17290783.jpeg

6.) Matt Araiza-P- San Diego State

0.918.utah_dtuskan_00655.jpg?ssl=1

6.) Bubba Bolden-S- Miami

9943640_2.jpg

7.) Cameron Dicker- Kicker- Texas

GettyImages-1236884416-scaled-e164444300

Edited by Dawgpoun8017

Our FO does not value traditional LB enough to spend a 1st round pick on it.

This off-season would be the death knell for any hope of Baker success in 2022, basically locking us into a ? at QB going forward. I'm not on board with that. 

• Like 1

Interesting take on the Draft......I dont like taking an undersized MLB with average stats in the first...Ross I like, but with his injury concerns, he cant be the first WR were taking. I seriously doubt anyone give us a 5th for either of those contracts.....Not a Fan of letting MJ Stewart walk....If Walker is there in the 3rd, that would be like the DJ Metcalf pick....how does he slip that low......and taking Max Mitchell in the 3rd....ok you MUST REALLY like him....he's a day 3 developmental tackle that will need at least a year or 2 to get strong enough to play at the NFL level....AND no ADDITION of a Free agent WR..and only draft 2 WR's and one of them has injury concerns.....also wasting a pick on a RB, we have plenty in the Stable this year....

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, FGK said:

Our FO does not value traditional LB enough to spend a 1st round pick on it.

This off-season would be the death knell for any hope of Baker success in 2022, basically locking us into a ? at QB going forward. I'm not on board with that. 

imo Deans impact goes beyond his stats, his coverage and blitzing ability is disruptive, and imo there is not a big gap between the WR's after Wilson and someone like Justyn Ross, who has #1 WR potential, I dont think that it puts a nail in the coffin for Baker, Khalil Shakir has very good potential out of the slot where I think he would take over for Landry, you now have DPJ and Ross on the outside and Shakir in the slot, with a 1 2 punch at TE with Njoku and Bryant, with Kolar being a suitable 3rd TE

19 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

Interesting take on the Draft......I dont like taking an undersized MLB with average stats in the first...Ross I like, but with his injury concerns, he cant be the first WR were taking. I seriously doubt anyone give us a 5th for either of those contracts.....Not a Fan of letting MJ Stewart walk....If Walker is there in the 3rd, that would be like the DJ Metcalf pick....how does he slip that low......and taking Max Mitchell in the 3rd....ok you MUST REALLY like him....he's a day 3 developmental tackle that will need at least a year or 2 to get strong enough to play at the NFL level....AND no ADDITION of a Free agent WR..and only draft 2 WR's and one of them has injury concerns.....also wasting a pick on a RB, we have plenty in the Stable this year....

I think Dean has the ability to play MLB similar to someone like Roquan Smith who has been very good for the bears who really isnt that much bigger than Dean is, Dean is a tremendous blitzer as well as cover LB , make sure tackles and is aggressive, it came down to him and the other WR for me and imo the gap in talent between someone like Justyn Ross and say someone like Drake London isnt that big, had Ross not missed hos sophomore year and had a better Qb than DJ U he is imo in the conversation of the first round WR's.  I am basing the MJ stewart stuff on an article that I read about a tweet he sent out that looked like he pretty much was saying goodbye to Cleveland  as far as walker goes I was just going by where PFF had him ranked do I think he will rise i most certainly do but i go by the rankings I have when I make my mock. I do think Max Mitchell is an interesting prospect that fits our offense, most of the other Tackles ahead of him dont really fir the mold that our tackles fit and are more considered power run Tackles.  I am not opposed to bringing in a FA wideout I just think that they are going to be very expensive and idk if I am willing to shell that money for Gallup coing off an ACL, same with Godwin, and Mike Williams while having a great year this year is his real only year of stout production. I picked James cook because I think we ultimately lose D'Ernest Johnson to a deal that we cant match

6 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

I think Dean has the ability to play MLB similar to someone like Roquan Smith who has been very good for the bears who really isnt that much bigger than Dean is, Dean is a tremendous blitzer as well as cover LB , make sure tackles and is aggressive, it came down to him and the other WR for me and imo the gap in talent between someone like Justyn Ross and say someone like Drake London isnt that big, had Ross not missed hos sophomore year and had a better Qb than DJ U he is imo in the conversation of the first round WR's.  I am basing the MJ stewart stuff on an article that I read about a tweet he sent out that looked like he pretty much was saying goodbye to Cleveland  as far as walker goes I was just going by where PFF had him ranked do I think he will rise i most certainly do but i go by the rankings I have when I make my mock. I do think Max Mitchell is an interesting prospect that fits our offense, most of the other Tackles ahead of him dont really fir the mold that our tackles fit and are more considered power run Tackles.  I am not opposed to bringing in a FA wideout I just think that they are going to be very expensive and idk if I am willing to shell that money for Gallup coing off an ACL, same with Godwin, and Mike Williams while having a great year this year is his real only year of stout production. I picked James cook because I think we ultimately lose D'Ernest Johnson to a deal that we cant match

I can dig it, and I respect it. Roquan was already an undersized LB coming out....but IMO Roquan Smith was an entirely different animal, Roquan's SR. year stats are almost equal to Dean's Career stats. But if you like Dean that much, I respect it. I dont rate Dean as a Day 1 pick. 

Once again I like the player, the circumstance I dont like, no Free Agent WR, and then the main Wr. you take in the draft is one with documented Injury problems. I feel the overhaul of the receiving corps is a MUST this offseason, and adding a 1rst round talent with injury concerns in the 2nd round, does not seem like an overhaul to me....if that kid gets hurt, then your talking about a downgrade from the receiving from last year.

The MJ Stewart thing...can you please provide a link, I think I'm not the only Brother in here that would like to read it also. I did not hear about such a tweet....not saying it didnt happen...

I can dig it, I use Waltersfootball, CBS's site, This draft site that one of my homeboys sent me (I have the link but not the name), and I look at Bucky Brooks and Daniel Jerimiahs....who thought we would get JOK in the 2nd round last year....so maybe he does slip...but 6'4/6'5 275lb DE's who can run usually dont slip (Jason Oweh didnt have a SINGLE sack his Sr. year and went 31rst)....

And with the OT, once again, I have no problem with the player...but if were going to waive our RT be better damn'shole pick up something more than Max Mitchell....IMO.

Thank you for the Responses Brother, I hope this didnt come off like I was trying to rain on your parade.

30 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

imo Deans impact goes beyond his stats, his coverage and blitzing ability is disruptive, and imo there is not a big gap between the WR's after Wilson and someone like Justyn Ross, who has #1 WR potential, I dont think that it puts a nail in the coffin for Baker, Khalil Shakir has very good potential out of the slot where I think he would take over for Landry, you now have DPJ and Ross on the outside and Shakir in the slot, with a 1 2 punch at TE with Njoku and Bryant, with Kolar being a suitable 3rd TE

I mean, Dean might be a great LB, but our FO just doesn't care about LBs. I don't think that changes here.

Strongly, strongly disagree on the gap in WR tiers. London/Wilson/Burks (and Williams if he were healthy) are a clear, clear tier. That second group all have some major questions to address. I don't really care how we assess folks scouting-wise. Dumping Hooper/Landry/OBJ and adding zero FA's and a pair of 2nd/4th round rookies means our WR is going to be one of the 3-5 worst in the NFL. No question. WR takes time to develop, only the truly elite are shot out of a cannon their rookie years. This mock is designed to make Baker flop next year and I just think that's bad team design.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I can dig it, and I respect it. Roquan was already an undersized LB coming out....but IMO Roquan Smith was an entirely different animal, Roquan's SR. year stats are almost equal to Dean's Career stats. But if you like Dean that much, I respect it. I dont rate Dean as a Day 1 pick. 

Once again I like the player, the circumstance I dont like, no Free Agent WR, and then the main Wr. you take in the draft is one with documented Injury problems. I feel the overhaul of the receiving corps is a MUST this offseason, and adding a 1rst round talent with injury concerns in the 2nd round, does not seem like an overhaul to me....if that kid gets hurt, then your talking about a downgrade from the receiving from last year.

The MJ Stewart thing...can you please provide a link, I think I'm not the only Brother in here that would like to read it also. I did not hear about such a tweet....not saying it didnt happen...

I can dig it, I use Waltersfootball, CBS's site, This draft site that one of my homeboys sent me (I have the link but not the name), and I look at Bucky Brooks and Daniel Jerimiahs....who thought we would get JOK in the 2nd round last year....so maybe he does slip...but 6'4/6'5 275lb DE's who can run usually dont slip (Jason Oweh didnt have a SINGLE sack his Sr. year and went 31rst)....

And with the OT, once again, I have no problem with the player...but if were going to waive our RT be better damn'shole pick up something more than Max Mitchell....IMO.

Thank you for the Responses Brother, I hope this didnt come off like I was trying to rain on your parade.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/heavy.com/sports/cleveland-browns/mj-stewart-time-over-free-agency/amp/

• 1 month later...