Mock Drafts

bucsfan333

My mock draft: second last one: I am still torn on potentially moving out of 27. 

1st round: Kyler Gordon CB Washington: The more i think about this - the more it makes sense. Gordon is a stud and great man cover corner who can compete with Bunting right away. 

2nd Round: Isiah Spiller RB Texas AM : adds a good well rounded #2 Back to the rotation and could eat into Lenny's workload. Bucs want to run the football more so he is a great pick. 

3rd Round: EYIOMA UWAZURIKE DT Iowa State: Very good athlete along the DL who's played NT, 3-tech and edge. I think he's an underrated player to take at the end of round 3 instead of reaching for Jones in round 1. 

4th Round: Rasheed Walker OT/G Penn State: Walter is a strong run blocker who can kick inside. Right now - he can compete at Guard with Hainsley and Stine but most likely can be another swing versatile OL. His future position is at Guard as he struggles a bit with outside edge defenders but is an outstanding Run blocker. 

7th Round: Jake Fergusun TE Wisconsin: Favorite TE prospect IMO. Suffered years of bad QB play that hindered his receiving talent. But coming from RB U - is a proven run blocker. 

7th Round: Haskell Garrett DT Ohio state: smaller 3 tech who's limited as a rotational back up. Add more needed depth to the DL. 

11 hours ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

Pewter Report's 2022 Bucs 7-Round Mock Draft FINAL

Wow - Logan Hall at 27? Followed by Trey McBride? 

I have a hard time believing Mcbride will last til the bottom of the 2nd

I like hall but I still have him as the #4 interior DL gut

I hate that pewter report has a good track record because I'd rather trade back a little if we really like Hall

27 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

I hate that pewter report has a good track record because I'd rather trade back a little if we really like Hall

I think Licht already tipped his hand about trading back.  He said the value in the draft is in the middle rounds.  So sounds like trading back in 1st rd very unlikely.  Now if Dominik made that statement, the league consensus would be do the opposite. Licht is a SB winning GM, I believe he has a good read on league sentiment.

44 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

He won't. he could sneak into the 1st round, but his value is early-mid 2nd round. He won't last till our 2nd round pick. If we're targeting him, we're gonna need to move back from 1st, or up in the 2nd.

Logan Hall has been a big riser in the draft community the last 3-4 weeks, so I can definitely see why PR mocked him at the end of 1st. Especially with the Wyatt news that came up recently. 

Edited by kgarrett12486

1 minute ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Peter King's last mock came out this morning - he has us taking David Ojabo at #27. Not gonna lie, that pick would intrigue me. It would be a redshirt year pick, but you're talking about getting a guy that would've gone top 15 if not for the injury. 

If Licht wants to go the redshirt route, I would rather not use a 1st rd pick and draft Demone Clark from LSU.  Both highly unlikely, IMO.

8 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

If Licht wants to go the redshirt route, I would rather not use a 1st rd pick and draft Demone Clark from LSU.  Both highly unlikely, IMO.

Agreed, I think it's unlikely, but intriguing. If this was last year, I could definitely see it being a higher probability coming off the SB run and not having hardly any immediate needs. 

Different tune this off-season. 

• Like 1

On 4/25/2022 at 8:53 AM, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

I mean since 2015 - they were only wrong on 2 picks - Howard in 2017 and wirfs in 2020 and thats due to them not projecting a fall on either prospect. I didn't see Wirfs being the last Tackle taken in the top 20 of the big 4. But so happy he was there.