Mock Drafts

bucsfan333

On 3/3/2022 at 11:15 AM, bucsfan333 said:

Steelers landing Willis at 20 seems like a pipe dream. He's going to be QB1 on any desperate teams for a QB (Carolina - Washington) boards. they're going to trade for a Jimmy G or sign Jameis Winston as insurance. They'll need to trade up far to secure Willis bc his ceiling is Carolina , Floor is Washington. I think Teams will value him over Pickett in round 1. I don't see Pickett going in round 1 unless the Redskins get really desperate and don't land Willis - or the Saints draft him to start the Dennis Allen era. 

I also think Sam Howell makes it into round 1. Him and Corral top my QB chart and only 2 true first round talents at the position. I think Howell is more of a poor man's Justin Herbert - rough season with no talent around him and not great coaching to develop his untapped potential. Has excellent tools and vision for the position. Athletic - fits Bruce Arians system. Probably going to be a better pro than college QB. 

My mock Draft: 

1st round: Trevor Penning T/G Northern Iowa : losing Marpet hurts. Potentially losing Marpet - Cappa - Jensen could really hurt. Penning can play LG immediately and is a freak of an athlete. I anticipate losing Jensen and filling in Robert Hainsley. I'm not sure Stinnie should be Cappa or even Marpets long term replacement. Plus having Gabbert or Trask or another vet - OL is key. 

2nd round: Christian Watson WR North Dakota State: I think even with Godwin reportedly being tagged again - we sign some depth at the position or draft a guy early and in the later rounds. Watson is a physcial beast and fast. Prime second round target. Other options that could be there are Jahan Dotson and Alec Pierce. Either of these 3 will be great additions. 

3rd Round: Tariq Castro Fields CB Penn State: He can step into the slot immediately. While i think if we don't keep Davis - we'll re-sign Whitehead. Fields can develop with a ton of raw upside to take over in 2023 as one of the starting outside corners. 

4th Round: James Cook RB Georgia: Expect the Bucs to sign a back and draft one to replace Jones and Fournette. Cook has fresh legs splitting time with White. 

5th Round: Jake Ferguson TE Wisconsin: I think we restructure Brates deal again. Can't lose all 3 TE's to Free Agency - too much to make up for. 

7th Round: Andrew Stuebar OL Michigan : Has played Center, Tackle and Guard. Will be a good fit here for depth. 

Key Offseason Resignings: 

- G's Aaron Stinnie and Alex Cappa 

- WR Chris Godwin (tag/long term deal) 

- S Jordan Whitehead

- DL William Gholston 

- QB Blaine Gabbert 

Some FA bargains: 

- DT Sheldon Rankins 

- RB Justin Jackson 

- WR Auden Tate

- CB Mackensie Alexander

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ravishingone said:

I have complete faith Licht can draft safeties.  When has he missed?  Justin Evans was a good pick who picked up a career ending injury in the pros.

I don't really want to draft a safety round 1. I've mentioned it before, Cine reminds me a lot of Whitehead (which is fine) but imo coverage is more important nowadays than a safety that supports the run. If we draft a safety in the 1st he better be able to easily cover wrs. And I don't think Cine is on that level coverage wise.

But I am all for as much coverage depth as possible. That was our main weakness last year.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

I don't really want to draft a safety round 1. I've mentioned it before, Cine reminds me a lot of Whitehead (which is fine) but imo coverage is more important nowadays than a safety that supports the run. If we draft a safety in the 1st he better be able to easily cover wrs. And I don't think Cine is on that level coverage wise.

But I am all for as much coverage depth as possible. That was our main weakness last year.

Yeah and a pass rusher or two DL of some kind would be better for the secondary than a coverage safety, in my opinion. I don't think Tryon is going to be scaring any offensive lineman. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Draft Network had us taking Zion Johnson in round 1 and Travis Jones in round 2.

Sign me up for that all day. Build those trenches with young studs.

I think they will have a lot of interest in Devonte Wyatt from Georgia @ 27.  The team is hosting a bunch of the top WRs for official visits.  I think Licht will be very tempted to take Christian Watson @ 27.  His size and athleticism are almost unprecendented.   Evans and Godwin do miss time because of injury.  Perriman is no lock to make the team.  Miller, Darden, and Johnson are on the bubble.

44 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I think they will have a lot of interest in Devonte Wyatt from Georgia @ 27.  The team is hosting a bunch of the top WRs for official visits.  I think Licht will be very tempted to take Christian Watson @ 27.  His size and athleticism are almost unprecendented.   Evans and Godwin do miss time because of injury.  Perriman is no lock to make the team.  Miller, Darden, and Johnson are on the bubble.

I have not seen 1 mock with Watson in the first round that would be a tragic F+ pick.

55 minutes ago, indifference said:

I have not seen 1 mock with Watson in the first round that would be a tragic F+ pick.

We ll see what happens, but have mock drafts suddenly got more accurate in recent years?  His athleticism is literally second only to Calvin Johnson from the combine.  Could Watkins go before Williams?  I could see it.   Watkins will get drafted in the 20s, IMO.  We'll see if I'm right.