Taylor Lewan

SpacemanSpiff

Where do we stand on him? I'm not going to lie: I don't think he's worth as much money as he pulls for the team, and I think the results (our QB being one of the most sacked in the league) really speak for themselves. Would have much rather kept Jack Conklin on the right side than Lewan on the left, frankly. 

I can’t see Lewan going anywhere. His play is still top 10 amongst LTs. He’s probably overpaid but he’s by far our best pass-blocker on the OL. I think Radunz is a future LT but he’s going to have to start a season a RT. Lewan played RT his rookie year while we had Roos. Sure it won’t be Radunz rookie season, but it might as well be as he didn’t really have a season his final college season. He needs to get his *** in the weight room and live there this offseason. That would just leave a hole at LG assuming they cut Saffold and resign Jones(which they need to).

4 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Do you guys remember hearing Trey Hendrickson name on Saturday? I don’t because Lewan still is a high quality LT even if he’s slightly overpaid. I say keep him for another year then go from there,

I’m with you. Plus he’s still only 30. Slightly overpaid but at his best, he’s a pretty good LT. His *** just needs to stay healthy and quit doing dumb **** like concussing himself against the Bills.

• Like 1

Love him. Want him to stay. Idk. Ben Jones or him. It feels like one or the other has to go. My gut feel tells me to resign Ben Jones, build around him being the center and leader.

I really am torn, because Taylor was a huge reason we are what we are today. It would hurt to see him get cut. I think we need to start shaking things up to grow.

To me though. It’s most definitely time to move on from Saff.

Not gonna act like I’m an expert at evaluating OL, but Lewan still seems like a pretty strong LT to me that - and I’ve said this before - is athletic enough to have a solid second wind. Obviously it’s important to see how he continues to recover with the ACL.

I think we should hang onto him. But man I really want Ques to be replaced next year.

• Like 1

The fact that his worst game of his career in the opener, owned up to playing like ****, then worked hard to have a better season from then on shows he’s still got a great work ethic.

He always comes off as one of the big leaders in the locker room too.

And tackles are expensive anyway. Keep him.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Daniel said:

The fact that his worst game of his career in the opener, owned up to playing like ****, then worked hard to have a better season from then on shows he’s still got a great work ethic.

He always comes off as one of the big leaders in the locker room too.

And tackles are expensive anyway. Keep him.

Pretty much. The hate he gets sometimes baffles me. He's a pro, and a really good one.

Just now, Mesa_Titan said:

Pretty much. The hate he gets sometimes baffles me. He's a pro, and a really good one.

Yeah. We do need to free up some money somewhere, but I think with guys like Lewan, it can be freed up with an extension.

If money is gonna be freed up on the OL, it’s going to be with Saffold. We have a ton of guys that could slide into that spot: Brewer, Lamm, Radunz, or Quessenberry.

All are probably downgrades, but that’s what you do to get money.

35 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Yeah. We do need to free up some money somewhere, but I think with guys like Lewan, it can be freed up with an extension.

If money is gonna be freed up on the OL, it’s going to be with Saffold. We have a ton of guys that could slide into that spot: Brewer, Lamm, Radunz, or Quessenberry.

All are probably downgrades, but that’s what you do to get money.

saffold didn’t even play well this year tbh. love the guy but we could do better for cheaper

Edited by -Hope-

31 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

saffold didn’t even play well this year tbh. love the guy but we could do better for cheaper

He’s still a dang monster in run blocking tho, imo 

doesn’t necessarily warrant him staying. I do think it’s time to move on. Guys a warrior but for his own sake I think he should think long and hard about retiring.

but the left side of this OL is gonna be a B to replace 

21 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

He’s still a dang monster in run blocking tho, imo 

doesn’t necessarily warrant him staying. I do think it’s time to move on. Guys a warrior but for his own sake I think he should think long and hard about retiring.

but the left side of this OL is gonna be a B to replace 

As long as Lewan is still here the left side should be fine. It's replacing Quessenberry and Nate Davis that is the problem. I'm willing to give Davis somewhat of a mulligan for have Quess there, but he wasn't good this year.