News: OG Brandon Brooks Retires

oland11

Did anyone else happen to read Brooks' official statement on social media?

The one name that kind of sticks out to me here that he said it was an honor to play with is...... Jalen Reagor.

I'm wondering what that connection between those two is. No one else he mentioned really surprised me besides maybe Marcus Smith, but that was Brooks first year here, so maybe they hit it off. I don't know maybe Brooks helped Reagor out when he wasn't right mentally at some point. 

5 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Did anyone else happen to read Brooks' official statement on social media?

The one name that kind of sticks out to me here that he said it was an honor to play with is...... Jalen Reagor.

I'm wondering what that connection between those two is. No one else he mentioned really surprised me besides maybe Marcus Smith, but that was Brooks first year here, so maybe they hit it off. I don't know maybe Brooks helped Reagor out when he wasn't right mentally at some point. 

I listened to most of it live. I was caught off guard by it too. Someone on WIP mentioned that Brandon Graham was always on Reagor about trying to stay off social media because he experienced what reagor goes through. I can totally see Brandon Brooks coming at the same approach with Reagor but from a psychological approach. Tried to be one of the vets who help rookies adjust to the NFL level. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, oland11 said:

I listened to most of it live. I was caught off guard by it too. Someone on WIP mentioned that Brandon Graham was always on Reagor about trying to stay off social media because he experienced what reagor goes through. I can totally see Brandon Brooks coming at the same approach with Reagor but from a psychological approach. Tried to be one of the vets who help rookies adjust to the NFL level. 

Didn’t know that about BG, but it makes sense for sure that he would be one of those guys to talk to Reagor in a moment like that. Too bad it often seems like he’s still in his own head and we have the vets obviously to help bring him along, so if he still struggling then it’s probably not gonna happen with him turning it around.

On 1/26/2022 at 10:59 PM, TheRealMcCoy said:

I mean given all of the players coming out, wouldn't surprise me if Reagor also suffers from a mental disorder similar to Him and Lane?

We all joke about how fragile, weak, lack of confidence ect type stuff Reagor is. Maybe there's something behind all of it but unlike the others doesn't want it made public?

Grasping for straws here but not totally unlikely. Still sucks!

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

I mean given all of the players coming out, wouldn't surprise me if Reagor also suffers from a mental disorder similar to Him and Lane?

We all joke about how fragile, weak, lack of confidence ect type stuff Reagor is. Maybe there's something behind all of it but unlike the others doesn't want it made public?

Grasping for straws here but not totally unlikely. Still sucks!

Reagor had custom charity cleats (along with several other players) that said "Mental Health is Key". He very well might be dealing with stuff that he doesn't want to reveal. People may perceive him as weaker than say Lane or Brandon who were already established players in the league who had reputations by the time they were speaking about their mental health.

I would say that probably 40% or more of an NFL roster probably has mental heath struggles. A lot of them very well might not know that they are dealing with mental health issues either. These guys grew up suppressing feelings/pain. Hell, I didn't realize I dealt with stuff until I saw a therapist and they said everything you've described is descriptive of ________. I wonder if NFL teams have therapists. It could probably help the players that would need them the most (not like they can't afford good ones on their own)

Edited by oland11
  • Like 1