MVS on over in return for Jeury and Tim Patrick (thinking Courtland Sutton but that might be a bridge too far). 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

How much of a say does Murphy have?  I wouldn't bet against him wanting to send Aaron down the road.  He's 67 and safe in his position until age 70, when he is basically forced to retire due to some team stipulation.  These guys have always been about making the tough call.  They were all in this year and they came up short .. actually took a step back.  Time to move on.

He shouldn't have any say, he's not in football ops. 

Just now, HeresAGuy said:

Three first rounders gets you to the table with Rodgers, this much is obvious.  Beyond that, we can and should work at being creative.  Added in the deal, Surtain for Stokes swap, straight up.  

For the next part of the deal, use that Devante Adams/MVS ultimatum that he gave to your advantage, and swing a deal for the WRs.  Send Devante Adams and MVS on over in return for Jeury and Tim Patrick (thinking Courtland Sutton but that might be a bridge too far). 

How does that improve our team at all? What is better about Surtain over Stokes other than his draft status?

Davante straight up for Jeudy is gross too. I'd need a 2nd as well. Don't want or need Tim Patrick.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

How does that improve our team at all? What is better about Surtain over Stokes other than his draft status?

Davante straight up for Jeudy is gross too. I'd need a 2nd as well. Don't want or need Tim Patrick.

Devante for Jeury and Fant then?

2 minutes ago, HeresAGuy said:

I love this.

I also love winning ten billion dollars.

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Surtain is going to win games.

Stokes is going to keep you from losing them.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Murphy has influence.    If Murphy and the board want Rodgers to stay, Gute isn't trading him unless Rodgers wants out.  

Murphy isn't spending his last 3 years hoping Love pans out.  His shot at a SB relies on Rodgers in the next 3 years

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Take based on the 0 hrs of regular season football you watched?

This is beneath you. I get it, it’s a fair point. I didn’t watch much. I did still keep up on everything, especially Packer related. I asked questions here, I read up on players, I followed performance.

Every indication is that Stokes is going to be a fantastic coverage corner with elite speed, but lacking in ball skills.

That’s a great player to have, but if you can get a player with good to great coverage skills and play making ability, you go with the playmaker.

If you aren’t attacking on defense and your defense is predicated on not losing games for you, you won’t lose many regular season games, but you won’t win many postseason games.

The Bengals safety made the interception. The Niners safety didn’t. Stokes had a chance for a pick six against the Niners. He missed it badly. It was an incompletion, think it even forced a punt, but certain corners take that to the house and change games, they change seasons.

If you can get a season changer, you take the season changer.

I have already acknowledged this is a pipe dream, but… You need players who make plays to win games on defense.