News: OG Brandon Brooks Retires

oland11

1 minute ago, Danger said:

That said, I've always hated how if a player retires they're still counted against the cap even when they're not playing those years.

Should be a cap for it, like x amount won’t.

I get it though because teams with the $$$ would just backload stuff.

Like guys like Brady would do the vet minimum for all their playing years then cash in on retirement.

Just now, Kiltman said:

Should be a cap for it, like x amount won’t.

I get it though because teams with the $$$ would just backload stuff.

Like guys like Brady would do the vet minimum for all their playing years then cash in on retirement.

IDK, this is gonna sound maybe kina crappy of me, but I feel like if a player retires, their contract should become null and void. Or in suspension. Like you ain't playing those years, you ain't getting paid for em. 

5 minutes ago, Danger said:

IDK, this is gonna sound maybe kina crappy of me, but I feel like if a player retires, their contract should become null and void. Or in suspension. Like you ain't playing those years, you ain't getting paid for em. 

I get it, but both parties agree on x amount of guaranteed money and some retirements happen for reasons outside their control.

Would bring up issues for teams.

I have so much admiration for Brandon Brooks. Both his on-field performance and everything he did off the field for helping with normalizing mental health. Arguably the best RG in football and if he played all of the last two seasons, I totally believe he would’ve been named first team AP at least one more time. A class act through and through 

1 hour ago, oland11 said:

As for the status of our OG/C positions,

assuming Kelce is back, we’ll have Dickerson-Kelce-Driscoll(or Seumalo?). I assume Seumalo would take Kelce’s spot unless they draft an actual replacement for him early in this draft. 

Yeah we’ll be ok. Kelce retiring strains it a bit. Probably add a G/T somewhere along the way.

1 hour ago, oland11 said:

As for the status of our OG/C positions,

assuming Kelce is back, we’ll have Dickerson-Kelce-Driscoll(or Seumalo?). I assume Seumalo would take Kelce’s spot unless they draft an actual replacement for him early in this draft. 

It would be a competition most likely for RG. We also have Nate Herbig, Sua Opeta and Anderson (he played guard and then moved into center during week 18) are both under contract too. They played pretty well I think in their limited snaps though.

I’m also assuming Herbig is probably back cause he’s a RFA.