Taylor Lewan

SpacemanSpiff

41 minutes ago, Daniel said:

We've had a top five OL for like the past three seasons before this one.  And even this one was pretty good overall, despite injuries.  This critique has no basis in reality.

Yep. Pretty much falls under the same line of thinking that Deshaun Watson isn’t a good QB because the Texans suck. 

2 hours ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

Contract and the fact that the line, under his leadership, tends to be lacklustre. 

Under his leadership? That doesn’t even make sense. We have a consistently good line, one that is always good in run blocking and did improve over the year in pass pro.

we have a glaring weakness at RT that needs to be addressed ASAP. But Lewan still gives us typically very solid/reliable performances and, given his position, it’s worth the perhaps high contract 

6 hours ago, Daniel said:

We've had a top five OL for like the past three seasons before this one.  And even this one was pretty good overall, despite injuries.  This critique has no basis in reality.

not only that, but the area which we struggle the most in is pass blocking....but it's because of everyone else. lewan is just about the only good pass protector left on the team.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

Dang, y’all got me on not knowing what I was talking about when it came to the OL performance under Lewan for sure. I’ll take the L on that one; I was speaking on what I saw from them this year and ignoring the performance of last year and others.

Recency bias is a hell of a thing.